-15-

Misfit Mismatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minyoung can't stop biting her thumbnail. It seems to be the only thing keeping her sane right now.

She somehow got through visiting the doctor - the one who took care of Jaejoong - and confirmed she's six weeks pregnant with their wedding night baby. It felt great to know both the baby and Minyoung are healthy. Minyoung is still repulsed by food, except ice cream, and she also has an unnatural craving for Changwook which he’s thoroughly enjoying. But the doctor said it’s nothing to worry about and also said Minyoung could work for as long as she wants to.

With that mood they spoke to their managements who were honestly helpless after that Instagram live debacle. They understood it was an accident and also joked that it suits their public proposal show. With their management's help they made an official statement confirming the pregnancy and on Minyoung's request decided to handle her work issued with her pregnancy as they come because she couldn't just let herself get benched while she's pregnant.

That brings her here with Changwook at writer Go Eunha's office. Because a pregnancy in the middle of filming the movie is bound to change some things.

"Are fingernails part of your craving?" Minyoung timidly looks at her husband she didn't realize returned from that little errand she sent him for. Delicately Changwook plucks her hand away from her lips and puts a spoon in it. He then opens the lid of the cotton candy ice cream she wanted and put that container in her other hand. "If you're going to live on ice cream for the next eight months, I need to have a serious discussion with Bunny." Changwook sighs, sitting on the chair next to her.

Minyoung puts a large spoonful in but doesn't feel her heart lighter. "What do you think will happen?"

Changwook shrugs, "Lot of things... first we need to clean that room we've dumped all the stuff in even we moved. I know there's one more room but Bunny should get the bigger room don't you think? And I want to paint the walls. The brown and beige is too dull for a nursery. I'm thinking white and we get those decals after the baby is born. And the grandmothers-to-be are getting a smidgen too excited which is fine but their turning a bit too overbearing."

"I'm not talking about that!" Minyoung smacks his thigh. "I'm talking about today."

"Oh today?" Changwook makes a big show of thinking before grinning cheekily, "I think you'll break your record of five pints of ice cream today."

"Yah!" Minyoung wants to hit him with the spoon but the door to this meeting room opens and Eunha and Jisung enter. Eunha spots the ice cream Minyoung hides under the table a little too late and smiles affectionately. "Ice cream at 8 in the morning... looks like the cravings are at peak."

Minyoung's cheeks tint pink especially when Changwook snickers next to her. Eunha and Jisung take a chair each across Changwook and Minyoung.

With them all seated Jisung cuts to the chase, "So after discussing with your managements we tweaked the schedules a bit. So now we can finish filming all of Minyoung-ssi's parts in less than two months. We've kept the schedule flexible for Jaejoong-ssi. I'm sure we can accommodate it for you too. But we will have to find a date to shoot the poster at the earliest. What do you say?"

Minyoung blinks owlishly processing what the director just said. Is he implying what she thinks he is? It's certainly not what she was expecting. Or is she misunderstanding something? She looks at Changwook and finds him with a mysterious smile. So she looks at the writer and director.

"Umm... are you saying you're continuing with the film... with me in it?"

Jisung and Eunha exchange a glance before Eunha speaks carefully, "We were made to believe you want to continue working..."

"Yeah but..." Minyoung almost stutters but when Changwook intertwines his hand with hers she feels a little brave. "I wasn't expecting you'd want to work with me anymore... Honestly I was fully prepared I'd have to leave or you'd decide to rewrite the script with what you already have. I mean... wouldn't a pregnant actress be a problem?"

Eunha gives an ambiguous gesture. "It could've been. But it's not this time. Besides, you recall you're character is pregnant in the end. I don't see why we have to make a problem where there isn't one."

"There's no way we'd write you off Minyoung-ssi," Jisung fervently announces, "Hana and Haneul were made for you and Jaejoong-ssi. That's why we couldn't just exchange your characters earlier. We don't want anyone else either."

"But-"

"Stop..." Changwook whispers to her but it's not like the other two can't hear it, "you're not redundant just because you're married and pregnant. So why don't you just believe the people who want to work with you and seize the opportunity. Also have your ice cream before you have another meltdown that it's melting." Changwook points at said ice cream that's making her jeans near her knee wet with condensation. Minyoung's nose wrinkles at being scolded albeit gently. Nonetheless she defiantly doesn't eat the ice cream she so badly wants to eat. "Don't mind her. She's happy with the adjustments."

"That's great!" Jisung laughs at this cute pregnant actress. "We've sent the changed schedules to everyone. We'll see you in the evening for the filming at Marriot."

Changwook agrees on behalf of his sulky wife. He bows politely to them and Minyoung follows his lead too before letting him lead her out by her hand. "Congratulations you two!" Eunha hollers at them as they leave.

 It's a minute after the door closed behind them and the writer and director were going to discuss work when Changwook suddenly returns. "She dropped something..." he smiles sheepishly, ducking below the table and surfacing a second later before escaping with a spoon.

~~~

"And scene! Okay people, we can have a lunch break before we move off site!" On the director's orders, the cast and crew disperse. The crew gets busy with the arrangements for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter