In My Room

Blue Flame
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Yunho’s POV*

I scrunched my brow. Why do I feel so hot? Why do I feel so cold?!

I groaned, feeling a sharp pain in my head. I shifted in my sleep, but my movements were restricted. What the heck? A sharp cough suddenly escaped my throat, forcing me awake.

I gasped, finding it difficult to breathe. What the heck? Where am I? I tried to look around, but my vision was blurred. I was growing frustrated, but I was forced to wait till my vision focused before looking around again. The first thing I saw was Jaejoong.

Jaejoong??

I furrowed my brow even more.

He was sat on the floor. His head was laid on the bed, with his arms tucked underneath. His hair was slightly mess as well. Next to him was a small bowl with some weird dark green liquid inside and a cup next to it.

I looked around the rest of the room. It took me a while to realize where I was.

My eyes widened. How did I get here? What happened? Why don’t I remember anything? Why-, “Arg!” I grabbed my head in agony as another sharp pain spread throughout it, followed by another harsh series of coughs. I moaned miserably. I felt like .

At that moment Jaejoong suddenly woke up. His head shot up. His eyes darted around the room until his eyes landed on me. His eyes grew wide, “You’re awake!” He exclaimed with joy.

I stared at him. I’d never seen him so happy to see me before. In fact, I’ve never seen him happy to see me at all. It’s always been the opposite. Am I dreaming? Is this another weird dream like…

I stopped my thoughts, not wanting to think about it.

“Are you okay?” He asked me in concern, seeing the varying amount of expressions on my face. I stared at him in confusion. “Wh-What are you talking about? How did I get here?” I struggled to speak, it hurt to talk.

“You went unconscious from hypothermia, because you were in extreme cold for too long.” He explained.

My eyes widened.

“Thankfully Yoochun and Junsu brought you here on time, so we were able to warm you up. But you were unconscious for over a day and half. 38 hours to be exact.”

I studied him, processing what he just said. It took me a while, but I caught on.

He looked exhausted. Weariness was prominent in his eyes. “You look tired.” I commented.

Jaejoong rubbed the back of his neck. “I’ve been staying up the past two nights to check on you, and make sure your temperature wasn’t dropping. I only had a few hours of sleep.” He confessed.

I frowned at this. I was about to say something but was cut off by a third, and harsher series of coughs. I dropped my head back, in pain. Everything hurts.

“I made different herbal medicines for you. This’ll help with any pain you have.” He handed the cup. I weakly grabbed it and slowly drank it. I nearly choked for drinking while lying down.

“You have to at least raise your head.” Jaejoong noticed this, shaking his own head. “Here, let me help you. You’re probably still too weak to move.” He scooted closer to me and propped his arm under my head and carefully lifted it.

I felt extremely uncomfortable by our closeness. Surprisingly, he wasn’t fazed by it at all. Has he been doing this, this whole time? Or was he too tired to care?

“Here, this’ll help with your coughs and clear any congestion.” He handed me the bowl.

I looked down at the green lumpy stuff inside. I made a face and did not take it.

Jaejoong sighed, “Take it. You need it.”

I shook my head.

“If you don’t take it. I’ll have to make you.”

I stared at the bowl. There was no way I was going to put that in my mouth.

“Yunho.” He said impatiently.

I shook my head no.

He sighed. He took the bowl from my hand and tried to put it in my mouth. I shut my mouth tight. “You need to take it in order to get better.” He argued, now getting frustrated. “No!” I refused to open my mouth.

To my delight, Jaejoong gave up. He removed the bowl and his arm.

I sighed in relief. I dodged a bullet.

Or…so I thought.

I had no idea what happened next, but next thing I knew, Jaejoong had jumped on top of me. My arms were suddenly pinned to the bed by his legs.

My eyes widened in panic.

“You are taking this.” He pinched my nose and forced my jaw open. Before I knew it, the medicine was poured down my throat.

I had no idea what just happened. It all happened so fast!

Ii whined once the bowl was empty. The medicine was horrible. Jaejoong shook his head, “You really are a child.” He climbed off of me.

I looked at him in disbelief. Where did that suddenly come from? And why? Isn’t he tired? He shouldn’t have been able to do that!

“How do you feel?” He sat down on the bed next to me.

“I feel like .” I groaned. “I feel even worse because of that medicine.”

He rolled his eyes.

“everything hurts.” I continued. “I feel hot and cold. And I have a massive headache.”

He felt my forehead with the back of his hand. “You have a fever.” He diagnosed, removing his hand. “You didn’t even check my temperature.” I coughed.

“There’s no need to take your temperature to know that you have a fever after everything that happened.” He said as if it were obvious. “I’ll be giving you medicine every few hours. You’ll need to have soup for the next couple of day

Please log in to read the full chapter