It's You

Blue Flame
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Yunho’s POV*

“Meet your father?!” Jaejoong’s voice shrilled in the bedroom.

Yoochun and Junsu waited outside with the carriage for us. Jaejoong insisted on showering and changing before going to the palace.

“The King of the Fire Kingdom.” His voice strained as he ran his fingers through the dark waves of his hair.

“It’s not that big of a deal,” I assured him, though I was also surprised by the unexpected invitation.

He looked at me as if I suggested something insane. “Yunho. He’s the King of this nation. The ruler of it.” He stressed.

I frowned. “You didn’t react this way when you found out who I was.”

He snorted as if I made a ridiculous comparison.

“I’m the crowned prince!” I defended.

“I hated you before I even knew who you were and hated you even more after that. You acted nothing like a prince.” He simply stated. “Not a real prince at least.”

“Real Prince? What’s a real prince?” I challenged. What would he know?

He stopped to think about it. “Well, real princes are dressed nicely, they’re neat and clean. They walk and talk with purpose and meaning. Their eyes are firm, but their smiles are gentle.” He began, “He’s approachable and caring. People are comforted in his presence. He’s thoughtful, mindful of others, generous, knowledgeable…And when he speaks his words are sweet and warm to your ears.” He smiled to himself. He lulled to the side at his imagination of some weak prince.

“Tch.” I scoffed at the unrealistic idea, snapping him out of it.

His dream-like smile faded when you looked at me.

“You…” He walked up to me, “…are the complete opposite. You’re the devil prince, ready to take anyone’s head that crosses you.” He poked my chest accusingly.

I smiled at the short description. “I like that better.”

“Of course you do.” He sighed, walking away. “I don’t even have anything nice to wear.” He groaned, returning to the so-called problem at hand.

I walked up behind him, wrapping his arms around his waist. “It’s not a big deal.” I tried, not exactly sure how to calm him.

“There’s a bunch of clothes I bought for you. Yoochun and Junsu picked them out. There has to be something.” I tried again, leading him to the walk-in closet.

 

 

It took over a half-hour before he finally chose something to wear, clean up, and change. He quickly rinsed and cut the fruit we picked and offered them to Junsu and Yoochun before we finally left for the palace.

It was a silent ride. Jaejoong stared nervously out the window, his leg shaking up and down. I’d never seen him nervous before. It was kind of cute. At the same time, it was frustrating. I didn’t know how to calm him down or make him feel better.

I rested my hand over his knee, nearly causing him to jump. He looked at me with wide eyes.

I smiled at him. “Trust me,” I whispered. I didn’t know what my father was up to, but I’ll protect him no matter what. I won’t let anything happen to him.

 

 

We arrived at the palace hours later.

I stepped out first and helped Jaejoong down from the carriage. I led him inside the palace, Junsu and Yoochun following closely behind us.

Jaejoong’s eyes widened when we entered the castle, gawking at the interior design. He’d probably enjoy a tour of the palace. I made mental note to show him around whenever both my parents are out. Whenever that’ll be (preferably soon).

“Yunho!” I heard my mother’s shrill echo throughout the halls.

My eyes widened.

I glanced back at Yoochun and Junsu, who already caught on.

Jaejoong noticed our silent exchange, “Wh-,”

Yoochun and Junsu quickly covered his mouth and pulled him out the hallway before he could ask.

My mother turned the corner as soon as they disappeared.

“Yunho.” She narrowed her eyes at me.

I took a deep breath, preparing for her wrath. I hadn’t seen her since I ruined my date with Hajun and his family. However, I wasn’t prepared for the hand that knocked my head to the side.

My cheek stung as I looked at her with wide eyes. She’d never hit me before.

“How dare you embarrass me?!” She dropped her hand. “How dare you embarrass me and then disappear like a coward?!” She was furious, as expected.

I couldn’t blame her, after all, I pretty much humiliated Hajun in front of her and his parents and then left, leaving her to deal with the consequences. But she had it coming. I didn’t say anything bad. I just told him the truth. I wasn’t interested in him and would never marry him even if my life depended on it, I’d rather die.

“Do you know all that I’ve done for you? And this is how you repay me?!” She continued, her voice ringing in my ears.

I let her go on until she realized that I wasn’t listening. This only made her angrier. “You…”

“I have a meeting with father.” I stopped her. “About the person I'm going to marry.”

She stood there stunned by my words. “What?” She blinked.

I leaned forward by her ear. “He’s already here. Do you want to embarrass yourself even more?” I whispered.

She took a step back and held a long glare at me before stomping away.

I sighed in relief once she was gone. “.” I cursed. My jaw really did hurt from her slap.

That was close. I can’t let her see Jaejoong until we speak to my father.

“Yunho!” Jaejoong ran from his hiding place, nearly crashing into me. He searched me with concerned eyes, a frown pouted his lips. He rests his hand on my cheek. His palm suddenly warmed and the pain instantly went away.

I carefully moved his hand and smiled, completely forgetting what just transpired. I quickly kissed his lips. “Don’t worry about me.”

His frown deepened. “You were…”

I took his hand and pulled him toward the dining room before he could start.

 

 

 

Four guards were posted at the dining room doors. Probably to keep any advisors from snooping around and to prevent my mother from baring in. The four of them bowed when we approached them. They opened the double doors, allowing us inside. However, they blocked Yoochun and Junsu.

“Yah. What’s the deal?” Yoochun frowned.

“No one else can come in.” One of the guards told him.

“Yeah, this isn’t something for kids.” Another remarked.

“Let them in.” My father’s voice called from the other end before Yoochun could make some sassy remark.

The guards paused before reluctantly stepping to the side.

Yoochun smirked, sticking out his tongue as he passed them.

The doors slam behind them once we were all inside.

My father was sat at the head of the long table at the far end. He surprisingly seemed stronger than before, as if he wasn’t sick at all. The four of us bowed to him. He raised an eyebrow at me before directing his eyes to Jaejoong.

Jaejoong inhaled deeply, never releasing his breath. I took his hand, causing him to look at me. I didn’t say anything and led him to the table.

 

Jaejoong and I sat at my father’s right-hand side (with me sitting closest to my father). Yoochun and Junsu sat across from us.

“Thank you, you two, for your help.” My father thanked the two youngest members.

“It was no problem.” Yoochun shrugged causally.

My father let out a short chuckle, catching us all by surprise. “You’re just like your parents.” He noted.

“Y-Yeh…” Yoochun nodded awkwardly.

My father slowly turned to Jaejoong, the two immediately locking eyes. Despite his uncharacteristic nervousness, Jaejoong managed to hold my father’s hard stare.

It was silent for a few seconds before he gave an approving nod. He glanced down at Jaejoong’s finger and raised a curious eyebrow. “You must be the one that my son wants to marry.”” He finally spoke.

Jaejoong slowly nodded, “Yes sir-Your highness.” He quickly corrected himself.

“What’s your name?”

“Jaejoong. My name is Kim Jaejoong.”

My father nodded. “Nice to meet you Jaejoong.”

“It’s an honor to meet you, your highness,” Jaejoong responded, earning a lazy nod from my father. He waved his hand to the side, and at that motion, servants came in with our food.

“Jaejoong, tell me about yourself.” My father asked once everyone started eating.

Jaejoong put his fork down before answering. “I’m an herbalist.” He began. “I sell medicines and other light remedies at a small shop here in the city.”

Jaejoong went on about the work he does and his hobbies. My father asked him several questions about where he’s from, his experiences, his family, and why he came here. Surprisingly, it wasn’t like a random pop test with questions coming out as bullets towards Jaejoong. Instead, it seemed as if he was genuinely trying to get to know him. Nonetheless, his eyes were still hard and cold as usual.

Jaejoong answered all of his questions well and thoroughly, despite being a nervous wreck not too long ago. In fact, he was confident, respectful,and didn’t stutter once! I couldn’t help but feel pride in this. There’s no way my father couldn’t be impressed with him.

 

“I would like to speak with Jaejoong alone.” My father suddenly announced.

I looked at Yoochun and Junsu, waiting for them to leave.

“That means you too Yunho.” He said.

I slowly turned to him. “I’m not leavened seated, refusing to leave him alone at inside this palace.

“You don’t want to embarrass yourself in front of our guest?” But my father wasn’t having it.

I understood his underlying threat. He always followed through on them. I could care less if he had guards drag me out the room, but Jaejoong’s concerned eyes forced me o

Please log in to read the full chapter