_-3

Misfit Mismatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a woman painting two-inch thick pink lipstick on her lips while another kept doing this and that with her hair. But she couldn’t bring herself to move. Jaejoong was frozen stiff which to Yunho looked really bad.

“Okay, we need to do some test shots.” The photographer, Seo  Hyunwoo announced. The makeup personnel immediately moved away from Jaejoong. Hyunwoo picked up his camera, “Alright Jaejoong, we’re doing these test shots to check what angle and lighting works best for you okay. It’s not the real thing yet. So loosen up.”

Like hell she did! Jaejoong looked like a cornered rabbit. Hyunwoo took a shot and then looked at the picture. Getting Jaejoong comfortable would be harder than he thought. Normally Hyunwoo would just send the model away and ask for an experienced one. But he and the creative director of the shoot are convinced Jaejoong’s lips are perfect for the ’5 lip trends of the summer’ piece.  And the advertisers would love a model who can fully show their product. “Jaejoong, it’s only a face shot. You don’t even have to use your body. Just try and show a little confidence.” He watches Jaejoong open to say something but its barely audible. The man holding the light next to her manages to hear it and he relays it to the Hyunwoo, “sir she says she doesn’t know what to do…”

“Oh man…” Hyunwoo sighed, thinking how is he supposed to get this done.

“Hyunwoo-ssi.” The photographer looked at the person who tapped his shoulder. Yunho showed him a picture on his phone, “do you want her to pose like this?” Hyunwoo sees the picture of a model. That has a good vibe but he doesn’t know what this young man who’s tagging along with this rookie model thinking, “until a few days ago, Jaejoong didn’t even own a lipstick. She doesn’t know what to do until someone tells her. she’s like clay who can be mould into anything if the maker knows what he’s doing.”

Hyunwoo understood what Yunho is getting at. He immediately went into his camera's memory from his shoot earlier that day, grabbed Yunho's phone and jogged to Jaejoong. ''You see this model Jaejoong? I need your fingers on your face like this. But chin a little higher. Look at this one here how they are hooded but not lifeless? After a few shots I want you to tilt your chin to the left. And pout very subtly.''

Yunho watched Hyunwoo give Jaejoong detailed instructions. He made Jaejoong hold that pose and hurriedly ran to the camera to take a few shots. He'd pause and give her more instructions to change it up.

At one point Yunho tried suggesting a pose with the universal gesture of shushing. Jaejoong cluelessly held a finger against her lips. ''yeah That's good. Finger little lower, let the nail touch your upper lip. Try a wink. Hold it.'' Hyunwoo is in the flow of instructions.

After 20 minutes, he calls for a break and asks for the stylist to change her look. He has a few ideas for a diverse spread. Yunho politely squeezed himself into the discussion Hyunwoo was having with his assistant who was showing him the pictures on the monitor. ''Sir, You've taken way too many test shots.''

Hyunwoo snickered when he saw a particular shot where Jaejoong had a mischievous glint unintentionally. ''Include these in the main selection too. And call Park Yoochun-ssi. I'm personally offering to shoot her portfolio.''

 He glanced at Yunho to check his reaction but he's not even paying attention. Yunho is smiling like a proud coach while giving Jaejoong two thumbs up. Hyunwoo saw the cameraman filming the BTS clip capture that infectious candid smile of the model even as the makeup artist applying makeup on her.

 ~~~

A rookie artist who has the President of Aria himself producing and managing her is bound to get attention. There's already a league of fanboys and girls out there and a few unofficial fancafes when the Elle spread hit the stands. The BTS clip that appeared on fashion and lifestyle shows got more popular. Jaejoong now has a dozen modeling offers which Yoochun will consider after Seo Hyunwoo shoots her portfolio.

Meanwhile, Jaejoong is honing her talents and style under a team of mentors. Jaejoong and the team discover she's actually a decent singer. They are working on making her studio and stage ready while teaching her some dance. She's got a sense of rhythm and is not entirely bad but a little clumsy. But Yoochun sees it as a marketable charm. Besides, they only need her to know enough dance to not stand and sing on stage like she's singing the school song. They're holding off on the acting lessons so as to not burden her till there's a good acting opportunity.

And Jaejoong even comes with a life coach. Some tried to get the tall young man who randomly interrupted her lessons to give her pep talks out of the room. But when the president passed a memo that Jung Yunho can do whatever he wants concerning Kim Jaejoong, they concede. Especia

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter