Equation 22

Less Than Three

Equation22

 

Key's P.O.V

 

To Key shopping was like breathing - nothing felt more right, than when he went into all those stores searching for a perfect outfit, so when Jonghyun had asked, if he wanted to shop with him, he had agreed right away without giving it any second thoughts.

As Jonghyun pulled the car he had borrowed from his mom into the parking lot at Time Square Mall, Key's jaw almost dropped. Never in his wildest dreams, had he thought that this was what the older boy had meant by going shopping.

"We're shopping here?" This wasn't exactly the kind of place Key could afford to buy his clothes. He didn't usually go in the cheapest kind of clothes but this was too much.

"Don't worry," Jonghyun smirked as he flamboyantly waved around the credit card his mom had borrowed him, before they left, "everything's on me."

"Sure it is," Key mumbled, as he stepped out of the car stretching his back a bit, as it had been an hour long ride to get there .

"So you coming?" Jonghyun seemed even more excited than Key to go shopping, but that was only because they hadn't entered the mall yet. Key was pretty sure, that as soon as he saw all the shops, he would be in paradise.

"Of course," Key walked up beside Jonghyun, as they made their way towards the entrance.

The mall was just as huge as Key had imagined from watching it from the outside. It was at least five floors tall, and they were all connected by escalators, who crossed each other in all directions, so you could go to any floor you could imagine. It had a very 'American' feel, which probably also was the intentions, as Koreans tended to love anything from America.

"So where should we start?" Jonghyun asked, as he stepped up beside Key, who were busy trying to get an overview over the place.

"Over here," Key told him, as he started walking towards one of the escalators, which would lead them to the floor with all the man clothing.

The two of them walked around a few stores, as they looked over the clothing hanging around. Once in awhile Key would hold up some clothes up against Jonghyun deciding, that it would look perfect on him, so he made him buy it - resulting in quite a lot shopping bags.

"Keeeeeeeey," Jonghyun whined, as he tripped a bit, "how much more clothe do I need?"

"We've only started!" Key gawked at the older boy, who acted like someone who just turned 10. How could anyone get tired of shopping that quickly?

"We've been at it for two hours!" Key quickly took a look at his watch realizing that the time indeed had flown by.

"Just a bit more?" Pleading Key pouted, as he went over and linked his arm with Jonghyun, "pretty pleeease?"

Jonghyun seemed as if he was fighting a tough battle inside himself, before he sent Key a nod agreeing to shopping a bit more. Not letting go of Jonghyun's arm, Key headed towards a new shop.

"I need to own this jacket!" Key eyed a black leather jacket, which would fit him perfectly, as he almost ran over to it leaving Jonghyun behind, who just went further into the shop.

A few minutes later when Key was trying on the jacket, Jonghyun over to him with two white v-neck t-shirts with the same print on them.

"Key!" He chimed happily making Key leave his own bubble of happiness, "let's wear this?"

Eyeing the couple t-shirts Key shook horrified his head in denial. There was no way, that he would show himself in public wearing that.

"I'll buy you the jacket, if you wear it!" Looking at the t-shirt from the jacket, Key tried to figure out, if it was really worth it. His dignity would be long gone, if he wore that t-shirt, and he would never be able to show himself at this mall anymore.

Then he looked at the over expensive jacket, who wore a price tag with a ridiculous lots of zeros on it. There was no way he would ever be able to pay that jacket by himself.

"Okay then," defeated by the beauty of the jacket, Key agreed to Jonghyun's stupid request, before he handed him the jacket, so Jonghyun could pay for it.

"It's alright," Jonghyun smirked, "I've already paid for it! - Now wear this!"

"I hate you soooo much," Key cried out, as he put on the t-shirt. Of course the t-shirt looked good on him, he knew that, but he hated the whole concept of couple t-shirts. Why would anyone wear the same thing, as the person they walked around with? Beside Jonghyun of course - he seemed to enjoy himself to the fullest.

"You look great!" An overly happy Jonghyun chimed, as he looked at Key.

"Of course I do," crossing his arms like a little child, Key looked at Jonghyun for the first time after he had changed his t-shirt too. The v-neck showed off some of Jonghyun's well built chest - making it quite obvious that the older boy worked out.

Shyly Key turned his back against Jonghyun, so he couldn't see, that his cheek were turning into a light shade of red. Why did he even think like that?

"Sh-should we get something to eat?" Key quickly composed himself, as he finally turned around to look at Jonghyun once again. Getting a nod in response, Key decided to walk off by himself knowing that Jonghyun probably would follow him.

"What floor do we have to go to?" Jonghyun questioned as he looked at all the escalators with a complex look. Key didn't even question it though - this was something he was good at.

"The fifth floor," pointing upwards Key explained right away, "if they place the food at the top, they're almost sure, that everyone will have to go through all of the floors."

"Ah," a sound was all there left Jonghyun's lips. He seemed even more confused by now.

"Come on," rolling his eyes Key linked his arm with the older boy once again, so he wouldn't get lost. Wasn't he supposed to be the person, who came here often?

Key was aware of the fact, that Jonghyun were studying his facial futures, as he lead the two of them upstairs. He was always aware, that he was probably giving Jonghyun the wrong idea by linking his arm with him, but he felt like there were something wrong.

Every time Key touched Jonghyun there would come this weird sensation in his stomach, he couldn't quite put his finger on what it was. A shiver would go through his body, and he felt like, he should get closer to Jonghyun.

"Ew they're gay!" A young boys voice could be heard, as they entered the floor where all the food were. At first Key didn't understand, that it was them, the boy was talking about, but as a saliva blob ended right in front of him, he looked to the side to find a few boys sitting crowded together.

"What are your problem?" Key tried to keep calm, but he felt like teaching all of them a lesson, as he let go of Jonghyun's arm to go over to them.

"You," the boy said with overly confident, as he eyed Key, but Key just smirked making the kid feel quite insecure.

"Well," Key began slowly looking at the boy, "then we have quite a issue - because you're my problem!"

Aware of the fact that Jonghyun had been hurt from being called gay, Key couldn't help but defend his friend. Not once did he realize, that it was him, he was being gay with.

"It's disgusting!" The boy said, as he looked at the two of them, "gays should die."

Finally Key realized that he was referring to him making him even more furious.

"No one should die!" The calmer Key was, the more furious he was inside, "and there's nothing wrong in loving another person!"

To clear his point Key walked over to Jonghyun, who looked more confused than ever, and kissed his cheek. Jonghyun let his hand reach for his cheek blushing a bit, but hid it by smirking at the kids.

"Ewwww," the kids said, as they ran off after cursing at the two of them. Key would had followed them, if Jonghyun hadn't grabbed his hand to stop him.

After ordering some food and finding a place to sit, Key finally let out some of his anger.

"Who did they think they were?" Key forked his food, as he raged, "I should have kicked them, while I still got- and what are you finding so funny?"

Key looked over at Jonghyun, who sat with the biggest smile plastered all over his face creeping Key out.

"You," Jonghyun laughed out loud. Key tried his best to keep his glare, but as Jonghyun's laughter was really contagious, he started laughing too - forgetting all about the kids.

At home Jonghyun ignored a loud hello from his mom, as the two of them hurried to his room. Almost throwing the shopping bags on the floor, Jonghyun let himself fall down on the bed getting all relaxed.

"You can't just throw your new clothes on the ground like that!" Key scolded, as he picked up the bags and started folding it neatly, so he could put it into the empty closet.

Jonghyun observed Key, as the younger boy taught him, how to treat his clothe. Key were always so picky about everything. It was like, if he had an idea, it had to go the way he wanted it to. How had he ended up falling in love with such a freak? They were the exact opposite of each other.

"Hey Key," Key turned surprised around, as he Jonghyun disturbed his folding of clothes, "do you want to watch a movie with me?"

"Of course," Agreeing Key quickly folded the last piece of cloth, before he went over to the bed, where Jonghyun had put on a DVD, "so what are we watching?"

"Paranormal activity 2," Jonghyun chimed, as if he just had put on some kind of children cartoon, he hadn't watched in ages.

"A horror movie?" Sinking his saliva Key widened his eyes, as he looked over at the screen. He had never been fond of scary movies, but there was no way, he would tell Jonghyun that, "c-cool."

"You scared?" Raising an eyebrow Jonghyun looked with doubt at Key. How could Key be scared of anything?

"N-no of course not!" Slowly backing away, so his back was against the wall, Key grabbed Jonghyun's pillow. Without even noticing it he took in the scent of the pillow. It had a fragrance of sweet cologne, which Key had noticed Jonghyun used. It somehow made him feel really relaxed the movie started.

in the middle of the movie Key was so frightened, that he was close to tears. He just hated those kind of things. Who would voluntarily even watch those kind of things? Why even make them.

Without even noticing he had moved himself closer to Jonghyun a bit at a time, as he was scared to sit alone. Jonghyun had noticed it and at last he gathered his courage and laid an arm around Key's shoulder.

Key had had no second thoughts, as he hid his face into Jonghyun's shoulder every time something horrifying happened. The sweet cologne made him relax, and it didn't seem that scary anymore.

Not until at loud scream could be heard, which made Key jump up once again. He tried to stifle a sob, but Jonghyun heard it without doubt. Quickly he turned off the movie and looked down at Key.

"Are you alright?" Key looked up at Jonghyun just to see, that their lips were only a few millimeters apart from each other.

"Wh-what?" Key sank his saliva, as he stared up into Jonghyun's eyes, who were shifting uncomfortably. Key tended to forget, that Jonghyun liked him. But didn't he like him too? He were so confused about his own feelings. Maybe if he just inched a bit closer?

"Wh-what are you doing?" Jonghyun moved his head to the side, as he blushed furiously.

Finally Key came back to his senses, as he looked up at Jonghyun. "No-nothing."

Moving away once again he hugged Jonghyun's pillow tightly. Somehow he seriously needed someone close by, as he was still scared halfway to death, but on the other side - he was just as afraid to figure out his own feelings.

The night came closer and Key had gotten a space on the floor with a mattress, he could sleep on, but he was still wide awake. Clips from the movie kept getting replayed in the back of his mind, and the darkness suddenly seemed a lot darker than usually. Another sob slipped through his lips.

"Key are you alright?"the rustling sound of sheets being moved around could be heard, as Jonghyun got up on his elbow to look down at Key.

"N-no," Key finally admitted, as he was on the verge to tears, "I'm scared - I hate horror movies."

Feeling a bit ashamed by the fact, that he couldn't watch horror movies, Key blushed up a little - but luckily Jonghyun couldn't see it in the dark.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jonghyun didn't sound blaming at all - he sounded caring - as if he sincerely regretted watching the movie with Key.

"I didn't want to sound like a wuss," Key sneered, as he almost hid under his blanket, as he thought he heard a sound.

"Come here," Jonghyun patted a space beside him in his bed, "you can sleep beside me tonight."

As so many times before when Key was together with Jonghyun, he had no second thoughts, as he crawled over to Jonghyun's bed.

Quickly he found a comfortable way to lay, but he was still scared. Horror movies just freaked him out.

As if Jonghyun had read his mind, he pulled him into a hug, as he started caressing his back trying to sooth him. Taking in the smell of Jonghyun, Key slowly went into dreamland. 

 

Written by MapiHyperMonkey

 

A/N: Hi everyone! I've never been to Time Square Mall, so I kind of just made this up, so if you ever go there, then don't follow my instructions! You would get lost! xD This is also an extra long chapter - it's twice as long, as they usually are - it's a treat for you :D Haha~