-10-

Misfit Mismatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Well this is pleasantly unexpected! Who would've thought that news of them working on a movie together would put an end to the rumours just like that.

When they went to their managements to finally talk about getting some time off for their wedding Changwook found out that the romantic movie he was in talks with has been offered to Minyoung, Jaejoong, and Taejoon. There's also Park Seojoon and Lee Joongi who have already signed on but the story is centered on Minyoung and Jaejoong's characters. The writer was looking for actors who have displayed strong chemistry on and off screen both romantically and as friends.

So even though Minyoung will once again be paired with Seojoon they agreed to the opportunity to work with their friends and decided to be professional about it.

Now thanks to that, people think that their dates are part of their job. They don't mind since they still go out together. Meanwhile their agencies want them to hold off on making a statement yet. They're free to go out in public and keep the interest in them going.

Also they have a month off as soon as Changwook completes his first drama since his discharge. They plan to pick a date during that for a wedding depending on the award shows they have to attend and a couple of magazine interviews they are scheduled for during that time.

Minyoung though decides to pull out of the drama and get a headstart on filming the movie with Seojoon and Joongi. That way she can free up more time to plan the wedding together. And after their wedding, Changwook will join the production. Taejoon will wrap up his drama by then and Jaejoong will be slowly getting back to work then too.

Minyoung feels really inspired by Jaejoong right now. Where marriage and having a kid would be considered the end for a female entertainer's career Jaejoong is making a steady comeback simply because she loves her job. Jaejoong says she wants to work as long as her body allows it and there are people who look forward to seeing her. She doesn't want Changmin to be some excuse or reason to quit and instead wants to be better for him. Also Yunho and a dependable staff help her balance work with spending as much time with her baby.

That includes Yunho building her a personal home studio for her to already record her next album and also make one too many recordings of Changmin's crying, giggling, and squeals.

Minyoung wonders if the time for her to be a mother comes will she also be able to keep working. She loves acting and being in front of the camera and she's certain that this shared passion is what attracted her to Changwook too. When she mentioned it to him in passing during a cake tasting, he said that she should keep acting as long as she can if she's happy. He even declared she should break this stereotype around female entertainers, telling her they should bring their future baby to their sets because "how cool is it to be in this industry!"

That alone has her daydreaming while supposedly watching the scene she just filmed on the monitor imagining doing the same while holding a small hand of a tiny human she'd call her baby. "

That's decided then. Everybody back to your places. We begin in 10." The director suddenly calls out while she was distracted and everyone disperses from the monitor.

Minyoung panics and quickly follows Lee Joongi with whom she was filming this scene. "Sunbae..." she whispers discreetly before the makeup artists caught up with them, "I'm sorry but could you tell what we discussed?" She turns red, feeling like she's in school and asking a classmate for notes after dozing off in class. Joongi though understands having noticed the faraway blissful look on her visage earlier. "The director wants me to move towards the door as I speak. You do it the same way you did the last take."

"Oh okay!" Minyoung gives him a quick thumbs up and scoots to her place before her makeup artist quickly retouches her makeup. Joongi barely contains his amusement when his own hairstylist fixes his hair.

They film without a hitch after which they are informed that Seojoon is here and getting ready for his scene. Meanwhile they take a break till the next scene.

Minyoung goes to her trailer when she's informed she has a visitor. She's expecting Changwook since he said he might stop by with Taejoon to study the characters playing alongside them. But when she nears her trailer she hears a familiar wailing.

Minyoung stumbles into the trailer and sure enough Jaejoong has an armful of crying Changmin. "Surprise!" Jaejoong says almost weeping through her smile.

"Ommo~ is he hungry?"

"Yeah... but I forgot the milk back home. Would you mind if I feed him here?"

"Of course you can." Minyoung moves her bag and clothes from the bed/couch for Jaejoong to sit. "Can you get his blanket from the bag?" Jaejoong says as she s her blouse and helps Changmin feed. His wails cease instantly as he feeds with industrious determination when Minyoung returns with a white blanket and covers him and Jaejoong's front.

"He's got quite the appetite doesn't he?" Minyoung laughs awkwardly feeling a little relieved that he's no longer crying. Guess such unpredictable moments can happen if you bring an infant to the movie set.

"Mom says it's normal but I feel terrified when he gets so angry. It's like my first live performance." Jaejoong points to the other bag beside the baby bag. "Changmin got you lunch."

"Yay~!" Minyoung squeals fishing out a Tupperware of homemade kimchi fried rice and a box of yangnyeom chicken. "Ooooh! How did Changmin know Imo loves his Umma's fried rice."

"You know what happened when I was cooking? Yunho was carrying him and he came to the kitchen to check on me. And Changmin actually sniffed the air. He loves the aroma too! He'd start crying the second Yunho moved too far away from the kitchen."

"Wow! Your kitchen staff will be overworked when Changmin is older."

"Tell me about it!" Jaejoong shifts Changmin under the blanket and cosies herself against the couch. "So, award season is here. Are you going to Triple A again?" Minyoung's stops chewing the chicken for a second. "Can I find a hole and stay there instead?"

"Come on. It's not that bad. You're not even nominated this year."

"All the more reason to not go. I have nothing to do and if I go there I'll take up too much attention."

"But you have to go with the cast of Busted." Minyoung slumps, that reminder disheartening her.

Nothing against her costars. But she's still suffering from delayed embarrassment after her spectacle last year. It's a marvel that she was even invited back.

"Come on... it won't be that bad." Jaejoong nudges her, "Even Changwook is there. He's getting the popularity award remember?"

Oh yeah... Changwook will be there too. They won't be sitting together but at least she will feel better if he's closer. "You're right. It won't be that bad."

~~~

No, it was worse.

It seems that no one is willing to let her live down her big speech from last year. It seems anyone who is her senior or equal makes some allusion to her proclamation in their acceptance speeches and any junior who is kind enough to not mention it is followed by a comment by Park Narae or Lee Gukjoo.

It's hilarious to everyone but her. So much so she could strangle Kim Jongmin next to her just for the heck of it.

Gukjoo already cornered her to get a glimpse of her ring and declare she's still wearing it. As if they are anticipating something more from her.

Occasionally she'd glance at Changwook who is seated three tables away with Heechul, also a recipient of the popularity award. Neither would look at her as they seem to be talking about something intensely.

Minyoung briefly escapes to the ladies room and quickly calls Jaejoong. "I can't do this!" She says as soon as Jaejoong answers the call.

"I know... I'm watching it too. Personally I got bored of listening to jokes on you after the first 15." Jaejoong drawls, at a loss herself. "There's nothing you can do but power through it. Hurry, go back. Chul and Chang's turn is coming up."

"Okay... but after this I'm never going to an award show."

"What if you have to accept an award?"

"Technology has improved. I can send a hologram of myself."

"Sure... why don't you get through this and afterwards you can discuss plans to avoid award shows over drinks."

"I just want a new identity so I can move to Greenland."

"Done. Now go." Jaejoong hangs up before Minyoung says something more ridiculous. Her attention is back on the television where Exo is performing. That's some respite from the same tiresome joke.

Jaejoong sends a text to Heechul to at least not make a mention of Minyoung when she goes up for her award. "Are the Park Minyoung jokes still on?" Yunho asks between pacing the length of their bedroom with Changmin snoozing on his shoulder.

"You'd think they'd be tired by now." Jaejoong sniffs reaching for her phone again and checking the Internet. "What's worse, now they're speculating some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter