-23-

Misfit Mismatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first thing Yunho sees after stepping out of his car is two of the youngest guards in the house's security staff running around the bushes lining the driveway while the other staff laugh at their expense. Instead of walking up to the front door Yunho goes to where Yu is standing, sniggering at his two juniors looking like amateurs on a survival show.

"If this results in a lawsuit, I'm totally throwing you under the bus." Yunho's amused warning has Yu finally realise his boss is back. He bows to him in greeting first before explaining the situation. "Kang Ajhumma has tasked them to care of the recent 'infestation.'"

"We have an infestation?" Yunho peers at the driveway, trying to see what the two young guards are looking for. "Why didn't you call pest control? What is this infestation anyway?"

"Rabbits."

 "Heh?"

Yu nods, a chuckle escaping his lips. "Two of them. Wanted for breaking and entering in the pantry and stealing spinach."

"Interesting..." Yunho gets thoughtful for a second, amused about the situation. "I've lived here since I was 10 but I've never even seen a crow. But that might be my mother's supersonic annoying waves that drive away every creature." Yu barely stifles a laugh through his pursed lips. Even if it's his boss who explicitly tells him to not let his parents in till he's escaped through the backdoor, he doesn't think it would be appropriate to laugh at his boss' mother. Also Han Seungyeon has like an antenna in her which tells her if someone is participating in her son or ex-husband ribbing her.

"Our theory is the rabbits have come looking for the Bunny Princess across the street."

"Ah... that's right. They got back yesterday." Yunho looks around the estate noting that other than to flustered guards it's pretty quiet. "Where's my wife? She's usually excited about fluffballs."

"The madam had to go to an event after filming a commercial. She has to do some promotion events in Park Minyoung-ssi's place. She dropped off the little Daejang first and went to Daegu. I've assigned an extra security detail because of the change of plans."

"Oh... ask her manager when she's free. I'll call her then. Is my son inside?"

"I said the madam dropped off Little Daejang. I didn't say here." Yu's mischievous smile has Yunho shaking his head. Of course, Jaejoong would drop their son off there.

He signals for the young man who has been waiting to take Yunho's things since he arrived. He hands him his coat and bag before taking off his tie and giving that too. "I'm going to pick up the Little Soldier from his girlfriend's place. Let me know about my wife's schedule." Yunho instructs Yu as he walks down the driveway. He momentarily pauses when he sees a little brown rabbit dash around the non-operational fountain.

"Yah! You two get out of there!" Yunho shoos the two guards out of the bushes. A few others come over to help the two young men. So Yunho uses the chance to pass them few instructions. "Let the rabbits be. My wife loves them. And you two clean up and make sure you're not hurt." He was about to get on his way but pauses again. "and stop troubling the kids. Grow up for crying out loud." With that the senior guards shuffle the pouting younger guards to the staff residence under Yunho's glare before Yunho stalks off to the Ji-Park residence.

The single gate is unexpectedly open and Yunho enters without having anyone let him in. But he securely shuts it before strolling over to the house. Fortunately for his overly cautious self the door isn't open and he has to ring the doorbell. To his surprise Miran opens the door.

"Oh so you were here too!" Yunho enters the house when Miran opens the door wider. "The madam asked me to stay here and help Minyoung-ssi. They're right there." Miran directs him to the living room where Yunho can see Minyoung on the couch. When he rounds the room he finds his son too.

Changmin is sitting on the couch near Minyoung's hip and doing that thing where he soundlessly examines something he's curious about. His subject is the swaddled week-old baby in Minyoung's lap.

"Good evening!" Minyoung chirps brightly as soon as she sees Yunho.

"Good evening to you and good evening Gongjunim." Yunho peeks at the baby that woke up with his voice. Changmin lets out a little dove-like sound then and squirms in his place. "Dangyeol soldier!" Yunho does his usual playful salute that makes Changmin squeal.

Yunho looks around the house, noting only Miran seems to be the other person here. "It's awefully quiet for someone who had a baby... I had to make Changmin cry to drive away all the visitors for the first month so Jae could sleep."

"We don't have a crier. She orders us around with a squeak." Little Chaerin confirms her mother's PSA with a squeak. "Daejang can you put her in the bassinet. My legs are still shaky."

Yunho reaches for Chaerin, gesturing to Miran he got it. But the nanny nonetheless takes over once Yunho has placed the newborn in the cradle and tucks her in perfectly while Yunho returns to a demanding Changmin. He picks up his son and sits on the chair next to the couch.

"Still having difficulty?"

"Yeah..." Minyoung sighs tiredly, her shaky hands rubbing her thighs that feel like she hiked a hill and back. "That's why I don't want to see people yet. It's kind of overwhelming to have more than three people around right now. The bleeding... the numbness...It's kind of pathetic I can't even stand to pick up my daught-"

"you're not pathetic." Yunho's voice is gentle yet commanding. "This is not uncommon. Jaejoong was operating on pure adrenaline for weeks. But she was in a lot of pain too. Whenever I asked her not to exert herself she'd say the pain is nothing compared to what she felt in the last few weeks of her pregnancy.... and the first and only time she got a bikini wax."

"Yeah and I don't get a cute baby out of a bikini wax either!" Minyoung concurs emphatically.

"That's right... so stop beating yourself up and focus on recovering."

"Yeah but I still want to enjoy some peace and quiet for a while."

"Is that why you've delayed the announcement?"

Minyoung shrugs, mouth twisting in exhaustion. "My water broke on live television. I count that as an announcement."

"You terrified all your friends and they're kind of taking the flack for it."

"I know... I know... And I told them all to not visit yet. They're all so sweet for respecting my wishes and I feel selfish for not doing anything about all the stupid mudslinging they're going through... but I'm just so... so... I don't know what I am." Minyoung drops against the back of the couch in defeat. "It's become so real. I don't want to be away from Chaerin for a second but I also want to work. And I don't want crap like all that pregnancy shaming I got and I don't want to hear I'm doing for attention. And I also want to tell everyone I have incredible friends. But I know I can't have it all... so I just...I want at least a few days with my baby and husband."

"And knowing your husband he wants whatever you want..."

Minyoung looks at Yunho with a cry for help. "Am I being unfair to him too?"

"That's for him to decide... you should just talk to him once both of you are in a better frame of mind. Don’t wait till you’re not tired. Because you’re never not going to be tired from now on."

"Daejang... how do you and Jae deal with this new feeling so well?"

Yunho looks caught off guard. Do they seem like that? Coz there have been some freakouts behind the rose-tinted screen. Especially when their son is very expressive and loud with his displeasure and hunger.

"Jae and I had plenty of moments. For the first few days I was panicking whenever this grumpy Bambi cried." Yunho punctuated by squeezing Changmin's cheeks much to the kiddo's whines. "Jae was frazzled because he was constantly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter