Equation 35

Less Than Three

Equation35

 

Jonghyun's P.O.V

 

It was a peaceful Friday evening and Jonghyun was leaning against the counter at his work, looking at some song sheets, which he had been writing on the last couple of weeks after his argument with his boyfriend.

Jonghyun had been quite busy today. He woke up early to take a shower and get some breakfast (consisting of burnt rice as he forgot it on the stove, while he was getting dressed). Then he had been attending classes all day and as they finally had came to an end, he had to go to work. What was worst of all however, was that he didn’t get to see Key all day.

Which kind of stupid music store is having opened until 10 pm anyways? – It is not like there would be coming any customers this late.

“Jonghyun, I will just be cleaning out in the backroom and then I will be leaving, can you handle the rest here by yourself?” The said boy turned around and faced his coworker.

“Sure, it is not like there is anything to do in any case,” Jonghyun stated as he continued to look at the white song sheets, which he usually was working on at a daily basis at work, when there was nothing better to do. He would even prefer if she would leave, so he could get some peace.

“Are you now working at the song for the special someone again?” The girl named Jihyun asked, as she could sense how distracted Jonghyun was being once again.

“Yeah, I want it to be just perfect, when I am going to show my special someone the song,” Jonghyun answered dryly. Jihyun already knew that he was dating someone, because Jonghyun told her when he had gotten tired of her hitting on him, by any chance she got to be alone with him, which was quite often because they had a lot of shifts together.

Jonghyun had never mentioned anything about if it was a girl or a boy though, but maybe it wasn’t even necessary, since they always used the term ‘special someone’ when speaking about it.

“Okay, I will be leaving so you can get some peace then,” Jihyun declared and left.

When Jonghyun figured she had disappeared into the backroom, since nothing more was uttered, he took his sheets and went over to the great piano, which was rather dominating in the left part of the music store with its gloss and everything, and took a seat in front of it.

He took a last look at the sheets and corrected some failures he had made while writing it, before he tried to play some of the first notes of the song on the piano – this was what he loved about his job: he could work and do what he loved at the same time (if there wasn’t any costumers).

In the middle of everything he suddenly felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. Curious about that the new text message held (and secretly hoping that it was from Key), he stopped whatever he was doing and fished his phone up from his pocket.

Have you eaten yet?’ – From Key <3

Jonghyun pouted as he actually felt incredible hungry – he hadn’t gotten anything to eat in several hours already.

No :( ­is starving here, come and save me......

Expecting some kind of reply from the younger boy, he decided to wait instead of returning to his previous action. But as the awaited message never arrived, Jonghyun started to type a new message for Key – but just as he was about to hit the send button the bell chimed behind him, indicating that someone had entered the store. 

Jonghyun quickly stood up and turned around. The words: ‘Hello and welcome, what can I help you with?’ almost rolling of his tongue, before realizing that it was Key, who was standing in front of him.

“Key, you’re here!” Jonghyun beamed excited. The said boy just winked at him and waved his hello. “But how can that be?”

Jonghyun wondered how Key already could be here when it wasn’t even ten minutes ago, he had texted him and asked him if he had eaten.

“I wanted to come and see you no matter what, I just had to know if I should bring some food with me or not,” Key stated with a smile, before approaching him by the piano and stopping in front of him, as if he was expecting something in return for coming with food.

The older of the two smiled and wrapped his arms around Key, before pecking his lips in a teasing manner. “Thank you for coming with some food for me – you can leave again if you want to.”

“Shut up, I know that you don’t want me to leave,” Key uttered and connected their lips once again, apparently not satisfied with the peck only. Jonghyun tightened his grip around Key and returned the kiss with joy. It seemed to be what Key had wanted in the first place as he gladly let Jonghyun dominate and have his ways with his mouth.

“Hey, I will be leaving now—WOW—What—What is happening here?”

Jonghyun hurried to pull away again from Key when he heard Jihyun’s voice. He probably looked like a deer caught in the headlights of a car as he turned his head to face her shocked expression.

“I thought you already had left,” Jonghyun stated dumbfounded, still having one of his arms around Key to assure him that nothing was wrong.

“Kim Kibum is your special someone?” The girl asked and she honestly sounded just as dumbfounded as Jonghyun felt right now – but it was only causing him to calm down a little.

“Spe—special someone?” Key seemed quite humored by the words.

Jonghyun squeezed Key closer to him. “Please just don’t tell anyone – not many know about us yet, and we want to keep it like that for now.”

Jihyun looked like one who just should to use some seconds to understand the entire meaning behind the words, but as she did, she nodded understandable. “I promise you guys that no one will get to hear about what I saw tonight and I understand that it is something between you.”

 “Thank you, I’m glad you understand,” Jonghyun smiled friendly as Jihyun flipped her bangs and turned around to leave.

“Who was that?” Key decided to speak now that the girl had left again.

“Just someone who is working here and whom I’m having math classes with,” Jonghyun muttered and sat down on the piano stool behind him. “I’m sorry about just now. I had totally forgotten that she still was here, and cleaning out in the backroom.”

“Oh, it is okay – she seemed nice nevertheless,” Key said and sat down beside him, placing a black plastic bag at the floor between them.

“Which food did you bring, by the way? Are you just letting me sit here and starve?” Jonghyun joked and poked to the plastic bag with his foot, indicating Key to hurry up and feed him some food already.

“I just brought some French fries coated hot dogs,” Key said and bent down to pick the bag up again. He opened it and pulled out some tin foil wrappings, handing one of them to Jonghyun and keeping the other himself.

“Nice, I totally love these,” Jonghyun stated and eagerly started to unpack it from its wrappings, before taking a hold onto the stick.

The store turned quiet as both boys started to eat. Jonghyun got to eat half of his hot dog, before he realized something and started to speak: “Oh, today I got the test results for the math-thingy by the way...”

Key stopped eating and looked at him taken aback. “You did? How did it go? Why are you only telling me that now?”

“I think it could have gone better but at least I passed!” Jonghyun shrugged and smiled. “I would have told you earlier but I was being busy and wanted to tell you face to face instead of calling you or telling you over a text message.”

The younger boy tilted his head. “What different would it made if you told me face to face or over the phone?”

“Well, let us see... If I would you over the phone you wouldn’t be able to congratulate me with a kiss?” He suggested and his smile widened.

“Oh? You want a kiss? Is that it?” Key asked and leaned closer to him as if he was about to kiss him. Jonghyun nodded and pursed his lips, ready for his kiss. Kibum barely brushed his lips before pulling away however, and with a grin he then said: “Not before you finish your food.”

 

Written by Legende