Equation 21

Less Than Three

Equation21

 

Jonghyun's P.O.V

 

What had he gotten himself into?

At one hand was Jonghyun looking forward to the weekend at his house together with Key. At the other hand was he anxious as hell – especially after the awkward encounter in the living room, the other day.

He had actually declined, when his mother had called him and told him to come home for the weekend, but in the last end she persuaded him to come anyways.

When he had told her that he planned to study for an upcoming math test, which dad had demanded him to pass, she had told him that he could study at home as well.

When he had told her that he planned to study together with a friend, she had told him that his so-called friend just could go with him home. Then she told him that his sister was going to be home and that his dad eventually wouldn’t be home before Sunday.

In the last end he told her that he just had to ask his friend about it and then he would call her back.

“Are you ready yet?” Jonghyun asked, as he was standing in the doorway to Key’s room.

“Not yet but almost. Just give me some minutes to pack this,” he answered as he threw a pair of jeans into his suitcase, which was located in his bed and overloaded with a bunch of clothes, shoes, accessories and so on.

“You do know that we only are going to be gone for a weekend, right?” Jonghyun joked, when he saw all the stuff that he already had packed.

“Of course I know,” Key answered dryly – way more composed than he actually had expected from him. “I just don’t want to stand at your house and then realize that I have forgotten something really important all of a sudden.”

Jonghyun crooked an eyebrow by his answer, but he couldn’t help smile though.

He was too cute for his own good, wasn’t he? – Just a shame that Jonghyun had no idea about, if he ever would be able to show any kind of interest in another guy.

“Instead of looking like a creep, would you mind helping me to zip this?”

Jonghyun blinked a couple of times as he snapped out of his daydream.

The two boys had just left the dorm a little half hour ago: Jonghyun with his simple back bag and Key with his ridiculous big suitcase.

Now they were both standing in the metro, pressed against each other, due to all the other people who had gathered in the small wagon. Key had a frown onto his face as he constantly fought about space for his suitcase – and constantly complained to Jonghyun about it.

“I seriously thought that we were going to drive.”

Jonghyun scratched his neck and bites down his lower lip to hide the grin, which without doubt was treating to creep onto his face once again.

On the way to the metro station, Key had abruptly stopped up with a confused expression, asking him where they were heading. When Jonghyun had told him that they were going to the metro station, Key had almost killed him.

“What made you think that I would have a car?” Jonghyun asked humored and pressed Key further into his chest, as a woman tried to pass them. He enjoyed riding the metro together with Key – and getting a bit close in the meanwhile.

“You just seem like a person who could afford a car.”

Jonghyun found himself laughing out loud by that statement, getting some strange looks from nearby passengers, which he kindly returned with an apologizing smile.

“And do you maybe have a car yourself?” Jonghyun questioned.

“No off course not, I can’t afford—” Key cut himself off as he realized what he was standing and saying. Instead of continuing he sighed defeated and hid his head into Jonghyun’s chest.

Jonghyun felt a strange urge to comfort the younger boy as he seemed embarrassed by the fact. Carelessly he tapped Key on the head, his fingers through the soft hair.

“So what if you can’t afford a car?” Jonghyun asked.

Both of them had just left the metro and were not strolling down the street in a big fancy neighborhood near the Han River – Jonghyun with Key’s suitcase in his hands.

It had almost been impossible for them to talk in the metro, which had caused Jonghyun to save all his questions for now.

“You don’t get it.”

“No I don’t get it, which is the reason why I’m asking.”

“Try to attend a school where everyone is believed to have their pockets full with money. They don’t have to work, and can focus on their studies.” Key started out and Jonghyun nodded. “Then there is someone like me, who have to work hard every day, just to afford the school fees.”

“You might be working hard, but that also makes you so much more worth, than they ever will be,” Jonghyun explained. “While they have parents to pay for their school entrées, you have been working hard to get into the school you wanted to attend.”

“Did your parents also pay for your school entrée?” Key then asked him.

“No. My father told me, that if I wanted to study the music program, then it was my own problem. It was fine enough with me – but I don’t think that he actually had expected me to take matters into own hands.” Jonghyun told with a shrug as he stopped in front of a white mansion.

“Is it here?” Key asked surprised and turned away from the mansion, to send him a look. Jonghyun just smiled and nodded, before leading him inside the gates and to the front door.

“Jonghyun honey, finally are you here,” Jonghyun barely got to touch the doorbell before the door was opened by his mother on the other side, who instantly attacked him with hugs and kisses.

His mother luckily let go of him as she noticed the boy behind him. A smile tugged onto her lips as she friendly greeted him.

Promising Key to show him around the house later, he quickly pulled him upstairs and into his bedroom, as his mother suddenly started to talk about something really strange, containing the word boyfriend.

His mother got the craziest ideas sometimes.

They quickly greeted his sister, Songdam with a short hello, as they passed her on the hallway.

His room was simple. A big window was covering the white wall on the opposite side of the room. A king-sized bed was located at the right wall with a black chair besides it, and opposite the bed there was a big closet, filled with most likely nothing.

“I haven’t spent so much time in here, so I only have the most necessary,” Jonghyun stated as Key started to look around his room.

“I see that,” Key confirmed with a nod.

Jonghyun placed the suitcase onto the floor and thoughtfully went over to his closet, letting a sigh out as he opened it and saw how empty it was.

“Well, what do you think about shopping, Key?”   

 

Written by Legende