Man In Love

Blue Flame
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next morning, I woke up early and left for my trip to the fertility kingdom. It was over a-week long trip to the fertility kingdom. However, the trip to the foreign kingdom strangely became less and less dreadful. It was weird, but I didn’t mind it. On the other hand, the trip back was increasingly unbearable.

 

 

“Oh! Yunho! You’re early.” Ms. Kim was the one to answer the door when I arrived. It was weird that she dropped all formalities after my first few visits. Surprisingly, I didn’t mind. I actually kinda liked her. And it was something that seemed to annoy Jaejoong a lot. Which made it all the more better.

“Come in.” She opened the door wider, allowing me inside.

“Honey~! Yunho is here!” She called, shutting the door behind me. However, there was no response. “Oh, he’s just working in the back.” She brushed off, leading me into the kitchen. I glanced through the back window to find Mr. Kim working alone in the yard. I was a little relieved that he was busy.

I sat in my usual spot at the kitchen table while Ms. Kim talked my ear off while making some kind of snack. I only half listened, glancing around the house.

I furrowed my brow. “Where’s Jaejoong?” I finally asked, trying to be as casual as possible.

Ms. Kim paused for a minute, seeming to fight back a smile. “He’s in class right now. He won’t be back until tonight.” She assured.

“Tonight?” I repeated a bit surprised and disappointed.

“Yes, he takes lessons with one of the best professors in the kingdom, not far from the palace.” She explained. “It’s pretty far from here, so he won’t be back until late tonight.”

I was surprised by the news. The palace was far from here. It takes me about 2 hours to get here from the palace by carriage. “I can pick him up.” The words slipped from my mouth without a thought.

This time she looked at me in surprise, but delight was prominent in her eyes. “Really? Are you sure? You just got here. You just had a long trip.”

I shrugged, “I’m fine. It’s not safe to be traveling alone that late. Plus, I should stop by the palace to let King Kwon know that I arrived.” I tried to play it off as nothing. “Great!” She cheered. “First eat something before you go. I’m almost done.” She hurried with her work, oddly more excited than before. I guess she was glad that her son wasn’t going to travel alone tonight.

I ate the small meal she made before heading back out on the road. I only took my horse with me. There was no need to hauling the wagon around back and forth. It’d only slow me down anyway.

 

 

The trip to the palace was much shorter than usual since I was able to move at a faster pace without the extra luggage holding me bac. And I garnered less attention without it (thankfully).

 

“Yunho!” The fertility prince was the first one to greet me when I arrived at the palace. “Jiyong.” I grumbled, peeling myself free from his suffocating hug. “I was wondering when you were gonna get here.” He said.

“I wasn’t planning on coming here.” I remarked.

He pouted at this. “I skipped all my lessons waiting for you.”

I rolled my eyes, knowing that that was a clear lie.

“Where did you go then?” He asked.

“I went to the Kim’s house.” I answered.

He paused at my words, but his devious smile quickly appeared on his lips. I immediately regretted coming here.

“Did you come here for Jaejoongie?” He questioned, a melodic tone in his voice.

I let out an irritated sigh. Why does he ask so many unnecessary questions? Can’t he mind his own business? “I came to get him because his mother asked me to. She was worried about him returning him alone.”

To my surprise he didn’t believe me. He rolled his eyes in response. “You guys are idiots.” He remarked.

I narrowed my eyes at him, studying him suspiciously. “How do you know Jaejoong? Why did you recommend me to go there?” I finally asked.

“Jaejoong is my friend!” He said as if it were obvious. “I recommended him to because his family has the best herbs.” He smiled cheekily behind his lie. He was clearly lying. There was more to his intentions than what he was giving out, but I didn’t bother to ask him any more questions. It was probably better if I don’t know the truth behind his attentions anyway.

“But he didn’t talk to me for a week after he found out I told you to go to his place.” He pouted at the memory.

“What?” I was taken by surprise by the added information.

“Yeh. He said you were rude. You were the worst human he ever met. That’s what he said.” He explained.

I frowned at him.

“He really hates you.” He clarified.

I rolled my eyes. “I didn’t’ come here to be insulted. I came to pick him up…and…I need your help looking for him.” I murmured the last part quietly, but he heard me anyway.

The 16-year-old’s eyes brightened. “You need my help?!”

I didn’t respond, not wanting to repeat myself, already regretting telling him. It can’t be that hard looking for Jaejoong myself anyway.

“I know where he is.” Jiyong said. “We don’t have much time. He’s gonna leave in a few minutes~.” He whistled when I didn’t respond.

I groaned internally. “Fine. Yes, I need your help.”

He perked back up. “Let’s go!” He grabbed my sleeve and dragged me out the palace doors.

 

 

We ran out the castle, off the palace grounds. The fertility prince talked my ears off as we walked further and further away from the palace, talking about how the three of us could all hang out together. He was extremely delighted by his idea of having us sleep over at the palace. This was a mistake. I concluded in thought.

Every now and then we had to hide away from the guards and palace staff that were searching for the missing prince. I was beginning to think that he didn’t even know where his “best friend” was. That this was all an excuse for him to avoid his duties and just annoy me.

 

“There he is!” he announced after 20 dreadful long minutes. We spotted the older teen exit a small fancy school building with a girl that hung on his arm. I was about to approach him when Jiyong stopped me. “Wait.” He grabbed my arm. I glared back at him in irritation. But he ignored my glare. “Siwon?” He gasped, staring in front of him.

I turned back around to find a tall and somewhat kind of handsome, black-haired noble approach Jaejoong and the girl. The two of them seemed just as surprised as Jiyong when the noble greeted Jaejoong.

The girl at Jaejoong’s side spotted us first. She ran to us, leaving Jaejoong alone with the boy.

“Iseul, what’s going on?” Jiyong asked when the young girl joined us. “Shhh…” She hushed; her attentions till on the two boys. I narrowed my eyes at her before looking back at the other two.

“Oh, Hi Siwon.” Jaejoong bowed to the noble. “Hi Jaejoong.” The supposed guy named Siwon greeted shyly. An awkward silence fell between them.

“Can…I help you with something?” Jaejoong asked a bit confused.

“Oh no…um I mean…yeah…you can. I mean only if you want to.” The taller male panicked. To my surprise Jaejoong chuckled at the boy’s pathetic behavior. “Sorry.” The Siwon guy blushed in embarrassment. “I’m just nervous.” He confessed.

“It’s okay.” Jaejoong gave him a gentle smile. It was a smile I’d never witnessed before.

“Who is this jerk?” I asked now getting annoyed.

“His name is Choi Siwon. He’s from one of the top noble families in the fertility Kingdom.” Jiyong answered. “I heard that he has the biggest crush on Jaejoong.” The Iseul girl whispered. “What?! Seriously?” Jiyong gasped. Iseul nodded.

“No, he doesn’t.” I scoffed. “Who’d have a crush on him?”

But the two ignored me, listening to the conversation of their friend.

I frowned, seeing Jaejoong and the jerk now talking and laughing.

“Um, I was actually wondering if you had any plans next weekend?” The Siwon asked, once he finally grew some.

“No, I don’t have any plans.” Jaejoong innocently answered.

“Really?” Siwon asked surprised.

I rolled my eyes. That’s what he said!

Jaejoong nodded.

“Oh wow…well, I was wondering, if you don’t have any plans, if you would like to be my date to the winter ball next weekend.” Siwon finally asked.

Loud gasps came from the two younger members on my left. I frowned. “Winter ball? What’s that?”

“Shhh…I want to hear his answer.” Jiyong shushed me.

Jaejoong looked at the taller member ins hock. “I…” He was speechless.

I bawled my fists, anger rising within me. Just say no.

“Say yes!” the other two pleaded in whispers. I looked at them as if they had gone crazy.

I glanced back at Jaejoong and the jerk.

