Love Me or Leave Me

Blue Flame
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Jaejoong's POV*

I folded the last of my clothes in the satchel. I tied the string tightly and patted it. It was the only thing I was bringing with me. It was filled with my necessities for the trip and a few set of clothes. I had clothes left at home and I could always buy more once I get a job. We were set to leave tomorrow early morning.

Sungha’s friends were really nice after getting to know them a little more. I was actually excited about going on the trip with them. It felt like it was more of a fun escapade than running away.

I placed my bag on the bed and picked up the white note I had spent the past few days writing. It was a letter for Yunho. It was a short one. I didn’t want to tell him too much. I didn’t mention my pregnancy but told him that I’d be visiting for a while and that I would write him when I planned to return. I needed to take care of my parents as they were getting older.

Guilt overwhelmed the weight of my shoulders. I hated lying to him. But what could I do? It was the only way to keep him from coming after me.

A knock sounded at the front door. I hurried downstairs and answered it.

“Changmin?” I let him inside a bit surprised and embarrassed.

He was carrying two large satchels with him. I hadn’t seen him at all after I told him about my pregnancy.

“I’m sorry.” He instantly apologized. “I didn’t mean to yell at you. I-I was just…scared.”

My eyes slowly widened. His eyes were glossy.

“I-I avoided you because I was embarrassed. I knew I hurt you…I-I just didn’t know how to face you. But you can tell me anything. I will he-,” I pulled him into a tight hug feeling warmed by his presence. His body stiffened but relaxed.

“I’m so glad to see you,” I whispered.

I worried for him, but I also didn’t know how to approach him. I had put too much pressure on him.

“I’m sorry Jaejoong.”

I paused as I heard him sniffle and hiccup. I quickly pulled away from him. Tears were streaming down his cheeks.

“D-Don’t cry. You didn’t do anything wrong.” I assured him but it seemed to only make things worse. He cried harder. I ran my fingers through my hair unsure of what to do. I placed my hands on his arms and a light glow appeared beneath my palms.

His crying gradually calmed down. His crying morphed into a freaked-out expression. He stared at me. “What did you do?”

 

“I calmed you down…I didn’t want you to cry or feel hurt over something that you had every right to be upset about.” I told him.

He stared at me. His ears grew a light shade of pink.

I chuckled at this and ruffled his hair, “Don’t feel bad. It was all my fault, and I’m going to fix this myself.” I told him proudly.

He frowned at this and looked away.

I glanced at his bags and raised a curious eyebrow. “What’s with the bags?”

“I’m going with you.” He quickly straightened up.

“Wh-What?”

“I told you I before that I was going to go the Fertility Kingdom with you. I hate it here.” He reminded.

I nodded and smiled, “I’m sure we have room for one more.” I didn’t argue against it. It was his decision, and I honestly didn’t have a good argument as to why he should stay. His family abandoned him, and he hated it here. Why should he stay?

“You can stay the night if you’d like. We’re leaving right before dawn.” I informed.

His face lit up at my offer. I laughed taking his answer as a yes.

I went to the kitchen and made a quick snack for him to eat while I prepared the guest room for him to sleep in.

He came in just as I fluffed the pillows.

“Jaejoong-ah…” He suddenly said.

“Hm?” I tucked the pillows in their designated spot.

“Were you going to leave without telling me?”

I paused and looked up at him. “Of course not. I was going to tell you tonight after baking some guava bread as a goodbye gift.” I told him honestly.

A small smiled appeared on his lips, “You can still make the guava bread.”

I laughed at his suggestion, “Oh yeah? Will you help me? We can make some for the other guys on the trip.”

He nodded and ran out the room. I laughed and smoothed out the blanket before following him int o the kitchen.

Changmin had already washed his hands and started taking out the needed utensils. I went to wash my hands when a sudden bang came from the front door.

We stopped what we were doing. I narrowed my eyes slowly moving away from the sink. I motioned for Changmin to leave out the back door before turning back around. Just as I stepped out the kitchen, I bumped into someone. I nearly lost my breath. However, I immediately sighed in ultimate relief. It was Yunho.

However, he looked furious. I backed away from his threatening aura. He looked angrier than I’ve ever seen him before.

“Yun-,”

He brushed past me and stormed to Changmin. Before I could realize what was happening, he punched him in the face.

A squeal involuntarily escaped my lips. Yunho punched him again, knocking him to the ground.

“Stop!!” I shouted but he ignored me.

I ran to him and grabbed his arm. He shoved me back. I slipped, falling to the ground.

“Have you gone insane?!” I screamed at him.

Changmin’s eye was swollen. Yunho hit him again.

My entire body convulsed. Tears streamed down my cheeks. I made eye contact with Changmin who quickly glared at Yunho. My heart pounded in rage, guilt, and pain.

I stood back up and jumped on his back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him backward.

We wrestled on the ground until I was pinned beneath him. His raging eyes widened as he stared at me. I narrowed my eyes at him and kneed him in the stomach followed by a kick in his groin.

He groaned in pain, holding his stomach. With a free hand, I quickly pressed all the pressure points of his upper body, draining energy from each key point. Seconds later he fell on top of me.

I shoved him off and ran to Changmin, who was already sitting up. His nose was bleeding, and his eye was swollen, threatening to change color. I slung the younger’s arm over my shoulders and helped him up onto his feet.

I took him upstairs to my bedroom, furthest away from Yunho. I propped him on my bed before grabbing a first aid kit from the bathroom. I muttered several apologies as I wiped ointment over his bruises. I was about to use my energy to heal the rest of his wounds when he caught my wrist.

You need to save your energy.” He sounded exhausted. “You used it on me earlier and you used it to stop him.”

He was right. I used my ability to block his strength and energy, so he was temporarily paralyzed. But none of what I did required a lot of energy on my part.

I went to protest but he spoke before I could start. “You can’t keep using your ability on other people anymore…at least for now.” He glanced down at my stomach. “I don’t know how it works, but I’m sure it’s not okay.”

“I’m fine. I can’t-,”

“Please.” He implored with desperate eyes.

I didn’t understand. I can help him. Why didn’t he want my help? I sighed, reluctantly giving in. The last thing I wanted to do was argue with him after everything that he just went through. He gave me a small reassuring smile.

“Rest here,” I ordered, standing up.

He nodded and laid back on the bed. I put the first aid kit on the nightstand in case I needed to use it again. “You can still stay the night if you want. I’ll come back and check on you later.”

He nodded again and closed his eyes, shifting comfortably in the large bed. I took a final glance at him before leaving the room. He was already seeping into a deep sleep. I locked the door behind me. Though I doubted Yunho would try anything else, I didn’t want to risk Changmin getting hurt anymore, especially because of me.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before treading downstairs. I needed to calm myself. I couldn’t trigger another rage fit from him, but at the same time, he wasn’t going to get away with this. He crossed the line for the final time.

 

 

He was sitting on the couch in the family room. The paralysis had already worn off, probably only a couple of minutes ago. I slowly approached him, swallowing back the anger that returned as soon as I saw him.

He looked at me. A burning vehemence was still kindling in his eyes but this time it was meant for me. I stopped a few feet away from him. A silent rage swarmed between us, neither of us knowing how to say what we needed to get out.

I had nothing to say to him. There was no excuse he could give or that I wanted to hear that could make any of this okay. I already had a strong hunch as to why he came anyway. He found out I was leaving.

“You have to leave.” I finally told him.

Unsurprisingly enough this made him more furious. “That’s what you have to say to me?” His voice was low and indignant.

I didn’t respond. That was all I had to say to him. I stood my ground and waited for him to leave. His jaw tightened, veins piercing from the side of his neck.

He jumped from his seat. “That’s it? You want me to just leave, so you can run away?”

I remained silent.

He slowly shook his head. “You promised,” His expression faltered to that of hurt and betrayal, but he wasn’t going to change my mind.

He gritted his teeth in irritation, “Say something!!”

I continued to stare at him, I crossed my arms keeping a stern look toward him.

He laughed when I didn’t respond, “You’re not talking to me for what? Because of him?”

My eyes slightly widened, “You crossed the line by beating him up for no reason.” I quickly said. I stood guard; afraid he might com

Please log in to read the full chapter