Equation 23

Less Than Three

Equation23

 

Jonghyun's P.O.V

 

To wake up with Key in his arms and seeing his beautiful face so close to his own as the first thing in the morning, was a thing Jonghyun easily could learn to live with – and love for that matter.

He smiled as memories from yesterday wandered into his mind.

They had gone shopping together at Time Square mall, and even though Jonghyun had been a little bit skeptics after the first two hours of being dragged around with as some kind of pack mule, Key had actually ended up holding his hand.

The boy had even kissed him, when he was defending him from some brats – it was only on the cheek but Jonghyun keenly counted it as a kiss.

But now that Jonghyun thought about it, he had never mentioned anything about being gay in front of Key, so why had he seemed so upset?

Was it just something Key had assured? Why would he do that? Jonghyun had only just realized that he was gay himself, when he had figured that he had a crush on the younger boy – there was no way he could know.

Without as much as a second thought he caressed the sleeping boy’s face, causing him to shiver in his dreams.

When they had arrived home, they had watched a horror movie, and Key had been extremely cuddling towards him. He had loved every single second of it, of course, but once their faces had gotten so close that Jonghyun almost thought, that Key was leaning in to kiss him.

But it was impossible – wasn’t it? – Why would Key ever try to kiss him for real?

Without thinking he then trailed his fingers from the face down to the exposed arm, enjoying the soft skin under his fingers and smiling when it once again made Key shiver.

The younger boy suddenly shifted in the bed facing Jonghyun, before a sleepy voice left his mouth: “Stop it Jonghyun – it tickles.”

“Are—are you awake?” Jonghyun asked, just a little bit taken aback.

Key groaned sarcastic. “No you idiot, I’m talking in my sleep.”

“Really now,” Jonghyun stated with a smug grin growing onto his face, before he started to tickle him. “I better wake you up then.”

Key squirmed beneath him as he tried to tell him to stop, but the only thing leaving his mouth was his laughter, as Jonghyun continued to tickle him. First few minutes later when the older boy actually stopped, both of them realized which awkward position they were in.

Jonghyun was in fact hover on top of Key. Their legs were tangled together in a mess and once again – since yesterday – were their faces only inches away from each others.

Both of them were breathing heavenly from their trashing around just a moment ago.

“Jonghyun,” Key breathed out, sounding way too sensually, as he trailed his hand up and down Jonghyun’s shoulder. The latter swallowed. For the second time that weekend, he was sure that his crush’s face inched closer to his own.

He shook his head and forced himself to jerk away, standing up; he quickly grabbed some clothes before telling: “I will go and take a bath.”

“What are you doing?” Jonghyun questioned, as he was met with a smirk, when he had returned from a long nice shower.

Key straightened out and placed his phone on the bed before standing up and leaving for his suitcase. “I was just having a nice time listening to your voice when you were in the shower, singing.”

Jonghyun felt his mouth drop a bit, as he realized what Key was talking about. He often sings in the showers, but sometimes he is so engrossed in the text, that he does it without even noticing it.

“It sounded amazing to be honest, but I had a hard time figuring out which song you were singing,” Key announced very sincerely, as he started to pick out some clothes for today.

Jonghyun just smiled by that comment. “It was a song called Love’s Way, I have composed it myself – no wonder you couldn’t figure out.”

“Wow, it’s really good,” Key said surprised. “It reminds me that we have to study for your math test.”

Jonghyun had no change to reply the younger before he disappeared into the bathroom, to take a bath as well. Wandering a little bit around in his own bedroom, he felt frustration built up inside him.

He somehow had to tell Key that he liked him before returning to their dorm where Onew would be.

His eyes suddenly went to the bag he had tagged along when they had left. Sighing, he went over to it and pulled his math book, as well as some familiar pink notes out of it, placing both things onto his bed.

Grabbing a pen in his bag as well, he quickly wrote something down on the note paper before leaving his room – afraid of Key’s response once he would be finished in the bathroom.

Jonghyun eventually went down in the kitchen and started to look through the fridge for something edible, for later, right now he couldn’t eat, even if he wanted to.

As 15 minutes had left he decided to return to his room again.

Key would be done showering by now, right? Key would have seen the note by now, right?

He had never been so nervous to enter his own room before. Opening the door he stepped inside, eyeing the bed as the first thing.

Both the math book and the note were untouched and he felt a bit disappointed. What now? Should he just drop it? Should he just remove the note again and then pretend that it never had happened?

Going over to the bed, he picked up the note and almost curled it together – a voice behind him prevented him, however. “I want you to be a constant – what kind of bull is this, Jonghyun?”

Jonghyun turned around, surprised to see Key standing behind him, just reading the note aloud without even looking at it – or had he?

“Why don’t you just tell me what you feel instead of, Jonghyun?”

He swallowed – Why did everything seem so much more serious, when Key added his name in the end, of every sentence?

He had to do this – now.

“I don’t tell you to accept my feeling, but I just want you to know that I like you – a lot,” he blurted out quickly, not to hesitate. 

 

Written by Legende