-29-

Misfit Mismatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho and Jaejoong are squeezed on the chaise with Changmin stretched between them, stuffing his face with rice. The others each grab a chair from the stack of plastic chairs Woobin and Changwook got out of the garage that day.

But Seonmi doesn't move. In fact the gears in her head are churning to come up with a believable excuse to leave or at least go and sit inside the house by herself. Anything to just get away from Minyoung and the humiliation.

She didn't think seeing her after knowing she's seen that video would be this horrible. It's too many overwhelming emotions, regret being dominant. After all she doesn't want to believe she's that bad a person who would overtly ruin her cousin's reputation and curse a little baby.

Didn't Changwook say Minyoung didn't care? So it should be fine if she just quietly walk away. No fuss, no awkwardness. Just make it easy for everyone.

"Sit." Seonmi, whose heel was halfway in the air to leave, flinches. Her eyes meet Minyoung's that are weirdly not judgemental. Minyoung pats that empty chair beside her with a wordless invitation. But Seonmi still isn't sure if she can handle this. "I'll sit with mom and dad," Seonmi declares with minimal eye contact and turns around.

As soon as she looks over at the group at the patio though, she catches her father's eye. Without any exaggerated expression his wordless command is clear. Seonmi gave up. Leaving is not an option. Not without fixing things at least.

With a resigned sigh she turns back and sits in the chair Minyoung reserved for her pretending to not notice the satisfied smile on the other's face.

"Why so many chairs?" Changwook asks after Woobin has lined up more chairs than there are people around the long table. "What? Aren't they going to eat?" Woobin points at Yunho and Jaejoong.

"We'll wait till Miran-ssi is done," Yunho tells him while holding the small saucer of rice for Changmin. "Take your time!" Jaejoong hurriedly shouts out to Miran before the young nanny tries to cut her meal short to relieve them of watching Changmin.

Meanwhile Changwook and Minyoung help Somin into a chair while she's holding on to Chaerin protectively. Woobin playfully shoves a piece of potato in Somin's mouth when she wasn't expecting it. She glares at him back, biting that big chunk of potato threateningly. "Oh what scary eyes!" Woobin pretends to shudder, "I was only helping you eat because your hands are occupied. Seriously though... how do people with babies eat?"

"We take turns..." Changwook points at himself and Minyoung.

"If I accompany the Madam to her work we take turns too." As if to prove it, Miran hastily takes some rice and side dishes and sits between Seonmi and an empty chair opposite Somin.

Meanwhile Minyoung is having an unusually difficult time trying to sit. She lets out a whimper despite biting her lip when her arm gives way. But Changwook caught her before she fell into the chair.

"Wh-what?" Seonmi squeaks in panic, thinking she did something or she's going to be blamed. "It's nothing..." Minyoung rasps out as Changwook g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter