-21-

Misfit Mismatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"A pregnancy spread?" Changwook turns on his side to face Minyoung but she uses the opportunity to snuggle his chest as much as she can with her distended belly getting in the way.

"Yeah... Vogue was so happy with how Jaejoong's thing went that they want to do something similar with me too. You know since she and I are in the movie and all.…We have complete creative control and it's up to us how much we revea- Ouch!" Minyoung flinches when her baby gets a little too active.

"I felt that. Looks like Bunny woke up." Changwook helps her sit up and she slips off the bed to waddle to the bathroom.

Changwook switches on the bedside lamps and waits, noting that it's past midnight. They returned after a full day of promotions for their movie that released and were getting ready for bed. This was the only free time they had today for Minyoung to tell him about that long phone conversation she had with her agency's director in the morning.

When Minyoung returns from the bathroom and quickly waddles out of the bedroom Changwook knows they're going to have an extended conversation too. At leisure, he rolls off the bed and drags his feet to follow Minyoung. He finds her in the kitchen, biting into a tomato while reaching for the jar of coffee.

"No coffee!" He warns making her drop the jar back on the counter and huffily go to the freezer to get a popsicle. "You said 'We'... am I going to be in it?" Changwook asks, unwrapping the popsicle for her which she holds on to till she's done eating the tomato.

"If you want to." Minyoung mumbles with a mouthful of tomato. "They said I'd be on the cover but I'm sure they'd jump to involve you too. When I said We, I meant you're the father. You get a say in how much we reveal about our baby."

Changwook is silent for a minute before he reaches for her face to thumb that little stain of tomato juice on the corner of her lips. His hand lingers there, her face knowing she enjoys that feeling. "If you want to do it, I have no problem with it. But I'd like to be there when you discuss the conditions if you don't mind." Minyoung nods in his caress, "You should sit in the conference call tomorrow. I'm supposed to give an answer then."

"So soon?"

"Yeah... I'm due in less than four weeks after all. It is about my pregnancy and it goes without saying I have to do it while I'm pregnant. And if I agree it would be next week."

"Your pregnancy has been a breeze for the most of it. So I guess it won't be too difficult."

"So you don't mind sitting for that call tomorrow. You need to squeeze in some time between getting ready for AAA."

"Oh ! We're going to that thing again!"

"Maybe I could get really bad morning sickness and don't have to go."

"You're lucky you can use that excuse." Changwook dips to give her a kiss while coiling his arms around her. "We've got a reputation to maintain at Triple A. I'm going to pack the PDA to keep the ratings up."

"Sure you will..." Minyoung holds his lips away with one dainty finger, "like you won't blush like a tomato. You're going to over-embarrass yourself till your nose bleeds."

"Oh? Is this a challenge? Should I show you what I can do?" Before she knows it Minyoung is hauled up princess style to the bedroom where her husband shows her exactly what he can do.

 ~~~

"Hyung you look horrible!" Seongwha huffs behind the camera, trying to not focus on Changwook's agitated leg shaking. But that means his anxious lip biting and shaky eyes are in focus. Even though the tux and hairstyle make for a dashing Changwook, his extreme anxiety isn't a good look for him.

"Am I too obvious?" It's a stupid question Changwook knows. His anxiety is painfully obvious.

They barely made it through the conference call where he had to do the talking because Minyoung is unwell. When they woke up late morning, she looked in discomfort. Whenever he asked her about it she'd joke that she's practicing her excuse to get out of AAA as soon as it gets awkward. They wrapped the meeting soon enough with Changwook negotiating that he will be present at the Vogue video interview and photoshoot but not necessarily be involved.

Minyoung's discomfort had grown to momentary bouts of pain. He couldn't be with her as he got dressed in a different part of the salon. Jaejoong had been getting her makeup done with Minyoung and she had told him that Minyoung sweat right through her makeup and they had to wipe it all off till she was barefaced.

A minute after she wore her dress she began weeping because the sequins were too uncomfortable over her already agitated state. So they had to change plans and Changwook had to leave first while Minyoung's stylist gets the other dress options and helps her into it.

A message on his phone from Minyoung's manager says they're on the way in Jaejoong's van and Minyoung isn't doing so good. "Hyung, you need to relax. You're going to be all over the Internet if you step out looking like you have a psychopath after you." Seongwha belatedly realizes he's still filming.

Anyway with Changwook's wordless anxious state he would've had to edit out their voices and put in some BGM to not make it look like Ji Changwook is having a panic attack.

"We're here..." Changwook's manager announces as they wait their turn to pull up in front of the red carpet.

By the time he has to alight, Changwook wills himself to slip into his actor alter ego that lets him appear normal despite whatever turmoil is inside him. It's automatic after that. Arrive on the red carpet, greet whoever meets him, pose for pictures, talk to reporters, engage in fan service. He finds Seojoon amid it all as a staff member informs them they want them to gather with their co-stars once they all arrive for pictures.

 Someone, he doesn't know who tells him that Young

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter