Love's Way

Blue Flame
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Yunho's POV*

 

The next morning was horrible.

I couldn’t sleep at all last night, nor did I have the motivation to get out of bed in the morning.

When I woke up, Jaejoong wasn’t there.

I forced myself out of bed anyway and prepared for the day.

I went into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. Jaejoong was already in there humming and brushing his long dark-brown silk hair. He greeted me with a warm good morning. But I ignored him and went to brush my teeth.

He looked at me annoyed for inconsiderately invading his space. The bathroom was extremely small and there was not enough sink space for two people to use at the same time.

“Are you serious?” He expressed his frustration after I pushed him to the side for the 3rd time. “I’m trying to do my hair.”

I simply glanced at him. “I’m brushing my teeth.” I brushed him off.

He frowned, “I was here first.”

“So? Brushing my teeth is more important. Besides, you shouldn’t be brushing your hair like a girl. It’s not gonna do anything. You still look ugly.” I retorted, only irritating him more.

He squeezed his brush in his fist, “You know Yunho, sometimes you’re really nice and cool. But I’m always reminded of what a complete jerk you are.”

This time I frowned. I tossed my toothbrush aside in anger. “I’m leaving.”

I left the bathroom, slamming the door behind me.

My shoulders dropped. You’re an idiot Yunho. I mentally beat myself up. But it’s his fault. He should already know. He’s the one who’s leaving me. I have every right to be mad at him. Not the other way around!

I marched out the small hallway into the living room where Yoochun was helping Mrs. Kim with some sewing project. I glanced out the window to see Mr. Kim and Junsu working in the garden, probably picking herbs. It looked like Mr. Kim was also teaching Junsu about the different plants. Ever since he first visited the Fertility kingdom, he’s been interested about learning more about the land his grandmother comes from.

“Good Morning Yunho.” Mrs. Kim greeted me with a warm smile. “Morning.” I murmured, unable to return her enthusiasm.

“We already ate breakfast. But I made you a plate. It’s-...Jaejoong!” Mrs. Kim suddenly exclaimed, interrupting herself in the process, when her son appeared from behind me. She jumped to her feet and ran up to him. “I need you to try this on to make sure it fits you right, before tonight.” She was already slipping on the cream and pale gold kimono she had on Jaejoong.

“Your food is on the table.” Yoochun informed, his eyes had been on me since I entered the room.

I was about to walk into the kitchen when there was a knock on the door.

“Oh! Yunho, can you answer that please?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Yeh.” I turned to the front door.

 

I answered the door only to be bombarded with a loud, “Good Morning!!”

I blinked dumbstruck.

I didn’t recognize the tow old people in front of me.

I immediately recognized the jerk in the middle.

My eyes instantly narrowed at him.

Before anything else could be said or done, Mrs. Kim suddenly appeared. “Chohee!” She exclaimed in delight, “Come in!”

I reluctantly stepped aside to allow them in. Each of them thanked me as they entered. I remained silent, shutting the door behind them.

Seconds later, Jaejoong and Yoochun joined us in the small foyer. Jaejoong seemed just as surprised when he saw the unexpected guests. He and the jerk greeted each other shyly.

“What are you guys doing here?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“I had made some dessert last night, and I ended up making way too much. So, I thought it would be a wonderful idea to bring some over here.” The Chohee lady explained, referring to the three pies in her hands. “Awe, you didn’t have to do that. You’re too sweet. Come, sit down. I’ll get my husband.” Mrs. Kim led the adults into the kitchen.

Hyungjoong rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. “I’m sorry for intruding, but my mom insisted on coming here this morning.” He sighed.

Jaejoong chuckled at this. “I understand, more than you know.” He said, earning a chuckle in return.

“Who is this Jaejoong?” Yoochun asked nosily, though it was clear that he already knew the answer. “Ah~, this is Hyungjoong. Hyungjoong, these are my friends, Yoochun and Yunho.” Jaejoong introduced.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Hyungjoong smiled at the two of us.

“Oh please, the pleasure is mine.” Yoochun smiled back.

 

 

 

Next thing I knew, Jaejoong, the jerk, Yoochun, Junsu, and I were sat in the living room, while the adults were in the kitchen chatting away.

Junsu and I were sat on one couch and Hyungjoong and Jaejoong were sat on the other one adjacent to us, closest to Junsu. Yoochun chose to sit in the wooden rocking chair across from Junsu and I.

“Where are you guys from? I haven’t seen you before. Are you from the city?” Hyungjoong asked, genuinely interested.

What a cliché. I scoffed to myself.

“We’re actually not from here. We’re from the Fire kingdom.” Yoochun answered when I didn’t.

Hyungjoong’s eyes lit up in astonishment. “Really? What brings you all the way here?” He asked more intrigued.

“We-,”

“Can’t you mind your business?” I cut Junsu off, feeling irritated. Who does he think he is asking about our business?

Jaejoong frowned at me.

“Ah, I’m so sorry.” Hyungjoong immediately apologized, “I didn’t mean to pry.” He said regretfully.

My frown deepened. Pathetic.

