Equation 29

Less Than Three

Equation29

 

Jonghyun's P.O.V

 

“What were you and your mother talking about earlier, by the way?” Key questioned in a low voice, obvious curious, but not seeming to know if it even was okay to ask about it in the first place.

Maybe that was the reason why, he was finding Jonghyun’s fingers so interesting in the meantime.

Both boys were curled up in the corner of the bed that evening – The elder was sitting against the headboard with Key leaning against his chest. His arms were firmly embracing the younger boy’s petite waist.

“It was nothing,” Jonghyun assured, trailing off, before adding: “She just wanted to know if we still would be here for dinner tomorrow – when my dad returns from his business trip – I guess she got kind of annoyed, when I told her no.”

“Oh,” Key stated, as he shifted a bit in his arms.

“Yeah – We will probably have to stay for dinner now though – you know how mothers can be,” Jonghyun uttered with a muffled sigh. Which he was sure Key could feel against his back.

“Yeah, I guess I do,” Key muttered and looked towards the television in front of them, although it already had been turned off a long time ago.

They had been watching a cheesy romantic movie, chosen by Key, and to be honest Jonghyun had mildly found it quite boring, which also was the reason why his boyfriend’s collarbone now was covered by several blue and purple hickeys – he had to find something to busy himself with.

“What do you mean ‘you guess’?” Jonghyun questioned and crooked a curious eyebrow at him.

Now that Jonghyun thought about it, he had actually never heard Key talk about his parents. It had always been his grandmother he would talk about instead of his parents – it had also been his grandmother he had called, when he had to ask for permission to go to his house.

Oh god – had he said something wrong now, he wondered.

Key tightened his grip around his fingers in an assuring manner. “My parents have been busy, working hard to get the economy running. They didn’t have much time to me, so I pretty much grew up with my grandmother taking care of me – it is nothing.”

“Oh,” this time it was Jonghyun’s turn to be dumbfounded and lost for words, as he listened to Key.

Key turned his head and looked him into the eyes, quickly pecking him on the lips before going on: “It is okay, really. My grandmother is a really nice and lovely woman.”

Jonghyun smiled by these words. “I would love to meet the woman who has raised my sweet Kibummie to this perfection.”

His words were really cheesy, just like the movie they had watched earlier. The only thing that needed was a fishy pout, and that Jonghyun had pinched his cheeks while speaking. 

“You are such an idiot, Jonghyun,” Key stated, but the big grin and the increasing red color on his face, was making his lies obvious. “But if you really want to meet her that much, I guess we can go and visit her once, if you really want to of course.”

“I would love to!” Jonghyun exclaimed happily.

That night it wasn’t even a question where Key was going to sleep – the mattress on the floor was long forgotten, as the two boys went to sleep, cuddling close to each other on the otherwise big king-sized bed.

Though it had been a bit awkward then Jonghyun had taken his shirt off, reminding Key that he usually slept topless because of the heat. But if you asked Key he was sure, that the older boy hadn’t been complaining about the heat, the other night.

The first thing Jonghyun was met with when he opened his eyes the next morning, was Key lying on his side, resting his head in his hand, that was supported by the elbow, he securely had planted in the mattress, while he looked at him with fascination.

“Good morning,” he groaned and turned slightly to face him.

Key grew a smile. “Good morning? More like good afternoon; the clock has almost turned 1 pm already.”

Jonghyun felt his eyes widened by Key’s statement and sat up quickly, searching for the nearest watch. “Holy , are you kidding me, already? Why didn’t you wake me up Key?”

His boyfriend just shrugged and smiled humorous as he sat up as well. “Do you know that you sleep with your eyes half opened? It was looking so cute – I couldn’t bring myself to wake you up.”

Jonghyun pouted, as Key started to laugh at him. “I don’t see the big problem. You usually ripped the blanket off of me, back in the dorm, when you had to wake me up. What is the different now, huh?”

“Well, the different is that I had a lot of other stuff to do, other than getting your annoying out—” Key stopped talking, as Jonghyun literally had pushed him down and crawled on top on him.

