Equation 2

Less Than Three

Equation2

 

Keys P.O.V

 

'So this is the place, I'll be staying for the next year?' Key had thought to himself, as he had dropped his bags in the entrance, looking around the big spacious living room in front of him.

He seemed to be the first one to have arrived, as he saw no shoes in the entrance, and it all seemed so quiet at first.

Slowly Key took the first step into his new dorm, where he would spend the next year of his life together with four other guys, he had yet to meet, he just hoped, they wouldn't be as messy as his past roommates.

Walking around the dorm Key got himself a quick overview of the place. There was a living room with a kitchen connected to it only divided with a table coming out from the wall, so it seemed like a separate room.

There were five rooms in total - one to each one of them, which was all connected to the living room. Luckily none of them had to share. And at last they had one shared bathroom.

Key quickly settled with one of the two rooms in front of the bathroom with the thought in mind, that it would be easier to access the toilet in the mornings.

It wasn't the largest room neither was it the smallest. As always there was already a bed, a table, a closet and some shelves inside the room, but since no one lived there yet, it looked like a hospital room with the white painted walls.

Getting his bags from the entrance, where he had left them earlier, he decided to start unpacking.

As Key was about to put some of his schoolbooks on the shelves over his table, he heard some noise from the entrance. As the noise grew, he figured it was voices, which were growing louder, as they came closer.

Deciding to go greet his new roommates, he left his unpacking and went into the living room, where there stood three guys already looking around the dorm.

"Kibum-ah!" The tall boy in the middle exclaimed, as he walked the few steps between them to greet Key properly.

"How you been Minho-ah?" Key laughed, as it had been a long time, since anyone had called him by his real name. Everyone on campus knew him under his nickname 'Key'.

The two of them had attended high school together, and had later gotten accepted into the same college, where they were in two different departments, but they met up frequently.

After Minho and Key had greeted each other, they went over to the other two, who had been watching them, as the two of them had exchanged words.

"This is Taemin," Minho introduced a younger looking boy, who seemed to be a bit confused about, what was going on around him, "he's a freshman in the dance department."

"Really?" Key asked, as he looked at Taemin with a soft smile to make the younger boy more at ease, "I'm also in the dance department! It's very nice to meet you!"

The two of them shook hands, before the three of them turned around to look at the last person, who had arrived.

"I'm Lee Jinki," The boy introduced himself formally, before he went on, "but everyone calls me Onew. I'm a senior in the music department."

They all greeted each other happily, as they went further into the dorm, so the three of them could decide on a room each.

Giving the three of them some space to settle, Key decided to go finish unpacking, as he left them alone, but he didn't had much left to do. All of his clothe had already found its place in the closet, and he had almost been finished with unpacking his books, when the three of them had arrived.

As he finished unpacking, he decided to go ask his roommates, if they needed any help - it was also a good start to get to know them.

Key entered Taemin’s room just in time to see the younger boy turn his bag upside down and empty it in one of the drawers in the closet.

"What do you think, you're doing?" Key blurted out, as he looked at the boy in utter disbelief, "how can you treat your stuff like that?"

Taemin looked a bit confused at first, but then he just shrugged. "It's only clothes."

Pushing Taemin aside, Key started folding the clothes nicely and putting some of it on hangers.

"You need to treat your clothes nicely!" Key nagged Taemin, as Minho walked past the open door.

"Don't worry," Minho laughed at Taemin, who looked lost at Key’s behavior, "Key's just like a mom. He loves to nag, and he really can't stand anything messy."

"Yah Minho!" Key glared in Minho’s direction, as he folded another piece of clothing, "be careful I don't come and check your room!"

Knowing that Minho could be a messy head at some points, Key didn't need to say anymore, as Minho quickly disappeared from the door opening.

Key finished folding all of Taemin’s clothes, and the younger boy thanked him, as he was afraid, he would get in trouble otherwise.

"Don't worry," messing up Taemin’s hair with his hand, Key laughed, "I'm not mad."

"Oh... okay," Taemin sighed a sigh of relief, as he flashed Key a smile just as Onew walked past the door with a huge box.

"DON'T YOU DARE PUT THAT IN THE HALLWAY!" Key yelled after him, as he left the room, but he only got laughter in responds from Onew.

"It's Jonghyun's," he was told by Onew, as he questioned, why he was putting a box in the last room, which belonged to the last person, who would get there later, "he asked me to go get his stuff."

Nodding Key left Onew alone, as he decided to go check, if they had any food in the refrigerator, as he was feeling a bit hungry after all the unpacking.

He soon enough realized, that no one had had the time to go grocery shopping, as they all just had gotten there, after a quick glance inside the refrigerator.

Telling the others that he was going shopping for groceries, he left the dorm.

Key decided only to buy the most necessary things, as he went around the supermarket - mostly because he had no idea about, what the others ate.

Even though he only needed the necessary, Key ended up with two full bags, as he started his walk back to the dorm.

The stairs was killing him, as he carried the two heavy bags in each hand.

'They better have cleaned, when I get back,"Key thought annoyed to himself, since he hated, when he used a lot of his time to help others, but didn't get anything in return. It was only fair that way.

As Key stood in front of the door to the dorm, he sighed as he pushed the door open, so he could enter.

The first thing he noticed, as he sat the bags in front of him in the hallway, was a pair of shoes lying messily in front of him.

“WHO HAVE THROWN THEIR SHOES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DOORWAY?” Key half yelled, half nagged as he stood there annoyed at the fact, that they couldn't clean up after themselves.

"Not me," Taemin yelled innocently from the living room followed by Minho’s: "Nor me!"

Key made eyes of the two of them, even though they couldn't see it. He never asked, who didn't do it.

"It was me," a boy, who seemed to be around his own age, said as he walked into the entrance followed by Onew.

The boy seemed to be pretty short, as he stood there beside Onew, but he looked rather confident, as he confronted Key.

"Clean up after yourself will you?" Key tried to ask nicely, but it sounded rather rude, but it wasn't meant to.

"I will," The boy smiled, as he sent Key a perfect smile, as he introduced himself, "I'm Jonghyun."

Key looked at Jonghyun skeptically, as he didn't look like a person, who would just agree like that right away. What did he want?

Shaking of his thoughts Key returned Jonghyun’s bow, as he also introduced himself.

"I'm Kim Kibum," he said formally, "but everyone calls me Key."

 

Written by MapiHyperMonkey