Evanesce

Blue Flame
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Jaejoong’s POV*

I stared at my vacant room, taking in the last of it. There wasn’t anything special about it, since I’d been used to seeing it all my life, but it’ll soon become a distant memory. It wasn’t all that empty. All of my furniture remained. Yunho insisted that I didn’t need it, that he provided everything I needed in the Fire Kingdom. The only things I packed were my books, notes, plant seeds, some small Knick knacks and pictures and most of my clothes. I left some clothes behind for when I come to visit (which I intend on doing).

I also packed half of my savings and left the other half for my parents. They refused it until we argued about it before they finally gave in. I chuckled at the memory. We don’t argue a lot, but when we did it’s over silly things and there were never hard feelings afterwards.

I smiled softly. I was going to miss the Fertility Kingdom, my home. Most of all, I was going to miss my family.

A sudden embrace wrapped from behind me, a pair of arms circling around my waist. “Are you having second thoughts?” He whispered in my ear.

I shook my head. “I’m just getting in a few last moments.” I assured.

“I’m going to miss it too.” I could hear the disappointment in his voice.

I looked at him.

If it were up to me, I’d move here with you.” He said for the nth time.

“Here?” I questioned. “In this small cramped space?”

He nodded, slowly smiling at the idea. I shook my head, not even wanting to know what he was thinking.

“Then you’d have to learn to farm with us, and eat 2 meals a day, since there won’t be a prince to pay 10 times the price for our herbs. You’d have to get a job and carry your own weight. My mother would spoil you, but my dad and I would put you to work.” I told him the reality of if he stayed, but this only made him more thrilled.

“Then I could work with you and we could visit the garden very day after work.” He added onto my list.

I laughed but nodded anyway.

A frown returned to his lips.

“Don’t be upset. The Fire kingdom is just as good.” I told him, but he wasn’t convinced.

“Yah. You should be happy that I’m going to your home kingdom. It doesn’t matter where we are, all that matters is that we’re together, right?” I lightly shoved him.

A smile slowly crept back onto his lips. “You’re right.” Excitement lit his eyes.

I laughed at how easily his emotions were swayed. “We should probably get going now.”

He hummed in response but pressed his lips against mine instead. I felt his tongue urge for entrance, but I gently pushed him away. “The others are waiting for us.” I reminded.

“So?” He questioned indifferent.

“So, let’s go.” I broke from the embrace and left the room first. I heard him groan before following.

 

Everyone was outside just as I thought.

“Took you long enough.” Yoochun remarked. He and Junsu came to help with driving.

“I knew it was a bad idea for Yunho to get you. You guys did-,”

“Bye Jaejoong.” Hyungjoong spoke before Yoochun could finish.

I gave him a grateful look in which he responded with a warm smile.

“Mr. Lee and I are going to miss you at the shop. It’s hard to imagine it without you.” He said. “But I know you’ll do great in the Fire Kingdom. We’ll just have to manage. But make sure you visit often and write me.”

“Of course. I promise.” I promised.

His smile grew warmer.

I walked to my parents and immediately hugged them both, not wanting to let them go.

“You know I’m proud of you.” My father said as the embrace ended.

I nodded.

He smiled in approval. “You are smart, and capable of anything. Trust yourself. Remember that.”

I nodded once more and whispered an airy thank you. My throat suddenly felt tight and my eyes moist.

When I turned to my mother, she was already in tears though she wore a large smile on her lips.

“Umma~…” I groaned.

“I’m not crying because I’m sad. I’m crying because I’m overly excited for you.” She defended. “My son is dating a prince and is going to live with him.” She beamed.

This time I laughed. “I’m going to miss you.”

More tears streamed down her cheek. “Don’t say that as if you’re not going to visit. If you wait too long, I’m going to assume that you had kids.” She said wiping away fast tears.

My face burned. “Umma!”

“I should start turning your room into a nursery.” She was now wiping her tears with her handkerchief. Though she was crying, I knew she was serious.

“Umma…” I couldn’t even argue with her, she was going to make me cry.

“I love you.” She hugged me again.

“I love you too.” I squeezed her back.

I hugged my parents one last time before finally joining the others. Yoochun and Junsu were already seated at the front of the wagon taking on the first leg of the trip.

I was surprised to find Yunho standing by the wagon with a saddened expression and gloss-filled eyes.

“Are you crying?” The words slipped from my mouth without a second thought.

“No!” He blurted.

I looked at him wide-eyed.

He cleared his throat.

“No, I wasn’t. I was looking in the sun for too long, so my eyes started to sting.”

I laughed at the lame excuse, making his ears burn red. “I’m telling the truth.” He demanded.

I continued to laugh.

He frowned. “Let’s go.” He gave up climbing onto the back of the wagon first. I followed him.

I waved a final farewell to Hyungjoong and my parents as we took off. I continued to wave until their figures had grown too small to see with the eye.

 

The trip wasn’t as bad as my first experience. I made a bunch of herbal medicines, and Yunho brought remedies from his palace along with stacks of pillows and blankets for me tot sleep on. I was surprised but touched by his thoughtfulness. He was really trying, and he truly cared. It left a warm feeling within me.

 

 

We arrived at the

Please log in to read the full chapter