“You’re fine. Yunho is just on his man period today.” Yoochun assured him. I glared at him, but he ignored me. “We come here to buy herbs that we don’t have at the Fire kingdom. Believe it or not Yunho is a-,”

“Merchant!” I interrupted Yoochun before he could reveal my identity. “I’m a merchant. I buy herbs and sell them back at home and to the Fire king.” I explained. “And Junsu is my apprentice and Yoochun is…he’s just a servant that carries our stuff around.”

Yoochun rolled his eyes. However, Hyungjoong was amazed by this. “Wow! Really? You even sell to the King of the Fire nation?! Your business must be really successful.” He said in pure wonderment.

“Obviously.” I brushed off.

“That’s so cool. Especially to be that successful at a young age. You probably get to see a lot of cool stuff too.” He continued his praise.

I grunted in response, brushing off his insignificant compliments. “What do you do?” I asked knowingly.

“It’s nothing compared to what you do. I just work at a bread shop with Jaejoong and make deliveries. And I help my parents on our family farm. It’s not much but I enjoy it.”

I snorted, expressing that I was unimpressed by his lifestyle.

“But your family farm is really big.” Jaejoong inputted. “And it has a ton of animals.” He added.

“Really?” This peaked Junsu’s interest.

Jaejoong nodded and began to go on about the animals, gaining everyone’s interest. Soon everyone’s attention was on Hyungjoong, asking him a ton of questions and listening to him speak. They even joked around and had a few “fun” conversations.

“Where are you guys going tonight?” Junsu asked curiously as the conversations progressed on.

“There’s this light show that’s held every other night throughout the spring and summer in the city. I thought it would be fun for us to go.” Hyungjoong answered, a light blush on his cheeks.

“That sounds like fun.” Yoochun gave him an encouraging smile.

“Tch…” I scoffed loudly, earning their attention. “Are you sure that you want to go with Jaejoong?” I questioned doubtfully.

“Pardon?” Hyungjoong questioned, caught off guard by my question.

“You’ll have a miserable time if you go with him. You’ll have to watch out and make sure no ert tries to come after him. But that’s not even the bad part. He thinks he knows everything. He’ll end up explaining how everything works, completely taking out the magic out of whatever fun you’re trying to have.” I began.

“Yunho.” Jaejoong frowned.

“He’s so meticulous about everything. You’ll be forced to listen to his long lectures, and then start to wonder if you’re attending class or if you’re there to have fun. He’s extremely bossy, you’ll feel like you’re going out with your parents.” I continued.

“Um, Yunho.” Junsu nudged me, but I ignored him.

“He’s extremely judgmental and thinks he’s always right, so you have to listen to him. If you don’t, he won’t throw a fit, but he’ll make you feel bad about it. Oh! Did I mention how sensitive he is? He gets upset about things to easily, and argues a lot, even in public. I’d definitely be embarrassed to go out with him.”

“Ugh, and what’s even more annoying is that he talks about his family A LOT. And how much he cares about them. Which is fine. But he talks about it so much that it seems like he’s trying to make himself sound like a saint. He-,”

“Enough!” Jaejoong suddenly shouted, jumping to his feet.

I was going to ignore him when I made eye contact with him.

I was taken aback.

His eyes were filled with hurt and anger as he glared down at me. I was speechless.

“Jaejoong?” His mother’s voice sounded from the kitchen. “Are you okay?”

Jaejoong continued to glare at me as he forced a deep breath. “I just need some fresh air.” He answered before storming out the living room out the front door.

A heavy silence fell upon us.

I forced myself out of it and huffed, “I told you he was sensitive.” I leaned back in the couch.

“I’ll…I’ll go check on him.” Hyungjoong offered.

I glared at him, watching him follow after Jaejoong. “Jerk.” I murmured when he was gone.

Yoochun frowned at me, “This time, you really went too far.” He said in disapproval.

I ignored him. The last thing I needed was to hear his bull.

He noticed this and suddenly became infuriated. “You know what. I’m not even going to help you out on this one. You brought this upon yourself. If Jaejoong never talks to you again, then so be it. It’ll probably be better for him anyway.” With that, he stood up and left the living room.

I folded my arms, sinking deeper into the couch. Junsu was the only one who remained in the room with me.

“Jaejoong seemed really hurt.” He finally spoke. A moment of silence fell between us again. He stared at the ground for a moment before looking at me. I continued toto stare straight ahead at nothing. “If you like him, why can’t you just tell him? Ii f you don’t want him to go with Hyungjoong, why can’t you ask him not to?” He questioned. It sounded more like a plea than anything else.

“That’s just how I am. If he can’t accept who I am, then he doesn’t deserve to have me.” I answered firmly.

A disappointed frown fell on his lips. “But will you be able to accept losing him?” He countered quietly.

I didn’t respond. I couldn’t respond with the lump that formed in my throat.

He let out a heavy sigh, “It’s okay if you don’t like him. I just hope you don’t leave here with any regrets.” He stood from the couch. He finally walked out the living room

Please log in to read the full chapter