He made an attempt to kiss him on the lips, but Key eventually just turned his head away, retorting: “No, morning breath.”

Jonghyun pouted at him and kissed him anyways. “I believe you mean afternoon breath?”

Luckily for Jonghyun, his bedroom door fly opened with a loud bang, before Key got any chance to react. Jonghyun hurried to detach from Key and turned to look at his sister, who now was standing in the doorway with a perplexed look on her face – probably wishing she hadn’t entered and seen his brother being in such a position with another boy.

Shaking her head she told what she had come for: “Jonghyun, mom wants you to come downstairs and help her with the dinner preparations.”

Jonghyun scratched his neck just as taken aback. “O—Okay – just give me some minutes and I guess I will be down.”

“Great, I will tell mom,” she stated and was just about to leave, when she suddenly smirked and touched her own collarbone as demonstration: “Oh and Key, just so you know, then you have something right here.”

Then she left, shutting the door behind her and before Jonghyun could register what happened, Key had slapped him on his thigh – hard.   

The rest of the day, went with Jonghyun helping in the kitchen, and Key whining about the many noticeable hickeys, which had been left on him, and he was complaining about, how he now was supposed to meet his parents, looking ‘like this’ – he eventually ended up covering it with tons of make-up, which actually had been his plan from the beginning, but Jonghyun deserved to listen to his whining.

Jonghyun eyed his dad in front of them and then his boyfriend by his side, as they all now were gathered around the dining table. He wasn’t sure what he had been expecting, when they had greeted at each other for half an hour ago – what had there been to expect anyway?

“So Kibum it was, huh?” His dad suddenly spoke up and looked directly at Key.

“That’s correct,” Key answered nonchalant and stopped eating, while talking to his father. Jonghyun wasn’t sure if Key actually was as calm as he appeared to be or if he just was good at hiding it, because he didn’t seem anywhere near nervous when speaking.

 “And you are tutoring my son?” He asked and gestured towards Jonghyun now.     

“Correct,” Key answered with a small nod.

His dad suddenly started to smile. “Well if that is the case, you have been doing a great job until now. I have to admit that. I would have thought that Jonghyun would have been moved department a long time ago – what is your secret?”

“We’re dating,” Jonghyun suddenly blurted. Startling both him and the rest of the table – he hadn’t planned to say it out loud, but it just happened as he automatically thought about an answer to the asked question.

Both Key, his sister and his parents was looking at him – surprise written all over their faces.

“I told you so!” Songdam suddenly squealed and jumped in her chair as she did so.

Jonghyun didn’t know how to react himself. They had only been dating for one day; they hadn’t been talking this out at all – was it supposed to be kept a secret or was he allowed to tell people about it?

“Is it true?” His mother suddenly spoke and it was almost impossible to read her reaction. She just seemed startled. Was that good or bad?

“Yes. It is true,” Key answered just as sudden, looking at Jonghyun and taking his hand into his. “I really like your son a lot. I hope it is okay.”

Both his parents turned their looks towards each other thoughtfully, as it they were communicating with each other with their eyes. His dad then turned his head again and looked at both of them. “Well, it is a little bit sudden, but I don’t see that there should be a problem in it.”

Jonghyun felt how his mouth drop and Key tightened his grip further, but else it was as if the time just had stopped. Was his controlling dad, really sitting there in front of him, telling him that it was okay to like another boy?

Well, if he really was, then he wasn’t the one to complain.

The rest of the dinner went perfectly fine – it was as if nothing just had happened. Though, it was a bit embarrassing when his mother and sister suddenly started to tell Key about his childhood and strange habits from that time.

His mother even showed Key baby pictures – and what did Key do? – He laughed his out that is what he did!

They were both exhausted when they finally arrived home to the dorm, late that evening. They were holding hands, almost swinging them back and forth, as they entered the dorm, almost expecting that everyone had gotten to bed already, since there was school tomorrow.

Onew, however, was sitting in the sofa reading a book, instantly looking up as he entered – it was as if he only needed to take one look at their intertwined hands and then he smiled playfully, asking: “How did the studying going?”

 

Written by Legende