Loving Someone

Blue Flame
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Yunho's POV*

My heart pounded rapidly in my chest. “You can’t do that! Dad already blessed our wedding!” I jumped from my seat.

“That is true, but he was not in the proper state of mind the past few months, so his decision could have been done without any proper basis. Which is why we are able to overturn his decision with a vote.” She explained calmly.

I shook my head. “You’re lying! He was in the perfect state of mind. He was perfectly fine, and you know that!”

“This concludes our meeting. Thank you all for your attendance and cooperation. I will see you again at the end of the mourning period.” She dismissed.

The men all stood and bowed to her before leaving them. Only one stayed behind.

“Thank you, your majesty, for choosing my daughter. It is truly an honor.” The advisor thanked.

“Thank you Joowon for your patience.” The Queen returned.

The man nodded, “I will be sure to inform my daughter as soon as I get home.”

“That will be good. We can get things running from there. We have a lot to do.” My mother approved.

My chest tightened. I could hardly breathe, blood rushing through my veins for oxygen for anything.

The man bowed to her and walked out the room.

My fingers curled into tight fists. This can’t be real. They can’t be serious. My jaw tightened. Why does she even care?! “I’m not marrying anyone other than Jaejoong.” I told her firmly.

She frowned, “This is not up for discussion. The decision has bee-,”

“I told dad that I would not marry anyone else no matter what.” I growled at her.

She glared at me, now angry.

Dad said I-,”

“Your dad’s not here!” She spat furiously, taking Yoochun and I by surprise.

“He is not here. You will listen to what I say from now on.”

I narrowed my eyes at her, feeling everything burn within me. “I told dad and so now I’m telling you. Jaejoong is the only person I want to be with. I will not marry anyone else. If you won’t respect that, then find someone else to be your ing pet.”

Her eyes slowly widened at the threat. “Don’t you…” She gritted her teeth.

I turned around, not sparing her a single look.

“Yunho don’t you dare walk out of there!”

I ignored her and pushed the doors open, leaving the room. Yoochun followed close behind me.

My mind was on fire, thoughts running wildly and in coherent through my mind. I should’ve know she’d pull something like this…and those stupid advisors. I clenched my fist. It doesn’t matter. I won’t marry anyone else. They cant’t make me. I won’t be obligated to them anymore.

“Yunho!” My mother’s voice called me, hearing her heels clack out the room, but we were already far down the hall.

“Yunho don’t you dare denounce your title!”

I hurried my pace.

“Yunho!” Her voice grew more ragged, “You denounce it and you’ll never be allowed near the palace. You’ll be banished from this country!”

Her threats were nothing but thin air. She’s just making my original plan easier.

“If you take one more step, I’ll have him executed!”

I froze.

“I’ll send guards right now and have him prepared for execution.”

I slowly turned around, “You can’t do that. You have no reason to.”

She shrugged, “It doesn’t matter. The advisors won’t challenge it. Afterall, he’s just a foreigner. He’s not even a noble. No one will think twice about it.”

All the muscles tightened in my body. “It’ll look bad on you. The people will lose respect for you.

“They’ll get over it.”

I shook my head, not believing what she was saying. “Y-You wouldn’t do that. Y-You wouldn’t. You wouldn’t go that far to…” I paused meeting her eerily calm, resolved eyes.

“You don’t know anything about me Yunho. Do not underestimate me like your father.”

I laughed shaking my head again, “I don’t’ believe you. You wouldn’t do that.” She wouldn’t risk losing her image. Nor would she go as far as to kill anyway.

I narrowed my eyes at her, “Stop wasting my time.” I turned back around and walked away.

“Jinwoo!” She called angrily.

The guard at the throne room door quickly ran up to her. “Yes your highness?”

“Get General Shin.” She ordered.

I stopped in the middle of my steps.

The guard paused at the name of the executioner. “G-General Shin?” He repeated.

“Did I stutter?” She sneered.

“Y-Yes your-,”

“Don’t’ you dare move from your spot!” I spun around.

The guard froze. He glanced from me to my mother. I grabbed at the sword at my hip. “Take another step and I’ll kill you right where you stand.”

