-4-

Misfit Mismatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minyoung had wrapped up a long photoshoot and was ready to soak in a warm bath. She made her way to the dressing room greeting staff on the way. Her stylist had been waiting for her with a change of regular clothes. But she's kind of surprised to see her manager waiting for her anxiously. "Look at this!" He doesn't wait for her to ask before he's shoving his phone in her face.

Minyoung takes the device and reads the news article it is open to. "Youngwoong's fansign yesterday took an unexpected turn when a severely injured strange man showed up. Youngwoong broke down in tears and the fansign had to be paused for 30 minutes. She came back after composing herself and said she was emotional seeing her longtime friend since he went through a difficult time. But her fans suspect that the man is actually Youngwoong's..." Minyoung looks up wide-eyed, "Is that?"

Her manager nods so vigorously Minyoung thought his head would fall off. She hurriedly returns his phone and grabs her clothes from her stylist. "Get the car! We're going to Jaejoong's!"

~~~

The front door is ajar when Minyoung arrives and she waltzes straight in. The first thing she sees is a bunch of boxes and two men moving the furniture.

"Jaejoong!" The idol peeks from the kitchen hearing her name. "Hey! Get over here! I need help." Minyoung goes over to where Jaejoong is piling plates into a box. "Can you help me with this? It's too much by myself." Minyoung starts filling things in boxes immediately. "Are you moving?"

"To Yunho's old house. His parents had been insisting for a while now... when they thought I’d be alone. Too late to back out even circumstances changed." Jaejoong sighs tiredly, "Yunho is in no state to help. He pushed himself too far and he had to go back to the hospital to get a fat dose of painkillers."

"So that was Daejang yesterday... do you know what happened?"

"He can't tell. But looking at him I don't think I want to know. And it's better that way. Wouldn't want to get Changwook in trouble for snooping around."

Minyoung pauses to observe Jaejoong, noticing her friend's sprightly energy back. "I'm glad he's back. Because now you're back." Jaejoong responds with a grin that Minyoung missed for a month. "You think you can take a break? Go out for dinner?"

"Sure. I'm exhausted anyway. I have to even look for a dress for Triple A. I'm a presenter. Are you going?"

"Yeah I'm nominated." Jaejoong looks at her with sparkling eyes. "Best actress?"

"Come on! It's only a nomination."

"It is the best drama of the year! If they don't give you the award I'm stealing it!"

"Then you better get a dress that's easy to move in." They tape the boxes that are packed and wait till the movers get the larger things in the truck. "So... will you see Daejang in the hospital?" Minyoung wants to tag along to see Yunho if Jaejoong would go. But she shakes her head, "He'll be home tomorrow. And it would be troublesome if I was there. Besides there's so much to do. I have to also instruct the staff there about Yunho's aftercare. He's already upset about moving closer to his mother's place."

"I thought after this the estrangement with his parents would subside."

"At this point it's more habitual than sentimental. Anyway... I hear Yunho's kids are dropping by to visit him."

"Who are the kids?" As if to answer Minyoung, their group chat lights up with a message from Seunghyun.

It's a photograph of Yunho in hospital garb, bandages, stitches, looking all beat up yet still sturdy and standing on his feet. He's got a rare boyish smile, possibly having to do with the three idol soldiers hugging him like little babies who found their hyung after a long time. The funniest part of the photograph is lieutenant Shin on crutches looking at them from the back with a jealous frown on his face.

"Chang is probably relieved. He was close to getting in trouble to find out what happened to Daejang." Minyoung zooms into the picture, focusing on Changwook's face that's playfully blissful. "You talk now?"

"We text on occasion."

"What about giving him an answer?"

Minyoung looks at that cute little face on her phone, so goofy and oblivious to what's about to hit him. "Oh he'll get an answer alright."

~~~

Minyoung feels her phone vibrate in her purse for the eighth time in the last hour. She knows who it is and what it is about. But she's not going to answer it and look like a mannerless idiot on live television for looking at her phone when the camera was on her. It happened in the beginning and she's still reeling from it.

That time a certain sergeant had sent her a picture of the television screen in his apartment to the Asian Artists Awards, precisely when she was on the red carpet. She had a silly grin on her face sitting next to Park SeoJoon and her co-stars in the audience, knowing he's watching her and that's when the MC made a mention of her latest drama when the camera panned to her. And then the tone of the messages changed.

Ji Changwook is jealous.

As endearing at his childish jealousy is, she can't look disrespectful on TV. But the constant texts are getting too difficult to ignore. Even the people next to her are noticing her tightly grasped clutch vibrating every two minutes.

Exasperated she gets her phone out to tell him to stop. But she ends up reading the series of texts.

Chang:

Aren't you sitting too close?

Chang:

You look too pretty \_(♥‿♥)_/

Chang:

Seriously! Do you have to sit next to him? ヽ(ಠ_ಠ)ノ

Chang:

Why couldn't you be sitting with Jaejoong

Chang:

Perfect together my ヽ(ಠ_ಠ)ノThat MC has potatoes for eyes

Chang:

Where is Jae

Chang:

Lipstick on your teeth

Minyoung immediately fixes that.

Chang:

I just noticed the earrings!

Chang:

Thank you (ღ˘⌣˘)♥ ℒ♡ⓥℯ ㄚ♡ⓤ

Minyoung's hands touched the pearl studs in her ears, a present from him on her last birthday. But it's not the only piece of jewellery from him on her tonight. Her thumb subconsciously grazed over the ring on her right hand as if reminding her it's there.

Chang:

Minyoungie so pwetty!

Chang:

Pretty pretty my baby (っ˘з(˘⌣˘ )

She read the latest texts. Maybe he's drinking Minyoung thinks. He tends to show his possessive si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter