Somebody To Love

Blue Flame
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Yunho’s POV*

“Awe, do you have to leave already?” Ms. Kim whined as I threw the last of my belongings into the wagon. Jaejoong sighed, “Yes Umma. He doesn’t live here.” He reminded.

She pouted at this, “I was getting so used to seeing you every day. I feel like I’m losing my only son every time you leave.” She told me.

I smiled proudly at her comment. “Umma!” Jaejoong snapped. His mom smiled sweetly at him. “I still love you Joongie.” She assured him, patting his cheek.

He shook his head not believing her words. “Don’t you have to help dad with something?” He recalled.

“Oh yes! I almost forgot!” His mother said in realization. “I have to go but have a safe trip.” Ms. Kim gave me a quick hug before running back inside the house.

 

“I think you’ve officially stolen my mother from me.” He gave me a disapproving look. “I don’t know what story you told her about the ball, but she seems to like you even more than before, if that’s even possible.” He remarked.

A cheeky grin subconsciously grew on my lips. “No, your mom just knows I’m better than you.”

He rolled his eyes at this. “Cocky jerk.”

“Are you going to go back to your class after break?” I asked, recalling that they had a weeklong break before they started the winter semester.

He nodded.

I frowned, “Why? He’s going to be there.”

He sighed, “I still have to go to class.” He said.

“No, you don’t.” I argued.

“And! I don’t want to miss class. I’ll regret missing class more than anything else.” He reiterated.

I didn’t like the idea, but I guess it didn’t matter. He was going to do what he wanted anyway. And I won’t be able to stop him since I’ll be back at home. “Fine, but do you have the dagger I gave you?” I questioned.

He pulled out a small leather case with a red dragon painted in the center, from his pocket. “Yep.”

“Good.” I nodded feeling somewhat better.

“Why do you even have this?” He asked.

After what happened a few days ago, and finding out what he really was, I gave him my dagger that I kept with me at all times. At first, he refused, but after arguing about it, he gave in.

“Why wouldn’t I? I’m a prince. People will try to come after me. I have to protect myself.” I said as if it were obvious, because it was. However, he laughed at this, “I don’t think people will come after you because you’re a prince, it’s more like they’ll come after you because you pissed them off, for being a jerk.” He teased, but I didn’t find anything funny.

“It doesn’t matter what the situation is. Everyone should at least have something they can protect themselves with in case they get attacked.” I argued.

“Okay, okay.” He brushed off. “I was just messing with you. Lighten up a little.” He lightly hit my arm.

“Anyway, if that Siwon bastard comes near you, make sure you stab him with. Aim for his stomach or chest.” I instructed and demonstrated what to do. “Like that.” I smiled after my short demonstration.

He folded his arms. “When I said loosen up, I didn’t mean smile at the thought of harming someone.” He remarked.

“It’s not harming anyone if they deserve it.” I corrected.

He paused at my words and looked at me as if I had said something that didn’t make sense. “Anyway, also use this on anyone who tries to mess with you. Especially when you’re traveling to and from school and when you’re doing deliveries. When I come back, I’ll teach you how to fight.” I continued on with my instruction. He suddenly scoffed at this. “I know how to defend myself. I was just taken by surprise.” He frowned.

I looked at him up and down. “You can fight?” I questioned with much doubt. His frown deepened. “Don’t underestimate me. Looks aren’t everything you know. My dad taught me how to defend myself.” He argued.

I studied him for a minute. “Yeah, but I’ll teach you how to actually fight. You’re too soft.” I finally said.

“Too soft?”

“Yeah, you’re the kind of person who’ll fight someone but leave them alive.” I explained.

He looked at me in shock. “Well, yeah…I’m not trying to kill anyone.” He responded.

“That’s your problem. You need to fight to kill. If they happen to survive then they’ll know not to mess with you again.” I told him. What is it that he doesn’t understand? It’s common sense.

He stood there for a moment before bursting into laughter. “You are insane.” He said between laugh. “I’m serious.” I said.

“I know~, that’s what’s insane.” He laughed.

I frowned, waiting for him to finish his laughing fit.

“Look, I appreciate the advice and your concern. And I’m really grateful for your help. But you don’t need to do all this. I’ll be fine.” He said after his laughter calmed down. “And I don’t need this.” He tried to hand me my knife back, but I didn’t take it. “Keep it.” I refused.

“I don’t need it. Besides you need it for your trip.” He insisted. “You need it more than me.” I argued.

“Yunho I-,”

“I said keep it. Okay?” I nearly spat.

His eyes widened at my aggression, but slowly narrowed into a suspicious look. “Why are you doing this all of a sudden? I’m starting to feel like it’s not about what happened.” He voiced his suspicions.

I huffed at his accusations, “Of course it has to do with what happened…and what you are.”

“What?”

“Your friends told me that you’re a fertile male.” I murmured.

The elder was thrown in surprise. He was speechless. “But that doesn’t change anything. I’ just as capable as you and everyone else for taking care of myself. I only have an ability that’s different from you.” He argued. “So? It still makes you more of a target than even me.” I retorted.

To my surprise he looked disappointed. “I don’t need any more people worrying about me.”

This time I was lost for words. Worry? Me? Over him? I could barely let out a scoff as I searched for my words. “I…am not…worried about you.” I finally said. He raised an eyebrow not believing me.

“I’m not.” I told him. “I’m just helping you out. So, you should actually be thanking me.” I had no idea what I was saying.

“I already thanked you.” He reminded.

Great.

I knew that.

“Yeah, as you should.” I felt like an idiot, and I did not like it. However, he chuckled at this. “Anyway, I guess you should get going before it gets late.” He finally said.

I felt all and any joy I had in me leave. It was replaced with dread. “Yeah.” I murmured. My shoulders subconsciously dropped at the thought of being home again.

He raised an eyebrow. “Hey.” He lightly hit my arm, regaining my attention. “If you get bored at home, feel free to write me a letter.” He said. “You know where I live.”

My eyes slightly widened a little. The idea had never crossed my mind before. And for some reason, I was actually exited by it. “Yeah, sure.” I played nonchalant.

 

 

“Have a safe trip.” He said as I climbed onto the wagon. I grabbed the reigns and looked at him one last time. He smiled and waved to me. A small smile involuntarily crossed my lips. I hit the reigns and I was off.

 

 

I hated the trip back. It was always long, and it felt like it got longer each time. But I had no choice, I have to return home some time, right? Something about the thought was disappointing.

I love my kingdom. I’m extremely proud to be part of a great nation like it. I just hated being in the palace. It was a different life than the civilian life, like Jaejoong lived and that I got to experience at the Fertility kingdom. It wasn’t the same.

At first, I didn’t mind it. I never really noticed it. But recently, it was becoming more and more unbearable. I didn’t understand why. It’s not like anything changed.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

“The crowned prince has return to bring upon his wrath and destruction back to the Palace!” Yoochun was the one to ‘greet’ me when I arrived at the palace.

I rolled my eyes and hopped off the wagon. Servants and guards surrounded the agon to take the herbs and put the wagon and horse away.

“Welcome back your highness.” Yoochun bowed, exaggerating his movements when I walked up to the castle doors. I cocked an eyebrow. “You actually seem oddly happy to see me.”

“Whoa! Whoa, don’t get ahead of yourself. I was elated when you were gone. I had so much free time the first week. I was free to do whatever I wanted, until my parents found out and started giving me remedial chores.” He clarified. “So, I had to wait until you came back, so I can get out of those stupid jobs. They were so much work.” He pouted.

I scoffed in disbelief.

“Plus, I’m curious to find out what kept you in the Fertility Kingdom for so long?” A wicked grin creased his lips.

I rolled my eyes and entered the castle. He quickly followed me.

“Your pops wants to speak with you. He told me to tell you to meet him in his study as soon as you get here.” He informed.

I groaned, “I don’t get to rest first?” I remarked.

“Would you like for me to have a meal prepared for you?” He asked mockingly.

I rolled my eyes, “As if you’d even do that.” I grumbled.

“Actually, there are some left over sandwiches from when Junsu and I had lunch. I can probably put them in your room.” He thought to himself.

“No.” I shut down the so called ‘offer’, “Just don’t bother me for the rest of the day. That’s all I want.” With that, I turned the corner, leaving him alone.

I walked down the long corridors until I reached my father’s study. I pushed the doubled doors open, not bothering to knock.

My father was stood by one of his bookshelves, flipping through random books. Does he ever stop working? I thought to myself a bit annoyed.

I flopped into the cushioned seat on the other side of his desk. He continued to look through his books in silence for a couple more minutes before acknowledging my presence. “Good, you’re back.” He dropped his selected books on the table. He was clearly not happy.

He pulled up his seat and sat down across from me. “What was this emergency that was so important that you ignored my letter telling you to come back?” He went straight to the point.

I knew he was going to bring this up, but I was already prepared. “It was an emergency that I can’t disclose any information on.” I answered.

I leaned back in my seat proud of my excuse. It wasn’t a lie, nor did I have to say what happened.

But to my surprise he laughed. “Did your confidential information have anything to do with the winter ball?” He questioned.

My eyes widened.

He slid a sheet of paper across the desk.

I quickly snatched the paper and read it.

“Queen Kwon wrote me, thanking me for allowing you to attend the inter ball and how excited her son was that you were attending.” He explained.

I gripped the letter. .

I forced myself to remain nonchalant. “I just happened to be there long enough to go to the ball.” I placed the letter back down. However, he didn’t seem to believe me.

He studied me closely. “What kind of emergency was it? I don’t recall you knowing anyone from the Fertility kingdom, besides the royal family. Unless you met so-,”

“No!” I answered quicker than I would’ve liked.

He paused, raising an eyebrow at this.

“I mean…no…I didn’t meet anyone. I was just helping Prince Jiyong with something.” I murmured, straightening up.

His eyes stayed on me as he studied me for what felt like eternally. It was difficult to return his stare; I couldn’t even look him in the eye. This is so humiliating!

Thankfully he didn’t push the issue any further. “Well, I hope your emergency was worth it because you have a lot of things to catch up on.” He pulled out a handful of papers and handed it to me.

“Here’s your new schedule.” He announced. “This is including the weeks you missed. You can take as much time as you need to catch back up, but just know you can’t go back to the Fertility kingdom until you finish everything. Including your tasks for your upcoming schedule.” He reminded.

I cleared my throat trying to suppress my shock. How the hell does he expect me to finish everything by then? I looked back up at him to be met with his suspicious stare. “That’s not a problem.” I accepted his challenge.

He only nodded, not show either approval or disapproval. “That’s all I have for you. You may go.” He dismissed. I immediately stood up and left the suffocating study.

 

 

I flipped through the pages as I walked down the long hallways. My schedule was packed! There was way too much for me to do. It was 4 weeks’ worth of things that I missed, and I had 6 more weeks to complete it on top of whatever I have scheduled for those next coming weeks.

On top of that, my schedule was packed from 6 in the morning to 6 in the evening. This Is madness!

“I don’t have time for this.” I grumbled.

I have more important things to do. Jaejoong and I are supposed to look for the secret garden next time I return to the Fertility Kingdom. Jaejoong only agreed to go if I do my research.

A groan escaped my lips, how am I supposed to do both?!

At that moment, I spotted Junsu walking mindlessly down the other side of the hallway. An idea came to my mind!

“Junsu!” I called him.

The young knight-in-training stopped in his tracks. He slowly turned around.

“Junsu! Come!” I waved him over.

His eyes slowly widened, and he immediately ran away.

“What the…yah!!” I called, but he kept running in the opposite direction. “Yahh!!” I shouted, chasing after him.

“Leave me alone!” he yelled.

Thankfully I was faster than him, so I caught up to him easily.

I jumped on top of him and tackled him onto the ground.

We wrestled a little before I was finally able to pin him against the marble flooring. I pinned his wrists on either side of his head and hovered over him, so he couldn’t escape. He struggled under my grip.

“You really need to work on escaping out of a hold and learn to run faster.” I told him.

He frowned at me, “I’m not training with you.” He instantly turned down.

“Calm down, I’m not going to make you train. I have a favor I need to ask of you.” I assured him.

He looked at me suspiciously. “What is it?”

“Don’t you have a family member that lives in the Fertility Kingdom?” I asked.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter