Equation 3

Less Than Three

 

Equation3

 

Jonghyuns P.O.V

 

Jonghyun was amazed. When Onew had mentioned a boy from their dorm, whom might was able to help him with math, he hadn’t expected himself to be standing in front of a pretty boy, with blonde hair and elegant feline eyes. 

As they had greeted each other, Key started to empty the bags and Jonghyun decided that he might as well could help him, while he figured a nice way to ask the other to tutor him.

He felt that he had to be a bit careful with this boy, as he seemed to have a bit of temperament, and he didn’t wanted to anger the boy who possibly had to tutor him, did he now?

“So, how old are you Key?” Jonghyun took the initiative to ask as he started to put the few bottles of milk into the refrigerator.

As Jonghyun asked he turned his head to take a quick look at him, just to notice the glare Key send him before answering: “Twenty.”

“Twenty is a nice age,” Jonghyun answered dryly, in fact not knowing what to answer. “I am your hyung then.”

“It’s nice because you’re older than me?” Kibum questioned, without sparing him an extra look, as he was busy emptying the bags and placing them all on their now-to-be right places.

“What?” He questioned and closed the refrigerator, a little bit taken aback and a little bit confused. “No, why would that be nice?”

“I don’t know. Maybe you’re one of those people who love to be older than others, because they will have to be formal with you?” Kibum suggested with a shrug, and started to dry the kitchen counter off, as all bags was emptied.

Jonghyun smiled cheaply and leaned against the counter. “Well, you are welcome to call me hyung.”

“Of course I am,” Kibum stated, tongue in cheek, and started to bump into Jonghyun’s arms, which was pretty much in the way for the dishcloth. “Move your arms will you please, hyung?

“Sure I will,” he answered and straightened up, moving his arms from the counter in the meantime, so the younger was able to clean it.

Key sent him the same glare as just a moment ago. What was his problem?

By the time he was done with the counter, he put the piece of cloth down by the sink and made his way out of the kitchen, towards his room.

Jonghyun followed him thoughtfully – seriously, who was he going to ask this guy without getting his kicked?

“Um, is there anything else I can help you with?” Jonghyun asked and stopped in the doorway to other’s room.

He knew that he in fact wouldn’t be helping him, and most likely would be sitting with his head in his newly written lyrics and with his guitar on his lap by now, if it wasn’t because he desperately needed help with math.

Key turned around facing him, and crooked an eyebrow at him. “Okay that’s enough. What do you want from me, Jonghyun?”

Jonghyun opened his mouth to reply, and then closed it again thoughtfully, before finally answering – after some seconds of thinking: “What makes you think that I want something from you?”

“To be honest?” Key asked.

Jonghyun nodded and leaned against the doorframe as he waited for a reply.

Kibum shrugged shortly. “You just don’t seem like a person, who wants to help voluntarily. Now tell me what you want or get out of my room.”

“I’m not even in your room,” Jonghyun commented – not thinking at all.

Kibum crooked his eyebrow at him once again and crossed his arms over his chest as a warning, he guessed.

“Okay, okay! It’s just, I have heard that you’re good at math,” Jonghyun started out, and looked at Kibum’s face for any kind of reaction – he got nothing in return.

“And what is it to you if I am good or not?” Kibum questioned, not moving as much as an inch as he was speaking.

“Um,” Jonghyun hesitated by Kibum’s intent stare, and his eyes eventually went to look at something behind the latter. Ironically, it was a math book lying on the desk.

“Spit out,” Kibum commanded with a sigh.

“I am in a desperately need of a math tutor, and Onew suggested that I could ask you,” Jonghyun cough up and returned his eyes to Key’s face, feeling relived now that he finally got to say it.

“Oh, you could just have said that,” Key answered and moved his arms from the crossed position.

“Does that mean that you want to help me?” Jonghyun asked hopefully.

Key tapped his cheek thoughtfully before answering: “No.”

“What?! Why not?!” Jonghyun whined and almost—almost took himself in falling onto his knees and beg the younger boy to be his tutor. “Please tell me that you’re kidding me!”

“I am kidding you,” Kibum replied – sounding very serious in Jonghyun’s ears.

“Really?!” Jonghyun asked surprised, stupid, fooled, he should have known better than trusting that sharp voice of his.

“No of course not! I really don’t have time to tutor someone like you, with all my other plans I have to take care of. Now get out, I need a shower,” Kibum declared and almost slammed the door shut in the head of Jonghyun.

‘Damn, this isn’t going to be easy.

   

Written by Legende