You're My Miracle

Blue Flame
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Yunho’s POV*

The next coming months were hell. It was much harder than I expected. I kept my word and apologized to the families on whom I skipped out on our “dates”, which was honestly more humiliating than I anticipated. I was far from sorry for skipping out on them, and I’d do it again if given the chance. But I had to make it as believable as possible to please my mother.

Of course, she took advantage of my deal on doing whatever she wanted. Just as she said, she created a schedule for me. It wasn’t as packed as the one my dad gave me, but it did take all day and I hated it more than my father’s schedule.

She had etiquette lessons that I was required to take every day and perform during my meetings with whomever she set me up with and other useless lessons about presentation and the history of her family and political faction. On top of that I had to spend a week with the person she set me up with and their family. It was hard enough trying to appear interested for a few hours, but I had to keep up the act for an entire week so the person and their family wouldn’t catch onto me. It didn’t help that my mother was there for most of those days.

My father on the other hand didn’t do anything other than make sure I followed through with my word. He only required that I spend a couple of hours training on combat every day and take lessons on histories and strategies of war a few times a week. That wasn’t a problem. Those were my favorite classes and I’d spend all day training if I could. But that wasn’t enough to suppress the bull I had to go through because of my mother.

The most unbearable activity that my mother made me do was stay in the kingdom. She did not allow me to go on my trips to the Fertility Kingdom. I hated her for it, but once more I had to listen, I couldn’t even argue with her over it.

I was starting to question if Junsu was right. Is this all worth it? It was starting to feel like a lose situation the more my mother grew pleased with me, and the more successful our meetings became.

I was reminded otherwise every time I received a letter from him. He sent me encouraging letters to work hard on anything and everything I do, even if I don’t’ like it.

I wrote Jaejoong earlier about my idea about having him come for Lover’s Month. He was delighted by the idea and agreed to come. I didn’t give him any details aside from the fact that Yoochun and Junsu were going to pick him up, where he was going to stay, and what Lover’s month was (which to my surprise, he already knew a little bit about). I wanted to keep everything else a surprise. He couldn’t know that this was all for his birthday. It had to be a surprise.

I spent my free time speaking with the palace’s scientists, researchers, botanist, and gardeners on recreating the plants and flowers from the time of which the dragon lovers were said to have existed. I had them work on the project far from the palace at the edge of the city.

As it came closer to Lover’s Month, I made the reservations at a hotel for Jaejoong to stay at and started other preparations.

Despite all the excitement for love’s month, the months leading up to it were dreadful.

I missed Jaejoong more and more every day that passed. Nothing interested me. Jaejoong was the only thing on my mind. All I wanted to do was see him, but instead I had to meet a bunch for strangers I didn’t care for. It was growing irritating and almost unbearable.

 

 

I stared out the vast landscape of the palace garden, counting the ever so dreadful seconds. It was the last day before Lover’s Month and I had one more task that my mom wanted me to complete, and it was to go on a stupid date with one of her favorite “prospects”. It was extremely hard to pay attention.

We were currently having lunch under the pavilion in the palace gardens that my mom set up.

The day will be over soon, and I’ll be free. Jaejoong will be here by tomorrow morning, and then-, “This is ridiculous.” A voice pulled me from my thoughts.

I dragged my eyes from the garden to the person that was sat on the other side of the small round table across from me. My mom wanted me to spend all day with this girl, who apparently is the heiress of one of the wealthiest noble families in the country. She warned me not to mess this up, or whatever. I let her talk on and on about whatever. I didn’t pay attention. I didn’t care.

“Is there a problem?” I asked emotionless.

She frowned. “You haven’t been paying attention to anything I’ve said.” She called out.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. “Yeah I was.” I lied lazily.

“Oh yeah? Then what’s my name?” She challenged.

I stared at her.

She stared back relentlessly.

I let out an irritated groan. I couldn’t keep up the act anymore. It was exhausting. “Look. I have a lot of stuff on my mind. I’m a busy person.” I told her.

She scoffed at this, “Now you look. You’re not the only one being forced to do this bull.”

I raised a slight eyebrow, taken a bit by surprise.

“But the least you can do is try to make this fun, instead of more dreadful than it already is.” She said.

“Do you want an apology or something?” I asked, still not interested.

She suddenly laughed, “Not from you.”

This time I frowned, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Whatever you think it means.” She simply said.

I growled now growing irritated by her. Who the hell does she think she is?

“And if you’re going to fake being interested to make your mom believe you, then don’t make it obvious that you’re thinking about someone else.” She continued.

My eyes widened, but quickly narrowed at her. “You don’t know anything.

She scoffed but ignored my words.

Who the hell is she? What does she know? Does she know about Jaejoong? How?! Is she one of Yoochun’s friends?! Did he tell her?!

She glanced around the empty garden before standing up. “Look, I’ll tell my dad that this was a great date or whatever, but we had to end it early because I felt sick. I’ll tell him that as long as you tell your mom the same thing.” She suddenly looked as if she was in a rush now.

I looked at her suspiciously, “Where are you going?”

She let out an annoyed huff. “It doesn’t matter. Do we have a deal or what?” She said impatiently.

I frowned at her rudeness, but her offer was tempting. “Deal.”

She was oddly elated by a single word. “Great!” He entire demeanor changed as she happily grabbed her purse and other belongings. She then put on her large tan floppy hat and gave me one last look. “By the way, my name is Nayoung.” Those were her last words before she hurried away.

“Tch…I knew that.” I muttered, not really caring anyway.

Once she was out of sight, a large smile grew on my lips. This bull was finally over! I’ll never have to do it again!

I jumped from my seat and went back into the castle.

I walked down the halls an uncontainable smile on my face. Tomorrow, Jaejoong will be here and everything that happened these past months will finally be worth it.

It was still a long time until then. Maybe I’ll train for a few hours and go to bed early. Everything was pretty much prepared, all that was left was for Yoochun and Junsu to return with Jaejoong. My smile grew larger.

“Yunho.”

My anticipated excitement instantly vanished as a groan escaped my lips. I reluctantly turned around to find my mother approaching me. She looked at me confused. “Where’s Nayoung?”

I stared at her for a few seconds before realizing who she was talking about. “She had to leave early. She said she wasn’t feeling well.”

Her eyes slightly widened.

“It might’ve been something she ate.” I brushed off.

She frowned at this, “I knew I put out too many sweets. It’s a shame, you two seemed to have been getting along well.”

“Yeah, well, we agreed to meet again on our own terms. It felt too suffocating having stuffed planned by our parents.” I lied.

Nonetheless, she was very pleased by my words. A smile appeared on her full red lips. “Well, why don’t you do something during Lover’s month?”

“She said she wanted to spend it with her family.”

I was now growing irritated.

“That’s fine. I have other families that have contacted me, saying that their children want to meet with you again. They have plans to attend the festivities of Lover’s month and want to attend them with you.” She was easy to move on to her ‘other candidates’.

“No.” I shut down earning a an eyeroll from her, but she didn’t argue, knowing that she couldn’t break our deal under my father’s orders.

“You need to let go of this childish thinking of hating Lover’s Month ad take part of your country’s most important month.” She lectured instead.

“Can I go now?”

She let out a deep breath but slowly nodded.

I raised an eyebrow at her softened expression as a smile returned to h

Please log in to read the full chapter