Equation 32

Less Than Three

Equation32

 

Key's P.O.V

 

Key had used an hour after Jonghyun left trailing back and forth in the living room. He felt really bad about letting Jonghyun oversleep, when he had promised to wake him up. Key never overslept - so why now?

"Can't you go do that somewhere else?" Minho had finally asked really frustrated, as Key passed by the television once again blocking the two boys view. It was a mystery to Key when any of them ever had time to study, when all they did was play video games.

"How about meeting up with Woohyun?" Taemin supplied after pausing the game so none of them would lose, "you haven't seen him for days, have you?"

"But Jonghyun..." Key trailed off, as he bit his lower lip in frustration. He had to know how it went.

"Don't worry about Jonghyun," Minho ran his fingers through his hair, as he looked up at Key, "He'll be fine. And he wouldn't want you to just sit around waiting for him. Don't you have classes in the afternoon as well?"

"I guess so," Key shrugged as he could feel some of the helplessness, which had been building up in his stomach since morning, disappear.

Quickly he left the living room to go get his school stuff, before he found his cell phone on his table, so he could call up Woohyun and ask, if he wanted to meet up.

It felt wrong making another appointment, when he should be worrying about Jonghyun, but it kind of relieved him, that he could do something else but sit around all day waiting for his lover to return home.

The ringing tone rang for about three times, before Woohyun picked up and in the meantime Key had grown impatient, "why didn't you pick up right away?"

"Hi to you too Key," Woohyun snickered into the phone making Key imagine him with a smirk all over his stupid face.

"You made me wait on purpose, didn't you?" Shocked Key started tapping his right foot against the floor waiting for a response. Sometimes it was pretty annoying how much the guy on the other end knew him.

"Me?" Woohyun feigned his innocence, which just made Key roll his eyes, "why would I?"

"Do you want to hang out?" Dropping the endless discussion, Key asked right away, as he put another book into his backpack, he had eyed, as they spoke.

"Of course," Woohyun immediately sounded really cheery, "let's meet by the fountain?"

"Okay," Key hung up agreeing lying his phone on the table once again, before he took another look into the mirror just to be sure, he looked amazing. His tight skinny jeans had never been tighter, and over it he wore a pink loose t-shirt printed with a lot of English swearing words. (It wasn't like many understood it anyways.)

Heading out the door Key yelled his goodbyes to the two guys, who still hadn't left the couch yet, wondering if eyes really could turn into squares, if you sat in front of the television too long.

It was a short trip to the fountain, as it was located pretty close to all the dorms, so he walked pretty slow, so he wouldn't have to wait for ages for Woohyun. For all Key knew, he could have called the poor guy, while he was taking a shower, and he would take forever finding the right clothes to wear.

The trees around him, which had been planted by the school board to get the students to think about a better environment,  was starting to turn into a lot of different colors making sure everyone knew, that the autumn was on its way.

Regretting leaving his jacket behind Key shivered, as he pulled his backpack strap up onto his shoulder again, as he just carelessly had thrown it over his shoulder on his way out the door.

"Kim Kibum!" Key looked up to see Woohyun standing by the fountain already waving like crazy to get his attention. A smile crept onto his lips, and he lit up remembering how much, he had actually missed his best friend. - There had also happened so much that he wanted to tell him.

"Baby," Key exclaimed as he almost skipped the last few steps, so he could intertwine their fingers. That's what they had always done. That was how their friendship was - filled with skin ship and Key saw no reason to change it, even though he was together with Jonghyun now. (it wasn't like it meant anything.)

It didn't feel as right, as when it was Jonghyun who was holding his hand, but it was good enough for Key, who had needed the comfort all day.

"I missed you too," Woohyun grinned, as he squished his friends hand in a friendly gesture, before they started walking down one of the small roads on the school campus, as they started talking.

At first they talked about all the small stupid things that had been happening at school. How their dance teacher probably had gained weight, because she had broken up with her boyfriend, and how the last test for math had been totally unfair, as the level had been too tough.

Key had to gather all his courage, before he told his best friend about Jonghyun.

He needed the courage to tell him, that he was that.

The courage to admit, that he was gay.

It wasn't because, he was ashamed of it. It wasn't like he could stop his feelings for Jonghyun anyways, and he wouldn't choose any other over him. He was the right person for him. The person he could see himself with for the rest of his life.

He was just really afraid, that he would lose his best friend. The person that had been with him for years and who understood him better than anyone else. He was afraid that that person wouldn't be able to understand his choice.

"Woohyun?" Key started in a muffled voice making his friend stop up to look at him with questioning eyes, "I'm seeing someone."

It was easier to say, than Key had imagined, but of course he hadn't told Woohyun the difficult part yet.

"Who?" Woohyun genuinely asked, as he sounded happy for his friend, which made Key gather his courage to tell Woohyun the rest.

"Kim Jonghyun," He quickly said, as he looked down at the ground blushing furiously waiting for Woohyun's reaction, but it never really came.

"I'm happy for you," Woohyun chimed, as he pulled Key into a hug making Key if possible even more confused.

Why wasn't Woohyun asking him about him being gay? Why did he just accept it like that? It took Key forever himself to figure out, that he liked Jonghyun. Was it even fair, that Woohyun just accepted it?

Key opened his mouth to ask his friend one of the many questions there were filling his head, but nothing came out, so he closed it again just to hug his friend back, "thank you."

"Key?" Surprised Key pushed Woohyun aside to turn around. He knew the voice. He would be able to recognize the voice in a room filled with hundreds of other people.

He was right. As he turned around the guy in front of him was indeed Kim Jonghyun.

Jonghyun was standing with his phone pressed up against his left ear, as he gawked at the pair, who still had their hands intertwined.

Key watched as several emotions passed through Jonghyun's eyes. Hurt, betrayal. Sadness. Jealousy.

It took Key a minute to register what was going on, before he dropped Woohyun's hand to take a step towards Jonghyun, who just took a step back to avoid the younger guy.

"Jonghyun?"

 

Written by MapiHyperMonkey