-14-

Misfit Mismatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

New set of updates begin from Chapter 19 (-8-). Enjoy :)

It's two weeks into filming and everything is going according to the schedule. Jaejoong and Minyoung have wrapped up a pre-dawn shooting and trudging back to the villa near the main filming location where the main group of actors are staying courtesy of Han Seungyeon.

Yunho's mother offered the place for their off-site shooting so the actors could have their privacy and practice their scenes together comfortably but mainly so Jaejoong could have a private room with an attached nursery for Changmin and the nanny in the room next door.

Yunho occasionally drops by if either of their schedules coordinate but they videocall at least twice a day. Minyoung and Changwook room together and Joongi gets a whole room to himself too. Seojoon and Taejoon share the only bedroom downstairs but one of them usually ends up sleeping on the couch in the living room if filming runs late.

The crew is five minutes away in a hotel. After the filming in the nearby town where two houses serve as the homes of Jaejoong and Minyoung's characters, the crew dropped them off at the villa before heading back to the hotel.

They will have a few hours of rest before the crew heads to an art and culture centre uptown that will be the location of a very tense business showdown among the male characters. Fortunately Jaejoong and Minyoung have nothing to do the rest of the day.

Which is a relief not only because they can rest but also because Minyoung has been under the weather lately. She's mostly exhausted and put off by food.

Their hectic schedule is one of the reasons why no one but Jaejoong has noticed. Doesn't make it any less worrisome.

"Isn't it about time you take a test?" Jaejoong suggests to her friend who is leaning her entire weight on her as they walk through the rock garden in front of the house. "Or I can set up an appointment with my doctor." Jaejoong decides to do that anyway. Minyoung hasn't stuck to her promise and checked if she's pregnant. And as time passes Jaejoong has more reason to believe she's pregnant.

"I think I really am pregnant..." Minyoung croaks, almost as if she's sleep talking. Clearly Jaejoong needs to get her to a doctor for those vitamins and making sure she's alright.

Minyoung is not showing signs of morning sickness yet but she is getting repulsed by food. And Jaejoong can't let her not eat anything.

Miran steps out of the house then and notices them. Jaejoong immediately feels a glimmer of hope when she realized she could ask the nanny for help. "Miran-ssi, are you going out?"

"Yes Madam. We're running low on diapers and baby powder." Miran's eyes momentarily flit towards Minyoung who slowly lets go of Jaejoong to stand. Jaejoong uses this chance to nudge Minyoung towards the door. "You go ahead. I have some work with Miran-ssi."

Minyoung nods before taking slow steps towards the house. She pauses when she remembers something and turns to Miran. "Miran-ssi, could you get me an antacid... a strong one?"

Miran nods readily as Minyoung continues her journey to the front door while Jaejoong prattles instructions to the nanny. "Okay, so I need some eggs, matcha, apples..." Minyoung is inside the house and the door closes. Instantly Jaejoong's switch flips. "Forget all that stuff. What I need you to get is a pregnancy test..."

Perhaps Miran had noticed Minyoung's condition because she doesn't comment. She was after all hired for her discretion and lack of nosiness when it comes to working for a celebrity. "Should I get options just in case? I should be discreet right?"

"Yes. That would be good. The guys will probably leave in a couple of hours and Yunho will be here after lunch. That's our window. I don't want anyone finding out unless she tells them."

"Understood..." Jaejoong watches Miran head out the gate and went back in.

There's no sign of Minyoung who probably went straight to her room. Seojoon is snoring away on the folded-out couch with a comforter strewn at his feet and an eye mask on his face. Changmin is sitting on a vacant spot near Seojoon's knee, binky in mouth, stuffed elephant in his grip, and rapt eyes on Joongi narrating his lines while pacing the length of the room.

Jaejoong drops her bag on the floor and drops bonelessly on the nearest armchair just as Joongi greets her. "Morning... I was just rehearsing with my new practice partner because my original partner is dead to the world." Joongi nudges Seojoon's with his foot but that only stops the snoring. His foot shifts a bit but in no danger of hitting Changmin who's still staring attentively at Joongi.

Jaejoong smiles drowsily at the sight. "He likes your voice..."

"hmm?" Joongi notices Changmin tilt his head when he hummed.

"He likes a certain kind of voice... He's like that when Yunho is talking on the phone around him. Sometimes even Changwook... but if Seungho so much as lets out a meep around him it's chaos."

"Well I'm honoured." Joongi leans towards Changmin and holds out his palm for a high five. But it's even cuter when Changmin presses his elephant against Joongi's palm making him laugh out loud.

His voice disturbs Seojoon who rolls onto his back grumbling. "Mmm... five...more...minu..." and his voice fades into a snore again. "Oh for God's sake! Wake up!" Joongi resorts to slapping Seojoon's thigh to wake him up. That is Jaejoong's cue to pick up Changmin and escape to her room.

Minyoung had stripped down to her camisole and underwear before slipping under the comforter. She wanted to go to the bathroom but it seems currently occupied by Changwook.

Speaking of whom the bed smells like him. It's soothing in a way it never has been. She scoots to his side of the bed and pulls the pillow close, inhaling a deep sniff. That blissful sigh is involuntary and she slips into a sweet slumber for the first time in two days.

Changwook steps out of the bathroom, hair dripping wet over his t-shirt and the towel over his shoulders. Spotting that lump under the covers stealing his pillow makes him chuckle. He gets rid of his towel and goes over to the bed marvelling at how his sleeping wife can look both adorable and y. Must be the lack of clothes.

Changwook fixes the askew comforter over her legs when she slightly wakes up. Her eyes barely open but he can feel them on her from that smile alone. "Hey..." If he notices how she squirms at his harmless husky whisper he doesn't say. He leans closer to her face to kiss her lips and her nose. "Morning... aren't you going to eat?" Her response was to nuzzle his jaw that makes him chuckle at the ticklish feeling. "You're clearly tired. Sleep. I'm going to head out with the guys after we eat."

Changwook gives her one quick smooch before tucking her to sleep. By the time he's back to get his things and head to filming, she's kicked the comforter away and is blissfully cuddling his pillow.

He doesn't get why she needs so many pillows but nonetheless makes a mental note to ask for one more pillow from the housekeeper.

~~~

"Hi there!" Yunho crouches in front of the bouncy little frog in his new swing. How nice to see his son react so happily upon seeing him after a week. Or it could be that Yunho is blocking Changmin's view of the cartoons on the television behind Yunho's shoulder.

"At ease soldier." As usual Yunho's commanding voice does its magic and stills this hyper baby. Why does it work on everyone but Jaejoong? "Where's your Umma?" Just like the aforementioned Umma who can’t be contained by a verbal order, the very word makes Changmin squeal and start bouncing in his swing again.

At that moment Miran comes out of the laundry room. "Oh! Good evening."

"Good evening... Is my wife here?"

"Uh... well, she and Minyoung-ssi are..." Just as Miran was struggling to come up with something there's a flurry of shrieking and thumping from upstairs as if someone is bouncing with joy.

It was an obvious happy kind of screaming that's why Yunho is not instinctively rushing to save someone from a fire or something. "Well they're rowdy... is there a party I don't know about?" Miran shrugs stiffly, aware of how obvious she is being right now. Yunho waves it off anyway. "I'll find out myself..."

He  glances at Changmin wriggling in his swing to whatever music he can hear from the television. Even though his attention is not on his father Yunho points a playfully authoritative finger at him. "Attention... at ease..." Changmin momentarily glances at him and then proceeds to stuff his fist in his mouth. "Clearly you're hungry... anyway, Dangyeol!" Yunho playfully salutes his baby before heading upstairs leaving Miran to attend to the hungry Changmin.

Yunho heads to the bedroom he's sharing with Jaejoong but it's empty. Dumping his coat on the chair he checks the hallway. "Jae?" A couple of seconds after he calls Jaejoong steps out of Minyoung and Changwook's room.

"Hey! You're here!"

"Yes! In time for a celebration I believe..."

Yunho provokes an explanation out of her but even if Jaejoong doesn't want to he won't press. She's hesitant as he expected but before he could tell her she doesn't have to answer Minyoung's voice is heard from inside the room.

"It's okay. I don't mind..." Minyoung's head pops out by the door and beckons him with her hand before both she and Jaejoong run back in.

When Yunho enters the room the first thing he notices are the seven pregnancy tests laid out on the bed. And now he has an id

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter