-25-

Misfit Mismatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Nya~ nya~ nya~" Changmin channels his inner cat while he crawls after the real cat that's coolly roaming the house. Miran and two other maids run after him before he runs into the table.

Changmin screeches when he's picked up by Miran because he wants to play with the cat. But the other maid takes her cat and puts him in the carrier before their little captain runs into more furniture chasing him.

 "You should take the cat home before Changmin wrestles him again." Jaejoong coos at the cat through the carrier and waves at it as the maid takes her cat to the staff's residence.

Jaejoong takes a sulky Changmin from Miran but he frets and tries to wriggle out her grip till Jaejoong safely puts him on the floor again. Instantly he's going after Kkoma who is comfortably dozing by Minyoung's feet.

He's a lot less calmer with the dog unlike with the cat. When Kkoma wakes, Changmin plops next to him and watches him curiously.

Minyoung reaches for his hand and helps him pet Kkoma the way the dog likes it behind his ear. Changmin is scared initially but soon breaks into a happy squeal that he's touching the dog and soon he's cuddling the dog on his own.

"He really loves animals... just like you..." Minyoung remarks to Jaejoong while taking the offered chocolate cake Jaejoong made today.

"Isn't it! I'm glad Yunho decided to get him a pet now." Jaejoong sits on the armchair next to the couch so she can coo at the hyper baby girl in the bassinet while talking to Minyoung. "We're trying to see if Min is a cat person or dog person. But he also loves Ajhumma's cat and he loves Kkoma."

"Too bad Daejang won't let you get that tarantula."

The reminder has Jaejoong pout. So she picks up Chaerin to snuggle her. Chaerin is quite taken by her pretty aunt that she lets out happy squeals. "Ommo~ aren't you energetic! Looks like someone has recovered from her first sickness." Jaejoong nuzzles the infant loving the baby powder smell. Changmin has become too wriggly for cuddles ever since he started crawling and she misses it.

"It's such a relief. I was a mess the entire week." The memory of it is upsetting enough for Minyoung to take mouthfuls of cake to comfort herself.

"You handled it well. You even got through your cousin's wedding."

Minyoung however rolls her eyes in response. "Don't remind me. I'm not over that hot mess even after half a month." Minyoung proceeds to rant about everything - from how her mother was kept away from family to how Seonmi was obviously jealous her friends were being nice to Minyoung and also the creepy Hyunsoo putting the moves on her - since Jaejoong was too busy with her work and a sick Changmin for them to talk.

"How did Changwook take it?" Jaejoong asks though she's sure of the answer. "He had some choice words..." Minyoung doesn't say what exactly in front of the children. "It took both our mothers to talk him out of going over to my uncle's and telling them off. But... yeah... I don't think I'll have much to do with them anymore. It's easier that way."

Jaejoong can only smile encouragingly, "well you have your own family to worry about." Chaerin squeals excitedly as if agreeing.

"Gongjunim has gotten very loud ever since bunnies have been frolicking around the neighbourhood." Minyoung laughs remembering how one bunny had been sitting on the hood of Changwook's car before he went to that photoshoot this morning. He kept screaming for her to get it away because he was too scared of it.

"Changmin loves seeing the bunnies too. I think it's the Puddles effe-." Jaejoong is interrupted by a message on Minyoung's phone.

It's from a number that isn't saved on her contacts. But the messenger identifies herself.

Unknown number:

Minyoung-ssi, this is Somin. Seonmi's MOH. I got your number from your mother."

Minyoung frowns and quickly texts her mother for confirmation. Yoojin replies quickly that she did give Somin her number and to hear her out. "Seonmi's best friend just texted me." Minyoung blurts looking to Jaejoong for advice.

"Did she seem like a bad person?" Minyoung shrugs in response to Jaejoong. "Text her back. Check her vibe before you ignore her. Something seems to be up for her to contact you."

Minyoung doesn't see the harm in finding out why Somin would contact her. So she texts Somin back.

PMY:

hi Somin-ssi. How can I help you?

Somin:

I'm sorry. I know this is weird. But there's something you need to know about Seonmi.

"She wants to tell me something about Seonmi." Minyoung tells Jaejoong who looks uncomfortable by that. "It's up to you. Clearly something happened between your cousin and her friend. The issue is do you really want to get in the middle of it."

"But it probably has to do with me too. Or why would she go to the trouble of getting my phone number from my mother?"

 "Of course it does. Still, do you want to get involved in it?"

Minyoung can't really answer that. Wanting peace and extreme curiosity aren't a good mix. Jaejoong gets that. So she gestures to Minyoung to go ahead and find out more.

PMY:

Did something happen to Seonmi?

Somin:

Do you know she went on her honeymoon today?

PMY:

No not really. Why?

Somin:

She called all our friends for drinks last night before leaving for New Zealand. And things got a little awkward when she got drunk. Just so you know, I don't want to put you on the spot. But all of us are tired of her behaving this way.

Somin follows that up with a video clip. "She sent me some video..." Minyoung says as she waits for it to download.

"Miran-ssi please watch the kids." Jaejoong hollers for Miran who is immediately picking up Chaerin from Jaejoong and tucking her in the bassinet. Jaejoong pulls Minyoung by her hand to her home studio for privacy and locks the door behind them. "This better be worth it." Jaejoong mutters as she stands behind Minyoung to watch the video over her shoulder.

 Minyoung hesitates for a few seconds before she plays it. Immediately they hear Seonmi slur loudly

"Park Minyoung is an attention-seeking !"

"That's my cousin Park Seonmi, in case it isn’t clear..." Minyoung supplies for Jaejoong's benefit.

"She's charming..." Jaejoong sneers and reaches for the phone screen trying to enlarge the awkwardly filmed view. "Why is it so weird?"

"It looks like it was filmed at a low angle... like secretly." Minyoung mimes it to explain. "And look, that's Somin-ssi next to her. She's looking directly at the camera."

The video continues after Seonmi downs her drink in one shot. "Minyoung pretends to be all nice. But she has this huge celebrity disease!" Seonmi gestures with her hands.

"Do I?" Minyoung asks her friend who shakes her head sincerely.

"Just look at what she did to my wedding! Ruined it! I thought she'd get the hint. Even if I was forced to invite her she should have known not to show up. The groom is her friggin ex!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter