Desire

Blue Flame
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Yunho’s POV*

Our swords clashed, piercing sounds throughout the training grounds. We fought unrelentingly against each other, not allowing the other the chance to gain the advantage. But it was in vain.

I smirked as I locked my sword with his. I twisted the metal out his grip and pushed him to the ground. I pointed the tip of my sword only centimeters away from his neck.

The 16-year-old grumbled under his breath and pushed my sword away from him. I laughed watching him reluctantly stand and pick up his sword. “You have some work to do.”

He rolled his eyes. “Why do you always make me fight you?” He whined.

“I’m training.” I told him.

“You’re supposed to train with people better than you.” He grumbled. “You’re just bullying me at this point.”

“Then hurry up and get better than me.” I smirked crookedly.

“Bully.” The younger grumbled bitterly.

“Yunho!!” Someone yelled from afar.

I groaned already knowing who it was. Junsu perked at the sound of his savior’s voice.

“Yah, I was looking for you everywhere.” The servant boy approached us.

“Hi.” Junsu greeted the elder shyly.

The long-haired boy turned to the shorter member. He raised a curious eyebrow. “Did you lose again?”

Junsu frowned at this. “He was bullying me!” He defended angrily.

“How are you going to be the son of one of the most respected knights in the kingdom and so bad at fighting.” Yoochun was not impressed.

The youngest member gripped his sword angrily. “You guys are jerks! I don’t even know why I hang out with you!” He stormed off the training grounds.

The two of us laughed at his childish behavior, knowing well that he’d get over it and come back soon.

“Speaking of jerks.” The 17-year-old turned to me. “I spent the last half hour trying to find your .” He was not happy. I rolled my eyes. “Do you forget who you’re talking to?”

“I know exactly who I’m talking to.” He confirmed shamelessly.

“You have no fear.” I scoffed.

“You’re right. I don’t.” He smiled wickedly.

I studied him curiously. “You know, I can have you kicked out the palace or even killed if I wanted to.”

He laughed to himself. His smile became more wicked than before. “But you wouldn’t. Because then you won’t have any friends.”

“I still have Junsu.” I argued only to receive a fit of laughter from him. “He only hangs around you because of me.” He smirked.

“You’re a cocky bastard.” I remarked beginning to grow annoyed. He was the only person who knew exactly how to annoy me and boldly did so for his personal gain. We had known each other since we were extremely young. His parents were the head servants of the palace, so we grew up in the palace together.

I hated him in the beginning and threatened several times that I’d get him kicked out. But he was never phased by my threats. It only seemed to fuel him even more to annoy me and pick fights with me. He’s a crazy bastard. Yet, we somehow ended up becoming something close to friends.

“Anyway, your pops want you.” He had absolutely no ounce of fear in him. Which was probably why I liked him. “He strictly ordered for you to come in 5 minutes.”

I raised an eyebrow. “But didn’t you say it took you half an hour to find me?” I questioned.

“Oops.” He smiled. “You’re right.” He simply patted my shoulder and walked past me, whistling delightfully to himself. I shook my head and put my sword away before entering back into the castle.

 

 

I walked through the lightly decorated hallways until I reached his study. I pushed the large double doors opened, not bothering to knock.

 

The fire king frowned not appreciating my intrusion. “Have you forgotten all your manners?” He remarked.

I flopped down onto one of the cushioned seats on the opposite side of the desk. “You called for me?” I ignored his remark.

The old man growled under his breath. He dropped his pen and looked at me with an unforgiveable glare. It was nothing new. “I called you hear to discuss your lessons.” He went to business.

An irritated groan escaped my lips.

“You’ve been skipping your lessons, and when you do attend them you don’t pay attention, nor do you do your work.” He continued on to tell me things that I already knew. “I’ve warned you several times Yunho. How many times do I have to tell you, now is not the time to be fooling around? You are next in line to the throne. And you’re 17, everything you’re learning from the point on is vital.” He lectured.

He looked at me with stern eyes. “I don’t want to treat you like a kid. But you’re proving to me otherwise.”

I watched him curiously as he shuffled through his paperwork. “I’m going to have a strict schedule for you to follow, along with rules and severe punishments that follow if you break them. They will be in effect as of tomorrow. You’ll be so busy that you won’t have time for anything outside of the schedule.”

I hold back the urge to let out another groan, knowing that it’d only make my situation worse. You seriously gotta be kidding me.

“I was informed that you arranged to go to the fertility kingdom early than usual.” He began again. “I’m impressed that you managed to write a letter to King Kwon to let you in early, and that he agreed.” He nodded in approval.

I smirked to myself. I didn’t dare to say anything. Truth was, I got Junsu to write it, since his communication skills were more…humane, I guess.

“We’ll have to postpone that trip for later.”

My smirk vanished.

“I’ll write a letter to King Kwon, apologizing for the mix up.” He continued.

“Wh-What?”

“And I’ll have someone else go and buy the herbs.”

My eyes grew wide. “No!” I nearly burst.

He looked at me a bit surprised. “I-I have too. For your health…” I straightened up.

He looked at me suspiciously. “You’d care less if I was healthy or not. I’m sure you’d care less if I died.” He remarked. I scoffed at his response. “Besides, I’m going to send someone else to pick up the herbs. So, we’ will still be getting them, if you’re so concerned.” He narrowed his eyes at me.

I took a deep breath, forcing myself to calm down. Flying my tongue around wasn’t going to help in this situation. “You shouldn’t just send anyone. You need to send someone you trust. That’s why you sent me in the first place, right?”

To my surprise, he busted out laughing. I was completely thrown off. I know that I didn’t say anything absurd. So, what was so funny?

He continued to laugh, not saying a word. It was beginning to grow annoying. “Anyway, I should still continue to go. I’m the only one you can trust for the job.”

It wasn’t until another couple of minutes later when he finally stopped laughing. “I can find someone else for the job. You need to focus on your work.” He became serious again.

My frown deepened. “Dad please.” I was growing desperate. “I will do better with my lessons. I’ll follow whatever schedule you set for me. I’ll do better. I can handle my work and still get the herbs. Don’t underestimate me.”

He raised a surprised eyebrow at my sudden begging. He studied me closely. It was silent between us.

My father and I weren’t close. In fact, none of us were close to each other.

My parents were married through an arranged marriage set up through their parents. They only got to meet each other a few months before their marriage. Unfortunately for them, they didn’t get along. They didn’t hate each other, but they weren’t fond of one another eith

Please log in to read the full chapter