Wish On The Same Sky

Blue Flame
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Jaejoong’s POV*

The sound of crashing dishes snapped me out of my thoughts before accidentally bumping into the shelves in the kitchen. I let out an exasperated sigh. This was the third time today this happened, and I’d just finished washing them an hour ago.

I reluctantly knelt down and slowly picked up the dishes.

Hyungjoong entered the shop kitchen to find the source of the noise. He chuckled when he saw that it was me again. “You should’ve taken the day off.” He teased.

He knelt down to help me gather the fallen dishes.

“And leave you to handle the shop by yourself?” I remarked.

He shrugged, “I’ve been told I’m a pretty good multitasker.” He beamed cheekily. I couldn’t help but laugh a little.

We stood up and gathered the dishes in the large sink. He dried and put them away as I washed them. I subconsciously drifted off in thought again.

I was drawn back to reality when cold sprinkles of water fell across my face. I blinked a few times before turning to the grinning culprit. I frowned at him.

“You were doing it again.” He defended.

“Sorry.” I returned to the dishes, willing my mind to stay focus. I didn’t want to have to do this for a fourth time.

“You don’t need to apologize, I understand.” He tried to assure me. “But this isn’t like you.”

I looked at him.

“The Jaejoong I Know is very attentive, assertive, and always on top of things, you’d think he ran the place.”

I shook my head, slightly appreciating his light-hearted comments.

“But seriously…are you okay?” he asked the question that I knew he’s been itching to ask for the last couple of months.

“I’m fine. I’ve just been thinking a lot.” I brushed off.

He stopped what he was doing. “Jaejoong.” He looked at me with disapproving eyes. “I’ve known you since we were kids. Your weak lies won’t work on me.” He stated sounding offended. “I already know it has to do with him.”

I paused.

It’s been over 6 months since I returned from the Fire Kingdom with Yunho. And it’s been 6 months since I’ve last saw him.

I didn’t think much of it, since we sent letters frequently. But it only lasted for a few months. The last letter I received with him was two different plans he came up with where we could see each other without me leaving the fire kingdom. Of course, they were implausible ideas, but I responded, playfully encouraging his imagination. He hasn’t written back since then.

“I’m just worried about him. Last time I saw him he really didn’t want to go back home. I just want to know if he’s okay. It’s-,”

“You should go.” He cut me off.

I sighed. “Don’t say that. You wouldn’t even move if you were in my situation.”

“Yeah I would, if it’s to be with the person I love.” He argued.

“What about your parents?” I knew he cared about his family more than anything else.

He shrugged. “I’d bring them with me I can, but if I can’t, I’d still go. They’d force me to go anyway.” He chuckled at the thought. “I would be apprehensive about it, but if I have no other choice, I’ll go. I know my family would be fine on their own. And if they ever needed my help, I’d be back in less than a second.” He smiled.

I didn’t say anything.

“He’s the crowned prince.” He continued. “You’ll have to move to the Fire Kingdom soon or later if you plan on being together for the long term. Unless, you’re fine with sending letters and seeing each other occasionally. But as he gets older, he’ll only become busier.”

Hyungjoong paused, contemplating on whether or not he should say his next sentence. “…he might have to marry someone.” He said almost regretfully.

My shoulders fell at the truth of his words. I hardly saw Yunho as a prince, sometimes I forget he even is one until someone mentions it. He’s hardly treated like a prince when he’s here since he hides his identity.

It was all starting to catch up to me now.

His absence was starting to take its toll. I missed him. I worried for him. I constantly prayed for him. I wondered how he was doing. Is he having trouble with his lessons? Is everything okay with him and his parents? What is he doing right now? How is he feeling?

I wanted to be with him, but I didn’t want to leave my home or my parents.

“If it makes you feel better, I can help your parents out if you decide to leave.” Hyungjoong offered.

“Why are you pushing me to go?” I finally asked.

“Because it’s clear that you love him, and you just don’t realize how much.” He stated.

My cheeks involuntarily burned at his words.

He laughed at this, “And you dumped me for him. So, you might as well make it worth it.” He winked.

I lightly pushed him, falling deeper into embarrassment. “We weren’t even dating.”

He only laughed in response. “Seriously, I don’t want you to make a decision you’ll regret.” He said, becoming serious. “No one is saying you have to be there forever. You can try it out for a year or so and see how you like it. That way you won’t risk losing anything.”

I only nodded. He was right, but I still didn’t know what to do, I couldn’t leave my parents. It was becoming frustrating.

 

 

We closed a couple of hours later. Instead of walking home together, I stayed in the city insisting Hyungjoong to go ahead without me. I needed time to myself. I needed to think.

I don’t know how long I walked for, but I found myself leaving the city and walking to my favorite park by the lake. It wasn’t far from the school I attended a couple of years ago. It was my favorite place to think and do homework.

However, I couldn’t sit. I was too anxious. I couldn’t think properly. All I could do was walk, trying to force myself to think rationally and not emotionally. Hyungjoong was right, Yunho was right. They were both right. But aren’t I right too?

I’m not wrong…but how do I know what decision is the right one?

A whine slipped through my lips

I fell to my knees in final dejection.

My legs were weary from hours of walking.

Great. Now how am I supposed to get home? I won’t be able to make the long walk back home in this state.

I should’ve gone straight home. My roaming ended up being nothing but a waste of time.

A blush-colored petal fell on the ground before me. I scrunched my brow when a second one fell, followed by a third one. I recognized the leaves but….

I slowly looked up.

My eyes widened, “How did I end up here?”

I carefully stood back to my feet, hesitantly walking deeper into the quiet garden, not believing what I was seeing.

I tried looking for Queen Konomi’s garden several times before but could never find it without the ring.

I walked past the small pond in the center to the other unexplored side. There were even more trees. A bank of pink covered the ground, creating a dusty trail between the grass. I came across another encirclement of trees. There was no pond in the middle, instead it was just a large patch of emerald green grass.

There was a gold and white large hammock on the

Please log in to read the full chapter