Equation 19

Less Than Three

Equation19

 

Jonghyun's P.O.V

 

“Who keeps giving me those notes?”

Jonghyun watched in horror, as Key suddenly stomped into the living room and threw a familiar pink note onto the dining table.

What scared him the most however, was how angered Key seemed to be.

Eying the note, it felt like his heart just had been ripped out of his chest and exposed for the whole world to see. Why had it never occurred to him that Key would try to confront people to find out who was sending him the notes? God, what had he been thinking of? – That Key would find them and then hide them at some special place, without wondering where they would be coming from?

Stupid Jonghyun – just stupid.

What is this?” Onew questioned interested, and Jonghyun was sure that he had forgotten all about how to breathe, by the time the elder reached out for it and boldly started to read aloud: “Math is like love. A simple Idea. But it can get complicated.”

“Oh my, Key hyung – you have a secret admire,” Taemin stated as he forced the note out of Onew’s hands to get a look at it as well. “How cute!”

“Cute?” Key scoffed and almost rolled his eyes at his comment. “I’m sorry to say this, but I don’t find it particular cute – rather creepy.”

Jonghyun felt something sting in his body, but he tried to ignore it as he gradually turned his head, when he felt Onew sending him a known look. They had almost known each other for 8 years already and it was impossible for them to keep a secret between them.

“What is creepy about it?” Minho asked, which made Jonghyun turn his head around in wonder to look at him. “Someone obviously care for you, and they want to let you know without revealing themselves in the progress.”

Oh, Minho – he knew him so well.  

“Well, then you say it like that it’s different of course,” Key stated.

“In which way is it different?” Onew asked with a questioning look on his face, as he looked at Key.

“I just don’t like thinking that someone is entering my room without my permission to give me some silly love notes,” Key sighed out loud before continuing: “Besides, who knows? It might as well be some stupid prank that someone is trying to pull on me—”

He was cut off by a loud thump.

“Give me that damn thing,” Jonghyun suddenly hissed, sounding way more annoyed than he really had attended to, when he without any warning had stood up and snatched the pink piece of notepaper from Taemin.

The living room went silence and all four pair of eyes turned their attention to Jonghyun, who had knocked his chair over and now was standing, curling his hands into two small furious balls.

“Jong—Jonghyun?” Key stammered surprised, as he looked at him with big round eyes. “Was—was it you?”

Hell yes it was him. Of course it was. Who else would send him love notes based on math? Jonghyun felt his fist tighten around the fragile note, as he turned to look at the younger feline boy.

“Hell no if it was me, why would I ever send you anything as ridiculous as pink love notes?” His voice was harsh and b with aggravation, but right now could he care less.

Jonghyun felt someone pull the note out of his death grip. Turning his head he noticed it was Onew, who meanwhile was looking at him with a seriously face, before speaking up: “Don’t start blaming Jonghyun for something he never did.” 

He looked at Onew in surprise. It bothered him that he knew, that Onew was about to do something stupid for his sake.

“Onew hyung likes Key hyung?” Taemin asked perplexed and looked at Jonghyun, as if he was able to know the answer. Jonghyun just turned his head away from him, looking at Onew and Key who now was standing and looking at each other questioning.

“Are you serious? Was it you who send me these notes, hyung?” Key asked him in pure disbelieves.

Onew sighed and turned this gaze towards the floor. “I really don’t know what to say about it. You should seriously give people some needed time, instead of trying to force it out of them.”

With that, he turned around and left the living room, but not before sending Jonghyun a little caring smile, which told him not to worry.  Jonghyun looked at all the others for a second.

Taemin and Minho were the only ones still seated by the dining table. The food was turning cold, and Key was just standing there, with his look turned towards the floor, making his bangs cover his expression.

Jonghyun eventually sighed and left the uncomfortable silence of the living room as well.

“Hyung, what the heck do you think you was doing just now?” He asked as he burst into the bathroom where Onew was hiding. Closing and locking the door before the elder got to say anything revealing.

“Don’t ask any questions Jonghyun,” Onew answered and turned to look at him. “Just be glad that I saved your . The last thing any of us wanted was that you confessed to Key in your angered state. Nothing good would come out of that.”

“Hyung,” Jonghyun uttered, looking at him slightly taken aback. “T—Thank you.”

Onew just shook his head and smiled his usually smile. “No need for thanks, just hurry up and tell Key your true feelings, okay? I don’t want to interfere more than necessary.”

Jonghyun smiled and nodded determined.

“Did you just hear anything?” Jonghyun asked as he left the bathroom again and almost bumped into Key at the other side of the door.

Key looked at him with a frown. “H—Hear what? I didn’t hear anything, what was there to hear? Why do you ask such strange question?”

“Never mind,” Jonghyun stated and shook his head abnormal before disappearing into his room. Turning his head back before closing the door, he saw Key hesitate outside the door to the bathroom, before leaving as well.

Great, now Key was thinking that Onew liked him.

 

Written by Legende