“I um…” Jaejoong tucked his hair behind his ear, a blush forming on his cheek. It was clear that he was uncomfortable. He obviously needed help.

Without a wasted thought, I marched up to the two and pushed my way in between them.

“What the?” Jaejoong stumbled back. His eyes widened when he saw that it was me. His demeanor completely changed. “What the heck are you doing here?” He nearly snapped.

I ignored him and turned to the noble jerk. I narrowed my eyes at him, “He’s not going with you to any stupid winter ball.”

“Pardon?” the jerk questioned in surprise.

“You heard me. I’m not repeating myself.” I growled.

This time the noble frowned. “If you’ll excuse me your highness. I don’t mean to be rude, but I believe I was having a conversation just between Jaejoong and I.” he spoke as politely as possible. It was disgusting.

“I said…” I grabbed Jaejoong’s wrist, who was trying to push me away. “He’s not going with you, because he’s going with me.”

“What?!” Jaejoong screeched.

I gave the now confused Siwon jerk a wink before walking away, dragging Jaejoong with me.

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” Jaejoong snapped when we caught back up with the other two. Jiyong and Iseul looked at us in shock.

“Let go of me!” The furious Jaejoong swiped his arm away from me.

“You should be thanking me. I saved you from that ert.” I argued, offended by his ungratefulness. He should be happy. I didn’t have to do anything. I could care less about othr people’s issues. He should be honored.

Instead, his frown deepened. “Save me from what? All you do is come and ruin everything! I didn’t need your help with anything!”

I opened my mouth to respond, but Jiyong beat me to it. “What a delightful plot twist!” he cheered, clasping his hands together in delight. Jaejoong and I looked at him as if he’d gone crazy.

“I was really excited that Jaejoongie would go to the ball with Siwon, but instead he’s going with Yunho hyung! This turned out much better than I thought. Don’t you think so too?” He beamed. Iseul nodded in agreement, sharing his joy.

Jaejoong sighed, his body relaxing at his friends’ glee. “I’m not going anywhere with him.” He broke it to them.

The two pouted in disappointment. “Why not~?” They whined.

“Are you serious?” Jaejoong looked at them in disbelief. “He was lying.” He pointed at me.

I scoffed in offense. “No, I wasn’t.”

This time all three of looked at me in bewilderment.

I stared back at them surprised myself. I didn’t actually mean it. Jaejoong was right. It was a lie, but my pride got the best of me. He keeps accusing me of being a jerk when the real jerk is that Siwon bastard.

I’ll prove him wrong. And when I do, he’ll come back to me on his knees apologizing about how wrong he was about me and begging for my forgiveness. A pleased smirk etched on my lips. “That’s right. I’m taking you to that ball thing next weekend.” I announced proudly.

Jiyong and Iseul cheered in delight. However, Jaejoong frowned, “You don’t even know what it is.”

“Yes, I do.” I argued.

“Then what is it?” He folded his arms.

I huffed in disbelief. “I don’t have to prove anything to you. What matters is that I know that I know what it means.”

He rolled his eyes, “You are unbelievable.”

“This is great! So that means you’ll be staying here for two weeks?!” Jiyong exclaimed.

Mine and Jaejoong’s eyes widened at his words. Neither of us had thought that far.

“This is amazing. I’ll have a room set up for you in the palace, close to mine! It’ll be like a two-week long sleep over. It’ll be so much fun.” Jiyong grew more and more excited by the idea.

My eyes grew even wider. I was horrified by the idea. Prince Jiyong was the only prince that I tolerated, only because I was forced to. Otherwise, I hated him. He was the most annoying human being on the planet. Staying even a week with him would be the death of me. “No!!” I shouted at the thoughts of torture that invaded my mind.

The younger teen looked at me in hurt.

“I-I can’t stay with you.” I cleared my throat. “Because~…because I’m staying with Jaejoong.” I quickly said.

“What?!” This time Jaejoong’s eyes shot wide in horror.

Please log in to read the full chapter