_-1

Misfit Mismatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were real misfits, he more than her.

She was a regular nerd with a love for history and obsession for mangas. He though, was hard-core bad boy, and not the kind girls fawn over.

One stone-cold glare from him could make anyone wet their pants. He’s never seen stepping into a class, how he’s managed to graduate is a mystery. He’s beat up more than half the male student body of their high school and brought more girls than that to tears with his acerbic words.

But even then Jaejoong can’t help but fall in love with Yunho.

Because those girls he drove away were mean and shallow and didn’t hold any true feelings for him. Because he scares everyone but smiles when he brings presents for the children at the orphanage she volunteers. He’s beat up only those bullies who trouble others. But most of all, he was the only one who put a hand on Jaejoong’s head and whispered “you’re a better person than any of them” when she was crying after being bullied.     

Jaejoong might be called a lovesick fool for following her object of affection to college. It’s a good thing she was still undecided between the four universities that selected her and Yunho was accepted into one of them.

How he got into the most prestigious college in the city is still something she hasn’t understood.

She’s hopeless though.

She only steals a glance or two hiding behind a wall in the back alley of the university where the no-good class-bunking students would smoke a pack of cigarettes, or at least Jaejoong thinks they only smoke cigarettes. Her attention’s more on Yunho.

In the few months since college life started and Jaejoong has been stalking minutely observing Yunho, she’s been mustering the courage and taking notes. She figures if he can stand these stinky, obnoxious, not-bothered-about-the-world people, then it must be his type of girl.

Which is why she feels stupid dressed up in some revealing shirt-blouse and overly long skirt. Her frilly bra- she bought just for this- is peeking from her shirt’s opening and her red wig is making her sweat. This is so unlike her… actually it’s so unlike anybody.

She had gone through eighteen different manga and anime references to come up with this look and is still sceptical. She doesn’t look like any of these people in the alley.

She blames it on the abundance of high school delinquent references but none on college deliquents. “but would delinquents go to college?” she murmurs to herself and then shrugs it off.

Jaejoong flinches when she sees Yunho throw his cigarette on the ground and stamp on it to put it out. That means he’s leaving. That means he’s going to pass her any time now. Her, the nerd in a costume that would offend every no-good outcast in this area.

“I can’t go with this.” Jaejoong feels demotivated, mostly because of her appearance. She walks away closing the buttons of her shirt.

She tiredly walked to the empty bookstore around the corner. The young owner knows the nerd and patron very well to not comment on her appearance. Though he does ask if there’s a comic convention in town.

“I’m the only comic…” Jaejoong sulks and goes to the back where the Archies are kept. She comes back with six copies of Archie’s digests and two Marvel comics among a few economic textbooks. “I’m the only one who buys your English merch, so you better give me a big discount-” Jaejoong stops with a yelp seeing almond eyes staring at her.

She never realised how tall her crush is till the moment he had to bow his neck to the max just to check her extra long pleated skirt. Slowly, Yunho looks at the man behind the counter and asks, “convention in town?”

“she’s the only comic.” The young owner deadpans and takes the economics book from Jaejoong. “get another copy will you Jaejoong. he wants the same book.” The man proceeds to bill the book for Yunho but Jaejoong doesn’t move.

Yunho looks at Jaejoong when a small smile plays on his face. “Jaejoong… Kim Jaejoong. were we in high school together?” Jaejoong nods meekly with a slight blush happy that he remembers her though they’ve really spoken just once. Yu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter