Equation 26

Less Than Three

Equation26

 

Key's P.O.V

 

"Key are you ready yet?" Knocking frequently on the door Jonghyun was starting to annoy the out of Key, as he groaned in response for the fifteenth time.

He hadn't even been in there for an hour yet, and to be honest - he would like to procrastinate for as long as possible. How in the world could Jonghyun be so amazingly good at finding all the things that he was most scared of in the whole world?

"Keeeeeeeey," dragging the word out in one breath Jonghyun whined more than a little child, "why aren't you ready?"

Key stomped over to the door to angrily open it just to make Jonghyun fall over, as he was leaning against the door, while he had been knocking like crazy.

Shifting uncomfortable from Jonghyun's obvious stare, Key sent him a glare crossing his arms, and started to tap his foot impatiently.

"What in the world did you do in there?" Jonghyun gained his balance quickly after shifting his weight from one foot to another.

"My hair," Key stated in a matter of fact kind of voice, as if there was nothing else to do in a bathroom, as he walked the three steps it took to get over to his luggage to drop of his pink toiletry.

"But it looks exactly the same as before!" Jonghyun cried out loud, as he looked helplessly at Key, who just shrugged. Everyone should know that it took time to look just half as good as him. He was sure, he was close to being perfect.

"Let's just leave," sighing loudly Key grabbed the older guy's hand, as he were about to drag him with him, but he stopped in his track, as he felt something which felt like electricity go through his body, and slowly he shifted his gaze to Jonghyun, who were smiling contently.

Key's heart were just about to leave his chest from the touch and eye contact, as he altered his gaze to the wall, as he hoped, that it wouldn't make his heart race just as much.

"What's wrong Key?" Rolling his eyes behind Jonghyun's back, Key took a deep breath, as the older guy , "why don't we do it right?"

Before Key got a chance to speak up, Jonghyun had turned Key's hand around, so their palms were facing each other, as he intertwined their fingers, while caressing the back of Key's hand.

"You're such a tease!" Key said in a whiny muffled voice, as his cheeks took the shade of a light pink -the same color as his toiletry.

"But you like it!" Jonghyun's smile grew wider, as he slowly backed away from Key's ear, as he had whispered in his ear making a shiver go through all of Key's body, before he changed topic, "should we go?"

This time it was Jonghyun's turn to drag Key leaving his room. Key was aware of the fact, that Jonghyun wanted their first date to be perfect, so the older guy didn't want to waste any time at home, but to Key it was already close enough to perfect. It had been even more perfect, if Jonghyun had decided to stay at home and cuddle though.

In the car Key kept playing nervously with his fingers, as he was scared, that he would have to try some of the big rollercoaster's, when they arrived at Lotte World - which he to be honest would love to avoid.

"Is anything wrong?" Jonghyun took his eyes of the road of a minute to take in Key's nervous manners, before he quickly alerted his gaze to the road once again, so they could prevent any possible car accidents.

"No," the word came out a lot more sour than Key had intended, but he didn't want to admit, that he was afraid. Guys weren't afraid of rollercoaster's. It was a fact.

Glancing at Jonghyun through the corner of his eye, Key saw the guy just shrug it off as the smile didn't leave his lips even once. Key's heart fluttered, as he reminded himself, that it was because of him, that the guy beside him was wearing such a contagious smile.

Reprimanding himself Key decided, that he would make this day wonderful for Jonghyun even if it meant, that he should win over his fear for heights and huge fast moving machines, which could probably kill a person, who sat in it.

Key shook his head from side to side, so his thoughts would leave him alone, but once a thought got stuck, it tended to stay there, until there was something else there were more important, and what could be more important than his death?

"We're here!" Jonghyun happily pronounced receiving a death glare from Key, which he barely noticed, as he was busy getting out of the car, so he could run to the other side making it possible for him to hold the car door open for his beloved one.

These small gestures made Key forget his thoughts for a few seconds, before he was shaken back into reality from the screams, who could get heard on the parking lot outside the park.

The scent of popcorn and fast food reached his nostrils, as they walked closer, and discreetly he grabbed Jonghyun's hand to squeeze it, as his heart was pumping like crazy just from the adrenalin he got from thinking, that he was going up in one of those machines in a little while.

"Should we try this ride first?" Jonghyun pointed at the map after looking at it for hours in the search of the biggest and scariest ride there were, and he had finally found it.

Swallowing his spit, Key looked frightened at the map just to get his fear confirmed. There was nothing bigger or scarier in the entire park, than that one.

"How about we start with the smaller rides?" Key hoped that he could used to riding the rides slowly, if they started in the small, before they went on to the big scary ones. As in: Why not start with the children rides? Preferably those were you have to make the ride go around yourself.

"But that's no fun," saying no to a pouting Jonghyun, who was sending Key a pair of puppy eyes at the same time was making it close to impossible for Key to disagree.

Key nodded slightly, as Jonghyun lit up literally dragging Key through the entire amusement park in pure bliss, as he wanted to try the ride right away.

As the seasons slowly were changing from summer to autumn the weather acted like it was having it period. Some days they would be having some of the hottest days of the year, while on others it was cool, windy and sometimes it would rain as well.

Since today's weather was the last mentioned the queue for the ride was far from long, and it quickly became their turn. Everything just seemed to be against Key, as he got buckled up in the ride.

"Are you ready?" An excited glint could be seen in Jonghyun's eyes, as there were given a sign telling the control room that everything was safe making Key tighten his grip around the belt like thing, which should keep in his seat under the ride, making his knuckles go whiter than a ghost.

"O-of course," stuttering from fear Key let out a little scream as the ride started. The first scream of many - or just one loud scream, which continued under the whole ride. This was it - now he was going to die.

After countless of screams, at least five loops, a stop in the middle of the ride so people could see how fun it was to hang on their head (note the sarcasm.) and a lot of tears Key was finally standing on firm soil once again with a very worry looking Jonghyun beside him.

"K-key, please stop crying!" Jonghyun cupped Key's face with his warm hands, as he wiped away some of the tears with his thumps, before they reached Key's chin.

"I-I-I-I was sure, that I was going to d-die!" Stuttering Key sobbed loudly, as he told Jonghyun about one of his biggest fears. It was so damn embarrassing, but he couldn't stop crying.

"I wouldn't let you," Jonghyun assured him, as he pecked Key's cheek stopping one of his salty tears, before he went down to the younger's lips and pecked them too.

Slowly Key calmed himself down, as the soothing touches from Jonghyun made him relax, and he took a few deep breaths, as he finally wiped away the last tears with the sleeves from his jacket.

"Soooo," prolonging the simplest word in the world, Key knew that Jonghyun were about to , so he sent him a glare, but that didn't stop the older guy, "you're afraid of both scary movies and rollercoaster's? Do you have any other weird fears, that I should know of?"

"Shut up," Key mumbled, as he turned around to leave, but Jonghyun soon caught up to him taking his hand into his own, so their fingers could intertwine once again.

"How about I buy you an ice cream?" Proposing that once thing Jonghyun knew Key couldn't resist, he held his breath, before Key silently nodded agreeing that an ice cream could be a good idea, but before he got a chance to stop himself, he ruined it right away, "how about we try the children rides afterward?"

 

Written by MapiHyperMonkey