Equation 10

Less Than Three

Equation10

 

Key's P.O.V

 

The feeling where you want to strangle the person in front of you so badly, that it almost hurt, what was it called? Irritation? No, that didn't describe it well enough. Annoyance? No, it wasn't that either.

Key bit the end of his pen thoughtfully, as he stared into thin air. He couldn't quite put a finger on the feeling he was searching for - nothing described that one feeling good enough.

"So how do I solve this question?" Key flinched a bit at Jonghyuns voice, as if he just woke up from a trance, "I've really tried this time. I promise!"

Slowly without a word Key took the book from Jonghyun and stared hopelessly at the question, as he realized, that he explained the exact same problem for the boy in front of him just a minute ago.

Sighing loudly Key gazed at Jonghyun, as he rested his head on his hand. "Are you sure you listen to the things, I try to teach you?"

Maybe it was regret, he felt? Regret over the fact, that he tried to save this boy in front of him, who didn't seem to have fully realized his own problem yet.

"Of course," Jonghyun cried, as he frustrated ran a hand through his hair for the third time into their conversation, "It just seems like it won't get stuck."

"We need to find another way to teach you then," searching for an answer Key sighed frustrated once again. He had never faced such problems himself, so it was hard for him to understand, what Jonghyun was going through.

Once again Key explained the same problem for Jonghyun - just in another way this time - hoping that his dinosaur like hyung could get it stuck this time around.

Jonghyun tried once again. Wrote a few numbers on the paper just to erase it once again, but he didn't give up. He tried once again.

No, it hadn't been regret he felt, Key thought quietly to himself, as he glanced at the concentrated hyung in front of him.

As he sat and stole glances of Jonghyun, Key noticed how Jonghyun kept on removing one of his fringe, which kept going into his eyes. Without thinking about it Key lifted his hand and helped Jonghyun remove the fringe getting him his full attention.

"How about this?" Key quickly came up with an excuse, as he didn't know what else to say, "I'll buy you an ice cream, if you get all the problems right?"

"How old do you think, I am?" Jonghyun teased Key, as he caught the younger's eyes, "but I'll agree to it this once."

Receiving a wink from Jonghyun Key looked a bit flustered down at his own homework and tried to concentrate again, but he found it hard to gather his thoughts.

"Done!" Jonghyun announced happily, as he wrote the last number down on his paper leaning back against the wall behind him.

"You sure?" Key asked him with doubt in his voice making Jonghyun a bit worried.

"No?" Jonghyun's voice shook a bit, as he tried to get the paper back from Key.

"That ice cream must be really important to you," Key laughed, as he leaned back, so Jonghyun couldn't reach the paper, before he started to correct the problems Jonghyun had solved.

Nervously Jonghyun kept his stare on Key, as he waited anxiously to hear the judgment.

"You have a few mistakes..." Key slowly trailed off, as he saw Jonghyuns expression slowly turn into something that looked like despair, "but how about I buy you an ice cream anyways, and then we go back to studying afterwards?"

Jonghyun lit up right away, as he stood up and sang all the way to the front door, that Key was buying him an ice cream.

Key hid a smile, there slowly was forming on his lips, as he walked behind the childlike boy, who were happy about receiving something as simple as an ice cream.

"Isn't the sun just nice?" Jonghyun sighed satisfied, as he closed his eyes taking another bite of his ice cream.

"Perfect." Key said, as he also took a bite of his strawberry ice cream. His head was filled with other things than the sun. Like how he should finish his homework instead of sitting here. Or how he should cook, before Onew and Taemin decided to help again. He shivered just by the thought.

"Why don't you relax a bit?" Jonghyun asked, as he sat down at the school fountain, there were placed at the campus middle.

"I do relax," Key snickered, as he also sat down next to Jonghyun.

None of them noticed the girls standing on scattered around the huge fountain whispering words about seeing two of the most popular guys at school together. Neither had they noticed how the summer had turned all the tree green, or how the sun played against their arms.

"Then what are you thinking about right now?" Jonghyun demanded to know, as he made Key aware of the fact, that his ice cream was melting.

"Homework," clearing his throat Key's answer still sounded as a mumble to Jonghyun, but he had already guessed the answer beforehand.

"That's what I mean!" Jonghyun laughed, as he took the last bite of his chocolate ice cream, but Key only shook his head in reply, as he had nothing to say.

Before Key even had the chance to realize, what was going on, he reached the surface of the fountain and gasped for air.  Jonghyun stood on the sideline holding his stomach from laughter, as it had been him, who had pushed Key into the lukewarm water.

"This is what I call having fun," Jonghyun winked at Key earning himself a glare, before Key grabbed his hand and pulled him into the water too.

When Jonghyun finally reached the surface too, Key was sitting the same place from before and looked down at Jonghyun sending him an evil smile. "It's true. This is fun."

 

Written by MapiHyperMonkey