“Kill him.” My mother challenged. “I’ll just get him myself.”

I clenched the handle of my sword.

She cocked an eyebrow.

My eyes burned and my teeth scraped each to her, fearing her next words.

“So, what will it be?”

My blood ran cold, and my throat twisted into knots. “Y-You wouldn’t…”

She turned to Jinwoo.

 

 

*Changmin’s POV*

I slowly stretched my arms only for them to be stopped by a cushioned wall. I looked to find that I was on the couch. My eyes moved heavily as I looked around the room. To my surprise, Jaejoong was on the other couch. The memories of yesterday quickly flooded my mind.

I fell back into the couch and smiled to myself. It was the first time I celebrated my birthday, and it was actually nice.

I heard shuffling from the other couch followed by a yawn. I quickly sat up to find him waking up.

His mouth stretched wide as he yawned, making his eyes curl into moons. He slowly sat up and arched his body in a longer stretch. “Good Morning,” He smiled at me, his messy hair covering half of his face.

“How did you sleep?” I asked.

He opened his mouth to speak but paused. He slowly looked around him. His eyes widened in realization. “I’m so sorry.” He quickly apologized. His cheeks burned a light pink.

“It’s okay. We stayed up pretty late and got tired,” I assured him.

He nodded half-heartedly. He quickly scrunched his brows and sniffed himself as discreetly as possible. He groaned, his cheeks turning a deeper shade of pink.

I chuckled at this, “You can shower here.”

He thought for a moment.

“And then we can eat breakfast together,” I quickly added.

He looked at me a bit surprised.

I sunk into the couch, an uncomfortable fuzzy feeling beating my brain. His lips curled in amusement. “Sure.”

However, I was unable to look him in the eye, despite feeling relieved, “The guest bathroom is this way.” I got up first and led him to the room. All the guest rooms were upstairs for they’d been where my father and his family slept. I was assigned to the only bedroom downstairs, furthest away from everyone.

“Everything you need is in here. There are clean towels in the cabinets. There are clothes in the room next door. You can choose whatever you like.” I explained.

Jaejoong gave an empty nod, his mind wandering with his eyes as they tried to quickly explore the area, “You have a really nice home.”

I paused, “If…If you want a tour…I can give you one.” My neck suddenly felt itchy as I reached to rub it.

“That’ll be great!” He beamed, “I’ll hurry up and shower.”

I nodded after he shut the door and retreated downstairs. I let out a relieved breath. Despite getting completely embarrassed over nothing, I still felt good. It was nice having Jaejoong here in my house. It was a weird open feeling, like waking up on the first day of spring, where the air is clearer and soft to touch.

“I should open the curtains.” Jaejoong always had his curtains and windows open. I quickly went to each window and pushed the drapes aside.

I pushed aside the final set of drapes at the large front windows. I suddenly stopped. Three royal guards walked up to Jaejoong’s house.

I furrowed my brow. They were dressed in their military uniform, which it wasn’t unusual considering the King’s recent death. They usually wore their uniform in the time of mourning to pay respects to the new and old king and as a symbol of protection over the country as it transitions to new leadership. However, no one from the palace never came to Jaejoong’s home before, except for the eccentric servant and the young guard.

I guess it wouldn’t be out of the ordinary, considering that he was engaged to the prince. But the jerk usually picks him up himself. I didn’t trust it.

They knocked on his door. However, they clearly didn’t receive an answer. They tried a few more times before seemingly giving up, until they caught me staring through the window.

“.” I quickly shut the blinds. Why were you ing staring? You already know that no one was going to answer. “Whatever.” I could care less if they found me creepy, as long as they don’t bother me.

But I couldn’t help but wonder what they wanted with him. They were probably just going to bring him back to the palace. I frowned. That stupid palace. I balled my fist. If I could…a sudden knock sounded at my door.

I froze.

The knock sounded again.

I was tempted to ignore it, but they already knew I was here. I forced myself to the door and opened it. “What do you want?”

The three guards immediately bowed. “Sorry to bother you sir, but we have an urgent message for your neighbor, Sir Jaejoong.”

I scrunch

Please log in to read the full chapter