Equation 18

Less Than Three

Equation18

 

Key's P.O.V

 

"What is he doing here?" The question ended up sounding more harsh, than Key had intended, but he was surprised to see Jonghyun standing beside Taemin, as if he was supposed to be there.

"Well you invited me yourself to come and see you dance, remember?" A smirk appeared on Jonghyun's lips, as he sent Key a challenging stare.

"Hyung, I'm really sorry," Taemin apologetic interrupted, before the older boys would kill each other, "I just saw Jonghyun hyung, as I was on the way out, and I thought, it would be nice, if he joined too."

A sigh escaped Key's lips, as he messed Taemins hair up. "It's alright!"

"Well now with that settled," Woohyun, who had been sitting on the floor watching the others, stood up, "shall we dance?"

"Wow, that sounded cheesy," Key pretended to shiver, as he laughed out loud, but only got a shrug in return from Woohyun.

Taemin were now the one sitting on the floor, as he was stretching out a bit, before they began. Jonghyun had sat down over at the wall, so he wouldn't get in the way, but Key knew, that Jonghyun's stare hadn't left him once.

Key shifted position a bit uncomfortable, as he grabbed Woohyun's hand to get a bit of comfort, but his friend perceived nothing, as he was used to Key holding his hand on the weirdest times.

"While Taemin stretches should we do a little competition?" Woohyun had that glint in his eyes, which told Key, that Woohyun thought he would win, but Key already knew, that that wouldn't be the case.

A competition usually meant that the two of them would let their iTunes choose a lot of different girl dances, and if one of them didn't know the dance, that person would lose.

"I'm in," Key grinned, as he let go of Woohyun's hand once again, "but remember - I always win!"

"Not this time," Woohyun was already on his way to his computer to make a playlist, so the competition could start. He had a lot of songs, where he only had the chorus part, so it would be  much easier to hold a competition like this.

"You ready?" He asked Key, and he waited for an agreeing nod, before he turned the music on. The music was loud and filled the whole room making it hard for someone to hear their own thoughts. But Key didn't have to think - his body knew itself, what it should do.

The playlist started with Girl's Generation's 'Tell me your wish', which both Key and Woohyun knew by heart, so they were aware, that they both would  win this round, but Key had long forgotten about the competition in his head, as his body was dancing by itself.

Jonghyun had gotten Key's eye contact as soon, as he had started dancing and not once did they break it. Key couldn't help but think about, what was going on in Jonghyun's mind, as he sat there and watched him dance.

The song suddenly changed to KARA's 'Mister', which weren't a problem for neither of them again, but Key had to break the eye contact in order to turn around to do the dance.

Key sneaked a peak behind him to see Jonghyun overtly stared at his . Turning a bit shy Key looked away but continued with the dance, as he didn't want to lose to Woohyun. Plus he somehow liked the attention Jonghyun was giving him.

The competition went on for a bit and as always Key won. There weren't a girl dance, that he couldn't dance, he happily announced to all of them, as he once again got eye contact with Jonghyun. What was going on?

"Should we dance a bit for real then?" A panting Woohyun asked, as he bend over with his hands on his knees to catch his breath.

"Of course," a fresh Taemin smiled happily, as he had finished stretching out. It was hard to admit for Key and Woohyun, but the younger guy danced almost as good as them, and they had studied dance for a longer time.

The music was once again loud, as the three of them danced a dance routine together, as Jonghyun sat there only with eyes for Key, but Key tried his best to ignore the tingling feeling in his stomach.

It quickly turned evening, and they all decided to break up, as Taemin received a message from Minho about him making dinner for all of them. Woohyun hugged Key quickly and waved to the others, as they said their goodbyes.

"I won't see Woohyun until next week," Key complained, as they were about to climb the stairs to their dorm.

"So what?" Jonghyun mumbled a bit agitated, as he was tired of hearing about Woohyun all the time. Why couldn't Key talk about something else?

"What the is wrong with you?" the tiredness was catching up to Key, and he really didn't want to hear any of Jonghyun's riddles. At least they sounded like riddles to him.

"Nothing's wrong with me," a bit offended Jonghyun frowned at Key's outburst, "chill."

Letting out a frustrated sigh Key hurried up to the dorm to get away from Jonghyun. Why was he getting so much to him?

Slamming the door behind him - in the face of Jonghyun and Taemin - Key almost threw his shoes off, as he angrily stomped towards the bathroom to get a cold shower.

"Dinner's-" Minho stopped mid-sentence, as he saw how angry Key was, and he knew better, than getting in his friends way.

"I'm not hungry." trying to hold his anger in, Key slammed the bathroom door, as he heard Minho ask the other two, what was wrong with him, as they entered the dorm.

The cold shower helped a lot, as Key had felt the anger leave him, as air leaves a balloon. He entered his room, and as he sat down on the chair beside his table and looked around his room.

A fact about Key is, that he's a perfectionist. There's a place for all of his things, and he would notice right away, if there were something in his room, which didn't belong there - hence there didn't go long, before he noticed the pink note hanging on the back of his door.

"What is this?" He asked himself slowly, as he read the note - feeling the anger building up once again.

‘Math is like love. A simple idea. But it can get complicated.’

Stomping into the living room Key went over to the table, where the other four was eating their late dinner, as he threw the note on the table.

"Who keeps giving me those notes?" 

 

Written by MapiHyperMonkey