Equation 33

Less Than Three

Equation33

 

Jonghyun's P.O.V

 

Jonghyun was more than just a bit desperate to get to Key, as soon as he at last got to leave the class room. Though the exam itself was over, he was still anxious about the outcome and he had a bad feeling about it. All he needed right now, was someone to calm him down and assure him that everything would be just fine – and that someone had to be Key.

Fishing his phone out of his pocket he dialed Key’s number and made his way across the campus, for the second time that day. He hoped that Key had chosen to stay home at the dorm and wait for him to come back.

The number you have dialed, is temporary not available. Please try again later,” Jonghyun pouted after hearing the electronic voice message, but he still tried to call him once again.

The number you have dialed is—Thank you—temporary....” Jonghyun let his eyes wander over to two people who were standing and hugging, when a familiar high pitched voice reached his ears and made him forget about the continuing voice message.

Looking at the person who had his back turned towards him, Jonghyun figured that the blond unique hairstyle only could belong to one person, causing him to question it out loud just to make sure: “Key?”

Seeming a bit surprised, the blond boy pushed the other person aside and turned around to face him – confirming that it sure enough was Key.

Still standing with his phone pressed up against his ears, Jonghyun gawked at Key and Woohyun, not being able to hide his disappointed look, as he saw the two of them having their hands entangled with each other.

This was what Key had used his time on, while he had been to his life most important test?

Key eventually dropped Woohyun’s hand and took a step towards him, but Jonghyun ended up taking a step back, avoiding the other younger guy and his bewildered gaze.

He had no idea why he did that however – since all he wanted right now was to have Key in his arms.

“Jonghyun?”

The said boy faked a lame smile before looking up at Key again and shaking his head dismissing. “It is okay Key – I will just see you at home.”

Not giving the younger boy a chance to answer, Jonghyun put his phone into his pocket and darted away.

“Oh Jonghyun, how did the exam go?” Ignoring the asked question to the fullest, Jonghyun entered the dorm and threw his bag onto the floor, before tossing himself onto the couch in a sulking manner – leaving a shocked hyung behind him.

“Okay,” Onew stated with a long sigh and closed the door, turning around to face Jonghyun on the couch – had he even noticed Taemin sitting beside him playing video game? “Is everything okay here Jonghyun? You seem a bit... troubled?”

“Yes.”

“Yes everything is okay, or yes, you are troubled?” Onew frowned.

“Whatever hyung.”

“Jonghyun hyung, do you want to play?” Taemin then asked and turned towards him with a big smile. “Minho had to go to class, so I don’t have anyone to play with right now.”

“No.”

Jonghyun turned his head and looked towards the front door, ignoring Taemin and Onew sending each other questioning looks, he just hoped that Key was going to show up anytime soon, so they could get to talk.

It was found out that it wasn’t the case.

“Jonghyun, can we talk for a moment?” Jonghyun snapped his head towards Onew, by the mention of his name. He had no idea how long time he had been waiting for Key already, but he guessed an hour or two eventually had passed by now.

Sighing, Jonghyun stood up and joined the elder by the dining table. “What is it now?”

“I was just wondering, have anything happened between you and Key?” Onew asked and looked him straight in the eyes. “You have been here for hours already and have just been sitting in the couch, glancing at nothing special.”

“Well,” Jonghyun mumbled and directed his eyes downwards, noticing a familiar white phone lying on the table in front of him – that explained why Key hadn’t picked it up earlier, when he had tried to reach him.

“You know you can tell me,” Onew stated nonchalant – and Jonghyun knew he was right. Onew was his best friend after all (and his only one).

“You will think I’m an idiot however,” Jonghyun told him and looked back at him to see his reaction.

“Just tell me instead of hissing at everything me and Taemin says to you!” Onew himself hissed – surprising Jonghyun a lot. It had to be really serious, when the older had to raise his voice at him.

“O—Okay. I finished my exam and I really wanted to see Key, you know, I tried to call him, but then I saw him together with Woohyun and they were holding hands and hugging each other—” Jonghyun stated but was soon cut off by Onew.

“Wow relax, remember to breath. So they were holding hands and hugging and it annoys you?” Onew asked.

“Of course! I was having a really hard time, all I needed was my boyfriend and then I see him together with another boy,” Jonghyun whined as nobody understood him.

“But it is just Woohyun, hyung!” Taemin bugs in over from the couch. “They have always been acting like that. Besides, it was me and Minho’s suggestion that Key should go and see Woohyun – he was walking back and forth in front of the television and it was really disturbing.”

Jonghyun looks at Taemin for some few seconds, without any actual reason – why had Key been walking back and forth? Had he been worried about him? What else could be the reason?

“Jonghyun, listen. I know that I’m your only friend—”

“Thank you for stating the obvious out aloud hyung; it doesn’t make me sounds like a total loser.”

“—but,” Onew continues, ignoring Jonghyun’s note. “You have to understand that reality isn’t like that – you can bind yourself to one person for the rest of your life and then expect not to have any contact, with any other people.”

“That sounds nice though,” Jonghyun comments and stands up, being the stupid guy he is, he don’t want to listen to the rest of Onew’s lecture. He takes Key’s phone and returns to the couch again.

He intended to remain seated there, until Key returned back. He just hadn’t expected that Key wouldn’t return until late evening and he eventually ends up falling asleep there.

When he woke up, someone had been so kind to drag a blanket over him. Caressing his eyes, he looked around the room, until he noticed Key standing at the front door, looking at him thoughtfully.

 

Written by Legende