Equation 37

Less Than Three

 

Equation37

 

Jonghyun's P.O.V

 

“Yes grandma, I can visit in the weekend, but is it okay, if I bring my boyfriend too?” As Key uttered these words, Jonghyun felt his breath get stuck in his throat all over again and all of his previous actions were put into a halt.

Had Key ever told his grandmother anything about him? Did his grandmother even know that her beloved grandson was dating another boy? How would she react now that she knew?

A lot of questions were starting to fill up Jonghyun’s mind and it made him feel uneasy not to know any of the answers himself. All he could do was to wait for Key to answer them, once he would be done phoning with his grandmother.

Key’s mouth twisted upwards as he uttered the next sentence: “Yes, his name is Jonghyun – Kim Jonghyun.”

Jonghyun examined his face closely; it looked like the boy was fighting to hold back a smile, because of something his grandmother had said. Whatever that may have caused his boyfriend to smile in any case, it had to be a good sign, right?

“I promise you that he is a great guy, grandma.”

Jonghyun was now watching how the younger’s cheeks tainted a faint pink color and as he tried to catch his eyes, Key seemed to be turning away from him, avoiding how he obviously had been gawking at him during the whole time, he had been on the phone.

Key eventually shared the last couple of words with his grandmother (telling her how great of a boyfriend he had – much to Jonghyun’s glee), before bidding the older woman an adoring goodbye and hanging up.

As soon as Key had put the phone away, Jonghyun clutched onto his arm and looked at him with a curious gaze.

“Go and pack your stuff, we are going to Daegu in the weekend, to visit my grandma,” Key obviously announced, as if Jonghyun hadn’t been sitting there for the whole time and heard every word he had spoken.

 

“The car needs fuel,” Jonghyun suddenly stated with a tiny sigh, as he drove off the highway and in on the nearest gas station.

They had almost been driving for two and an half hours without any stop, when Jonghyun came up with the statement. They had packed their stuff the previous evening and drove off in the silver-gray car, which they had borrowed from Onew, this afternoon as soon as both of their classes come to an end.

It had taken a bit to convince Onew about borrowing his car, but after tons of promises about cooking a lot of chicken for him, when they got home, he had finally agreed - with an admonition about treating it like it were their own baby (which had kind of freaked them out.).

The car ride had been carefree thus far. Jonghyun and Key had been talking, singing to the radio and in general enjoyed themselves.

“I will go to the washroom and get myself fixed up a little bit then,” Key stated and turned around in his seat, to get his bag from the backseat, while Jonghyun pulled up and parked the car by one of the offered gas tanks.

When the younger boy had entered the car two and an half hours earlier, he had been dressed in a pair of black sweatpants and a comfortable gray pullover – exclaiming that it was far more relaxing when you had to be seated in a car for such a long period of time – but now that they would be arriving by his grandmother in a half an hour, he had probably planned to change into a more civil outfit.

As Jonghyun had finished to refuel the car and figured that Key probably would take some time, he decided to go into the convenience store, which was combined with the gas station to buy some popsicles for himself and Key.

Jonghyun could still remember the first time they ate ice cream together – how they had been sitting and enjoying the sun, with each their ice, and how they had ended up, throwing each other in the school fountain.

The older boy chuckled slightly by the memory, as he took a seat on a green nest swing, which was located on the playground beside the said store he just had exited.

This just reminded him about their time in Lotte World however. How Key had been afraid of the wild rides and how they had ended up in the children world instead of (and how they almost had ended up being kicked out by the staff in addition).

“Are you just sitting there, eating popsicles without me?” A pouting voice sounded from behind, all of a sudden, causing Jonghyun to turn his head around, to take a look on his boyfriend, now dressed in some blue skinny jeans and a white graphic shirt.

He then realized that he almost had finished eating the popsicle, which he actually had bought for Key.

“I did buy one for you too, but you used to long time in the washroom that I had to eat it, because it was so close to smelt in my hands, while I was sitting and waiting for you to return,” Jonghyun informed and popped the last piece of ice cream into his mouth, before signing for Key to come over and join him on the nest swing.

As the younger boy eventually did join him however, it did not take Jonghyun a long time to pull him down for a passionately kiss and let him taste the leftovers, from the piece of popsicle in his mouth.

The kiss did not last long however, as Jonghyun suddenly abruptly pulled away and looked at a tiny black-haired girl, who was standing in the sand surrounding the nest swing and looking at them with big eyes and mouth wide agape.

“Ew, that was gross,” Key stated and wrinkled his nose cutely.

Jonghyun could not prevent the smile that formed around his lips, but he still nodded towards the little girl, who was standing behind Key and whom he figured Key hadn’t noticed yet.

Key turned his head, eyes widening when he saw the girl. He mumbled something with ‘oh my’ before hurrying off the swing.

(You have to admit that it is a bit awkward, when you catch a little innocent girl, watching you while you are making out with your hot boyfriend, on a swing, which originally is designed for children).

Picking the girl up, Key seemed to be looking around for some parents, before placing the girl in the nest. The girl showed a wide smile then, before scooting closer to Jonghyun and into his lap.

Jonghyun turned to look in the direction Key just had looked and saw a woman and a man, standing by a blue station car and looking towards them, both with a thoughtful facial expression.

“She seems to like you,” Key said and started to push the swing back and forth. Instead of answering Jonghyun just smiled again and watched Key as he was pushing the swing, while the girl just smiled and grinned sweet – definitely not complaining about the company she had found.

“Sanghee come here, we are driving again!” The woman yelled after a little while.

Key stopped the swing immediately and the girl jumped off, bowed followed by another smile and ran off. Key took a deep mouthful of air then, before taking a seat beside Jonghyun again.

Scooting closer Jonghyun wrapped his arms around Key and rested his head on Key’s shoulder. “Are you exhausted just after that?”

“Hey!” Key protested and smacked him on the arm. “Maybe it wouldn’t have been that hard, if not you had been sitting on the swing.”

Jonghyun just laughed and placed a chaste kiss on his cheek, before saying: “We should get going as well – your grandma promised to have dinner ready when we would arrive, so we better not be late.”

(He also wanted to be there in advance and give a good first impression to one of the persons that meant the most to Key).

“Mh,” Key mumbled. “We better get going then.”

 

Written by Legende

 

A/N: Hi everyone! :) We're finally back - and we'll get right back on track with at least one update a week! (Hopefully - I just got home from Spain, but on Thursday I'll be on my way to Faroes Islands.) 

It's been quite awhile, since we updated last time, and we hope you all have been enjoying summer, and that your weather has been much better than the rainy weather we have in Denmark all the time. (I swear - Denmark is the land were the rain never seems to stop falling.)

But did you all enjoy this chapter? I sure did. I really missed Legende's updates - and all of you of course! 

We'll see you all next week! (Or hopefully sooner!)

- Mapi :)