Extra-2

Misfit Mismatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is the venue ready yet?"

"We're a little behind schedule but it should be ready before the concert."

Yoochun looks at his secretary visibly annoyed, "That will not do. It's Youngwoong's first concert since her wedding. I will not accept anything but a perfect comeback."

The secretary is a little flustered to respond to that scolding. Fortunately a lady barges just then. "President Park, I have five endorsement offers for Youngwoong-ssi."

That's the kind of news Yoochun wants to hear. "Great! Let's go discuss with Youngwoong right now."

Yoochun and a bunch of others head to the studio where Jaejoong is supposed to be rehearsing. Yoochun is expecting Jaejoong and her dancers practising intensely. Maybe they're catching their breaths during a short break.

What he sees though, in the studio are a group of dancers with solemn faces talking amongst themselves. Other staff and crew are scattered in various corners looking worried over something. The whole crew is here but no Jaejoong.

"What's going on? Where's Jaejoong?" Yoochun asks but he's honestly dreading an answer.

The occupants of the room look at each other, trying to nominate the one who would answer. Jaejoong's coordi steps forward without a prompt. "President Park... Jaejoong is... She got a phone call and she just ran out of here. We don't know where she went."

"Joohyun-ssi went with her." Adds another stylist.

Yoochun is now rightfully worried. He has his secretary confirm with the front desk that Jaejoong did not leave the premises and her Bentley is still in the parking lot. Yoochun went as far as having the security check surveillance footage to find Jaejoong. 20 minutes later he was informed that Jaejoong is in a recording studio a floor above.

Yoochun doesn't waste time going to the stairway but the sounds of footsteps following him feel daunting. He has a feeling that this is a sensitive situation and Jaejoong needs a friend. His professional entourage of eight people don't seem appropriate. "All of you stay here." He orders and goes up the stairway alone.

"Joohyun-ssi!" Yoochun finds the manager outside the studio. The stress is obvious on Joohyun’s face and it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with his charge’s impending comeback.

The man barely acknowledges Yoochun and wordlessly opens the door. Yoochun follows Joohyun into the studio and finds it empty. "She's in there." Joohyun points at the glass panel and Yoochun finally sees her.

Jaejoong is sitting on the floor of the recording room, just under the glass panel. Only the crown of her head is visible and it's hard to tell what she's doing.

"Some guy from the army called." Yoochun's blood goes cold when Joohyun speaks. Please don't let it be something dreadful. "They won't tell us details but... Yunho-ssi and his convoy have been missing for more than a week." Yoochun breaks out into cold sweat. He's had this nightmare one too many times. "We're getting information very late but they've sent a team to look for them. They found the trucks that were carrying them abandoned about two days ago. No sign of them."

Joohyun peeks at Jaejoong for any sign of movement. "They said we should be prepared for when they declare Yunho-ssi... all the soldiers MIA... and sign an NDA."

"The !" Yoochun lashes out, kicking the nearest thing which happened to be a chair. "They should be looking for him. Why the are they planning a cover up first!? Dammit!" Yoochun lets out his fears and frustration violently, kicking objects or throwing stuff.

When he flings a mug that was lying there on the floor, Joohyun throws his arms around him. "President Park!" Joohyun keeps a vice-like grip on the younger man till his tension dissipates. "President..." Joohyun whispers with dread, looking ahead.

Yoochun follows his line of vision and finds himself looking into huge doe eyes just above the edge of the glass panel. The eyes are so fearful yet weirdly curious. The eyes suddenly disappear and a few seconds later the door of the room opens.

Yoochun and Joohyun hurry out of the room just as Jaejoong is crawling out of the other door. They don't say anything as she stands up and dusts her sweatpants. She wipes her face with a sleeve while holding out her phone with her other hand. "Hold on to this please." Joohyun takes her phone, briefly checking if she got any update from the army.

Jaejoong is fixing her face with her hands as Yoochun watches. He's willing to give her a time off for as long as she needs. He's about to tell her so when Jaejoong abruptly claps. "Okay! Time to rehearse."

"Jaejoong..." Yoochun wants to tell her she doesn't have to push herself but the embarrassment of his outburst earlier makes it difficult to even put on a strong front.

"It's okay." Jaejoong says instead, "I'm fine. You're also fine." She pats Yoochun's head like a puppy, "And Yunho is also fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter