-11-

Misfit Mismatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Somin enters the bar, Woobin is already at the table with a beer. She takes a seat opposite him and asks the nearest waiter for a beer herself. "Hey... hope you don't mind I started before you. After today I'm in dire need of getting drunk." Nonetheless Woobin being the gentleman pours her a glass.

Somin who is relatively new to celebrity gossip thanks to this former soldier giggles whenever Woobin whines about his celebrity friends. She only met them once when they threw Youngwoong and her newborn baby a party and she only knew Park Shinhye from the one drama she watched and loved. But she'll admit they are one adorable and crazy bunch.

Poor Woobin who has order and decorum ingrained in him can't keep up. So he affectionately whines to her about the dizzying antics of the celebrities who treat him like a brotherly figure. And Somin is slowly catching up with the work and gossip about this exact group of celebrities too between her work as a research assistant and at the cafe.

So even though she's busy, she did spend dinner yesterday watching the AAA spectacle and that was a doozy.

"I saw the whole thing on TV. Must have been fun."

"They're a doozy. Like how hard is it? Propose, get engaged, plan the wedding, and get married." Woobin pauses to down his drink aggressively, "not propose, wait, other one proposes back, wait, get engaged, plan a wedding, propose again, get a marriage license, and have a wedding.... well the last part was logical at least."

Somin had to pause and go over what he said till it clicked. "Wait... did they..." She looks around for eavesdropping eyes then leans forward to whisper. "Elope?"

Woobin is confused at first before he realizes he made her misunderstand and shakes his head. "No no... they planned to get the legal work done before their wedding anyway. They did it this morning, right after ProposalGate. I'm coming from their little after party actually." Woobin leans closer to whisper too, "You should've seen the clerk who did their paperwork. She seems to be his fan. Quite professional about it all but none of them noticed she was trying hard not to cry he's getting married until Daewhi and I pointed out later."

"Every wedding's got to have a story right?"

"That's not even the end of it. Daewhi pulled off an entire special ops with his personal security team to get them and everyone else to the courthouse without everyone knowing. I'm talking decoys, misdirecting, the likes. And in less than two hours’ notice. Well, it was his second time doing it."

"Second... when was the first?"

"When he registered his own marriage obviously."

Somin sat there wide-eyed before taking a swig of her drink. This celebrity-soldier collective gives her a glam mafia vibe. Sounds fun...

"So they had a party today?"

"If you can call it that. It was mostly filling in invitations and working out last minute wedding details. With lots of fried chicken. Sorry I didn't call you. It wasn't exactly a party and I don't really feel comfortable taking liberties with them as much as I can with the Cap."

"It's okay. I feel awkward since I hardly follow any of them."

"But I do have a plus one for the wedding." Woobin pulls out an invite and slides it on the table towards her. "Do you want to come to a party full of celebrities you don't know?"

Somin winces slightly at the idea. It would be great and all but she doesn't want to embarrass herself again like the last time she thought out loud that Shinhye is dating Yoo Seungho and then accidentally let it slip that she thought Seunghyun with his fresh military haircut was a terrible career soldier in comparison to Woobin to Yunho. They were gracious enough to laugh it off and for it. They also proclaimed that they love how free she is with them because she doesn't know they're celebrities.

But Somin doesn't want to do that again. This is a wedding for crying out loud! There might be more celebrities she has never heard of.

This ex-soldier with his dangerous and busy life knows more about them even before he met them personally.

This ex-soldier is especially good at reading every thought she has, though she is quite obvious that anyone can effortlessly read her mind. He reaches across the table to take her hand, "Don't worry. They love you, all the more because you don't know who they are."

"FYI for regular folk taking someone who doesn't know anyone at the wedding is not okay." Snaps Somin.

She's going to accept the invitation before he starts insisting. She'll just have to study everything on the Korean celebrity scene before the wedding. "Don't go studying celebrities instead of your research work. It's creepy."

"You can't stop me!"

~~~

"You studied up on celebrities didn't you?" Somin pouts at Yunho's gentle chiding.

She doesn't need this okay! She's not sure if the dress she wore to her brother's wedding is good enough among the celebrities and their designer-wear. And Woobin couldn't pick her up because he and all the guys had stayed over with the groom at the Jungs. So she was standing awkwardly by the gate as celebrities and guests arrived at the home. Every person she saw made her nervous and every person she didn't recognize made her panic.

So when Yunho and Woobin came out of the Jungs' estate with two famous faces - one Somin didn't recognize and the other she faintly remembers from her research - the relief of seeing Woobin, the assumption that the person she did recognize is Kim Woobin, and her nervousness made her instinctively point at that person and yell "You're Kim Woobin!"

Unfortunately for her it was Hong Jonghyun.

Yoo Jitae, who is the one she didn't recognize snorts while Jonghyun is dumbstruck. The two former soldiers only shake their heads.

"Please take me to my hole where I shall remain for eternity." Somin declares to Woobin, the soldier not the actor, who obliges and leads her to a spot in the seating area that's not close to another celebrity for the sake of her sanity.

"She's refreshing." Jitae chuckles, following Yunho inside the house while the rest of the guests take the path from the side of the house to the backyard. An arch of blush pink flowers on a raised platform was at the far end of the backyard. A white carpet leads from the porch of the backdoor to the platform.

Chairs are arranged on either side of the arch for the guests and the mothers of the bridal couple are greeting guests who arrive. The guests can faintly hear an infant wailing from inside the house but it's only when Yunho and Jitae enter the house they know where to find the source.

Yunho marches to the dining area where expectantly a frazzled Jaejoong is cajoling their distressed son. Jitae's wife Kim Hyojin keeps her son calm. The older boy is clinging to his mother and watching that baby with rapt attention. But when he spots his father Sooin runs to him excitedly. "Appa~!" Sooin runs past Yunho and is already climbing his father's long legs till Jiyae picks him up. "Appa, baby is sad!" Jitae escapes to the living room with his son to give the Jungs a little privacy and Hyojin follows with the jacket Sooin has to wear on his smart pageboy suit.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter