Baby Zelo

Love Me or Hate Me

He strolled the dark streets again, only using the moon as his light. He had to find another girl for his brother or he'd be deprived of food for a month and get a bad beating. 

 

The sound of breathing echoed the alleyway and the light shone upon a girl who slept on a piece of cardboard using her arms to keep her warm. Zelo approached her and kneeled beside her. Nervously, he poked her lightly, afraid she might snap at him. 

 

But the sleeping beauty fluttered her eyes open. Although her face was dirty and it smelled like she didn't take a shower in days, her beauty was still present.

 

"W-who are you?" The girl sat up, a bit intimidated by the boy. Zelo took off his jacket and wrapped it around the freezing beauty. She nodded, showing how grateful she was.

 

"Do you want a job?" She tilted her head, a bit confused at his question. "I can give you a job. You don't have to sleep on the streets anymore and you'll have food to eat. Doesn't that sound good?" The girl slowly nodded her head, a little doubtful. Zelo stood up and reached out his hand. The girl looked at it, not knowing what to do.  "Take my hand, and I'll take you away from here." The girl stared at his hand. She smiled and took a hold of it and stood up.

 

The two walked down the dark streets, hand in hand. "My name is Zelo, I'm twelve. What's you name and what's you age?" This was a sentence Zelo constantly said since it was his job. The girl smiled innocently at him, causing him to feel more guilty.

 

"My name is Young Mi, I'm eighteen." 

 

>oOo<

 

"Please stop!!" The sound of bones breaking filled the room and all Young Mi could do was watch as her best friend was being beaten. "Please!! He's badly hurt!  You're going to kill him!" The kicks stopped and Young Mi gulped.

 

"Mimi, he didn't do his job. He has to be punished. You know this already." Donghae cupped her face in his hands. "If you don't shut up, I might really kill him." Young Mi glanced over at Zelo, who was grabbing is stomach, coughing up blood. Donghae walked toward his brother again, ready to beat him.

 

"What if I make you a deal?!" Donghae turned to Young Mi and smirked.

 

"What kind of deal, Mimi?" Young Mi looked at Zelo again.

 

"I'm already your bodyguard and protect you from anyone who tries to harm you. But, what if I did more? I'll kill all your competitors!" Donghae laughed. "If you don't have any rivals you won't have to get new girls and you can just stick with the ones you have! Zelo won't have to do his job anymore." Donghae thought about it and smiled.

 

"You're so smart Mimi. But, I want a little more from this deal." Young Mi bit her lip.

 

"I'll let him go, you'll kill all my rivals as promised, and as a bonus you'll be my little play thing." Young Mi's eyes widened. "You see Mimi, even though I'm in this business, I'm quite lonely. I don't want some cheap . I want a genuine girl. Like you Mimi. Don't worry I won't do anything to you. I just need someone to talk to, someone to share my thoughts with." Donghae leaned in closer to Young Mi. "Someone to love." 

 

Young Mi held in the tears that were about to fall once she saw Zelo was unconscious. "Fine."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

Donghae

You owe me twice as much now. 5 months left . . . and as a little warning . . . I've taken Zelo.

 

Young Mi's eyes widened and she quickly got up. Daehyun ran out of the staff room, badly wounded. "Y-Young Mi! You gotta get out of here! Some guys came in and took Zelo! Go back home! You'll be safe there!" Young Mi shook her head.

 

"No! I'm going to get Zelo back." She ran out and heard Daehyun call her name, telling her to come back.