Equation 4

Less Than Three

 

Equation4

 

Keys P.O.V

 

"No," Key sighed loudly obviously annoyed, "I'm not helping you."

"Why not?" Leaning against the kitchen counter Jonghyun whined once again, as he tried to convince Key to help him with his math. This had been going on for two days already.

Sending Jonghyun a quick glare Key continued making his own dinner.

"Pleeeeease?" Jonghyun begged, as he sent Key a pair of puppy eyes.

"What is it you don't get?" Key tried hard not to get really angry at Jonghyun, but he had no intention in hiding his frustration, "I don't have the time to help you, neither do I want to."

Putting his food on a plate, he walked pass Jonghyun and into his room. Jonghyun trailed Key to his door, where Key smacked it in his head.

A knocking on Key's door could be heard, as a whiny Jonghyun kept begging him.

Key sighed loudly, as he sat down at his table, before taking a bite of his food. He looked in frustration at his school schedule, before taking out some of his homework.

How could he help Jonghyun, when he was this busy himself?

Taking another bite of his food he typed some notes into his computer, while he turned another page in his book.

Key worked concentrated for about two hours, before he realized, that he hadn't cleaned up after dinner. He closed his computer, and stretched his back, before he stood up to go outside.

As he opened his door, the door to the bathroom in front of him opened at the same time. Out came a half Jonghyun wearing nothing but his pants showing of his abs.

Jonghyun looked just as surprised as Key, as he his fingers though his brown damp hair.

"No," Key said closing his door behind him still looking at Jonghyun.

"But I didn't..." Jonghyun said in defense even if they were both aware of the fact, what he had been about to ask.

Ignoring Jonghyun Key passed him on his way to the kitchen. He heard a loud sigh behind him, as Jonghyun went into his room.

"I won!" Minho yelled in victory, as Key passed  by him and Taemin in the living room playing video games on the consoler, they had connected to the television the other day.

Key rolled his eyes at them, as he remembered, how much of a bad winner Minho was, but as he did this, he was just about to trip over Onew, who was laying on the floor with books surrounding him.

"Hyung!" Key complained loudly, as he got his balance back, "what are you doing on the floor?"

"I'm doing my homework," Onew stated as the most obvious thing in the world, while pointing on the surrounding books.

"Oh yeah..." Key mumbled to himself, as he walked into the kitchen, "why didn't I think of that?"

Key found Onew really weird, and he had a hard time understanding him, but there was one thing Key had understood rather quickly. Under Onew's stupid and clumsy appearance, there was a very caring guy, who was really passionate about music.

Stopped in shock by the huge mess left behind by the other guys in the kitchen, Key's thoughts trailed off. They got to be kidding him! Who did they think he was? - Their mom?

"Onew Hyung!" Key could hear Jonghyun enter the living room, but he didn't turn around to see, what was going on. Instead he started cleaning on the mess left behind by the others.

"What is it?" Onew asked with a smile in his voice as usual. Key couldn't help but listen to their conversation, as he cleaned.

"Please help me with this math problem!" Jonghyun whined, as Key heard the thump voice of him sitting down on the floor next to Onew.

The muffled sound of books being pushed around on the floor could be heard, as Onew concentrated tried to figure Jonghyun's math problem out.

"Okay, so you basically have to explain, how you get to this solution?" Key figured, that Jonghyun had replied with a silent nod, as Onew continued, "so the equation is '2*e^x+4 = 40', and when shortened it's 'e^x+4 = 20'.... and to explain why that is, you have to...."

Onew's words trailed off, and Key rolled his eyes for the second time that day, as he knew, that Onew couldn't explain it either.

Drying the glass off Key sighed loudly to get the other two attention, which he succeeded in.

"How stupid can you be?" Key's words were kind of harsh, but he had no attention in changing his tone, "it's really simple."

"It is?" Onew pondered out loud, as he looked at the equation one more time, "you must really be a math genius!"

Walking over two the two of them Key ignored the compliment coming from Onew, but took the book away from him instead. Taking a quick glance at the paper, Key smirked to himself. He always felt a sense of confidence, after he solved a problem.

"It's because it's divided with 2 on both sides," Key started off, and continued as soon as he had gotten Jonghyun's attention.

They went over the problem together, and soon Jonghyun understood it all, but before Key had gotten a chance to get away, he asked about another problem right away.

"I don't know," Key answered annoyed, as he was about to stand up, but as Jonghyun got Onew to look at it for him, Key sat down once again and explained the next problem. And the next. And the one after that one.

"Thank you," a very happy Jonghyun chimed, as they finished the last problem together, closing the math book with a loud thump.

"It was too much," a very tired Key yawned, as he glanced at the clock. Onew had went to bed two hours ago, and Taemin and Minho had also left them an hour after.

"I'm really grateful," Jonghyun said, as he smiled at Key, but before he got the chance to continue, Key interrupted him.

"I'm off to bed," yawning once again Key stood up and took a few steps towards his room.

"Wait," Jonghyun called desperately, and Key stopped up to look at him, "does this mean you will tutor me from now on?"

 

Written by MapiHyperMonkey