Equation 16

Less Than Three

Equation16

 

Key's P.O.V

 

Loud music was coming from the speakers, as Key and Woohyun danced one of their routines together.

"1 and 2 and 3 and 4," they counted together, as they tried to drown the music with their voices - failing miserably.

The song slowly came to an end, and as it was the end of the playlist silence filled the room, and only their heavy breathing could be heard.

"It's getting late," Key mumbled, as he glanced over at the clock on the wall. It was around 10 pm, and Key was starting to feel a bit tired, as they had been dancing all day.

"Mm," Woohyun said, as he was drinking from his water bottle. Quickly he glanced over the clock too finally realizing, how late it was.

"Shall we head home?" Key asked his good friend, as he slowly started packing his stuff, which had been scattered all over the dance studio, they had been staying at all day.

"Yeah," Woohyun grinned, as he also packed his stuff together. They had had so much fun, that they actually had forgotten the time.

The two of them walked the most of the way home together, but they had to say goodbye at some point, as they lived in two different dorms.

Key quickly found his way home, as he was getting really tired, but he really wanted a shower, before he went to sleep, as he smelled of sweat, and his hair kept getting stuck to his forehead.

Opening the door slowly so he wouldn't wake up the others, who probably should be asleep by then, he realized, that there were no reason to, as the others were still fully awake, as they were all gathered in the living room.

Minho and Taemin were still at their video game, and Key would swear, that the two of them soon would get square like eyes, if they didn't soon take a break.

However what caught his attention was Jonghyun and Onew, who was laying on the floor doing their homework. When Key had looked at Jonghyun, Jonghyun had avoided his glance quickly, as it had seemed like he blushed a bit.

Shaking the thought of Key just shrugged, as he passed them. "You know, it's not a good position to do your homework in." He scolded them on his way to the bathroom.

Without thinking about folding his clothes neatly, Key threw it on the floor and almost ran into the shower turning the heath up to the highest, as he sighed loudly letting the water wash away all his worries for the time being.

Just as he took the first step out of the shower, he heard the noise of the doorknob getting pushed down, and he watched in horror the door getting opened, as he remembered, that he had forgotten to lock the door.

"Key - I'm sorry, but can you help me with this math..." As Jonghyun removed his eyes from his math book and onto Key, he slowly realized that he stood in front of him.

Key watched Jonghyun skeptical, as his elder started to blush furiously giving him the elevator look. Feeling uncomfortable about the situation Key quickly grabbed a towel and placed it around his hips - but this didn't stop Jonghyun from staring at his abs, he had gotten from all the dancing.

"Can I help you?" Half frowning - raising an eyebrow, Key stared at Jonghyun, who flustered finally looked into Key's eyes.

"I'm so sorry - I mean - the door - I thought - it was open - oh god..." The rambling continued and Key tried to find head and tail in it all, but he couldn't so he gave up pushing Jonghyun out of the door.

"I'm sorry hyung," Key made sure to emphasize the word hyung, as he was getting fed up with Jonghyun after such a long day, "I'm really tired, so I just want to finish up in here and go to bed."

"I understand..." Seriously doubting Jonghyun was understanding anything at the moment, Key closed the door making sure he locked it this time, before he turned around and got dressed.

Putting his ear up against the bathroom door, Key tried to make sure, that Jonghyun wasn't roaming around outside waiting for him, before he opened the door and almost ran the whole way to his room just across from the bathroom.

"That was close," Key sighed, as he closed the door behind him throwing  his clothes on the floor once again being too tired to do anything about it. How was he going to survive school tomorrow?

A vibration could be heard from Key's pocket indicating, that he had received a text message. Taking his phone up from his pocket, and saw that it was an unknown number.

Curiously he opened the message to see, who it was from.

'I'm sorry - Kim Jonghyun'

"Where did he get my phone number?" Key pondered out loud, as he saved Jonghyun's number to his phone under the name 'Dino Hyung'.

Shrugging it off, he decided, that Jonghyun probably just had asked Minho. If he had asked, while Minho was playing, Minho probably would had agreed to anything just to get him to leave.

Sitting down at his table Key noticed pink note almost screaming to be read. Hesitantly he picked it up and read the line written on it.

“Mathematics may not teach us how to add love or how to minus hate. But it gives us every reason to hope that every problem has a solution.”

"What does that mean?" Key asked himself, as he examined the pink piece of paper for an answer - a line written somewhere telling him, it was a joke - a cute smiley indicating it was just to make him smile - anything, but he found nothing.

Resting his head against the cold surface of his table staring at the pink paper, he mumbled a bit to himself: "What is this?"

 

Written by MapihyperMonkey