Equation 14

Less Than Three

Equation14

 

Key's P.O.V

 

"You're really good at playing the piano," Key noticed, as Jonghyun once again sat in front of him. He saw nothing wrong in complimenting his elder. If someone's good, they should get complimented, and if someone's bad, someone should tell them, before they make a fool out of themselves.

"Thank you," Jonghyun grinned, as he shyly scratched his arm, but Key knew better than anyone, that Jonghyun was confident about his music.

The dinner was about to end, but they still needed the dessert. Jonghyun had insisted, even though Key had asked, if they just could go home already, as he was getting tired. He didn't mention, that he had work the next day, so he had to wake up early.

"Okay, but let's make it fast," Key sighed ignoring Jonghyun's confused glance.

"Okay," Key noticed, that Jonghyun seemed a bit hurt, but he didn't understand why. It wasn't like, they were in any kind of relationship other than tutor and student.

'Or maybe we're starting to become friends?' pondered by himself, as he eyed Jonghyun. Jonghyun's brown hair covered his eyes, as he sat and played with the desert, which just had been deserved.

It was ice cream once again, Key noticed, as he made a mental memo about remembering, that Jonghyun really liked ice cream.

"You like ice cream, right?" Jonghyun broke the silence between the two of them sending Key a cute smile. A smile there would melt any girls heart.

"Yeah I do," Key replied, as he looked baffled at Jonghyun. Did he order ice cream, because of him and not because he wanted it himself?

"Key, I—," Jonghyun's words were cut off, as Key's ringtone played louder and louder from his pocket. Key quickly took a glance at the called ID and sent Jonghyun an apologetic smile.

"Is it alright?" Jonghyun sent an agreeing nod, as Key referred to picking up the call.

 "What's up?" Key's face lit up at his friends voice could be heard from the other end.

"I just wanted to hear, if you were up for dance practice tonight?" Woohyun's asked all hyper. He loved to dance, and he and Key always had a blast together, when they trained.

"I can't..." Key trailed off, as he glanced at Jonghyun, who slowly raised an eyebrow at him, "I have another appointment."

Not that Key minded being together with Jonghyun - far from it. He had had a great time, but since Woohyun's was one of his best friends he hated, when he didn't have time for him.

Sending Jonghyun an apologetic smile, Woohyun spoke on the other end: "Then how about tomorrow?"

"Can't," Key shook his head, as if Woohyun could see it, "I skipped today."

"Oh." Woohyun seemed to think a bit, before he continued speaking, "What excuse did you use?"

"My grandma," Key flinched a bit, as he told Woohyun the undeniable fact. He really hated, that he didn't use another excuse.

Key glanced quickly at Jonghyun, who tried his best to understand the conversation going on in front of him, but he couldn't, since Key and Woohyun understood each other too well. They didn't have to finish a sentence, before the other already knew, what the other was saying.

"I see," Woohyun sounded understanding, "Key, it's alright."

"Thank you," Key mumbled a bit moved. Key had had hurt his grandma in the past, so he really  tried not to make the same mistakes again.

"How about Sunday?" Woohyun asked happily knowing it was time to change the topic.

"Sunday it is," Key agreed with a smirk, as they said their goodbyes, so Key could carry on with his fancy dinner with Jonghyun.

"What was that all about?" Jonghyun asked a bit curious, as he had been eavesdropping, but he didn't hide it.

"It was just Woohyun," Key shrugged, as if it was normal, that his friend called now and then.

"Who is Woohyun?" Jonghyun got a bit more nosy, as he tried to understand what the whole conversation was about. At least he had understood, that Key had had to skip out on something to be with him right now.

"My friend," Key raised his eyebrow a bit annoyed about all the questions, as he didn't quite understand, why it mattered so much to Jonghyun.

"Then what did you skip out on today?" Persistently Jonghyun preserved on making Key even more annoyed.

"Does it really matter? I'm here, aren't I?" Sighing loudly he took a bite of his now half melted strawberry ice cream, which had looked so delicious, before they had started this conversation.

Jonghyun mumbled an almost inaudible sorry, as he also started finding his ice cream overly interesting.

There was a tense atmosphere around them, as no one spoke for what seemed like decades. The only sound there could be heart was the sound of their spoons touching the plate.

Key was the first one to break the silence: "What was the song you played before?"

Surprised Jonghyun looked up from his plate, and a playful smirk played over his lips.

"I composed it," He told Key proudly.

"Really? It was really good," Key complimented once again. It seemed like, it was the perfect icebreaker he had chosen.

"Thank you," Jonghyun grinned, as he decided to change the topic a bit, "you dance, right?"

"Yeah," Key nodded, "I love to dance."

"So what dance are you best at?" Jonghyun asked curiously, he sounded sincerely about his question, so Key didn't mind answering him.

"Well, I like all kind of dances, but I'm especially good at copying girl dances," Key said proudly.

"You're not even shy about it?" Jonghyun asked in awe, as he imagined how shy he would be, if he was asked to cover a girl dance.

"No, why should I be?" Raising an eyebrow Key looked confused at Jonghyun, "it's something I'm good at!"

"Ah," Jonghyun said, as he understood the meaning behind Key's words, but he soon grinned at Key instead, "you have to dance for me someday!"

"Why?" Key frowned at Jonghyun, as he didn't understand, why a boy who were interested in music, wanted to see him dance.

"Just because," Jonghyun shrugged, as he pouted a bit sending Key a pair of pleading eyes.

"Okay, later on then," Key promised, as the evening was coming to an end. 

 

Written by MapiHyperMonkey