-22-

Misfit Mismatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho has neatly packed the two gowns in their respective packaging when Jaejoong returns after changing into a comfortable dress Yunho brought for her.

"Are the dresses good enough to return?" Jaejoong looks at the boxes uneasily. The clothes were gifted by brands and were to be returned the way they were sent. But they weren't expecting amniotic fluid to get on the clothes either.

"We'll pay for the damages or buy them or whatever." Yunho points at the TV where the news is playing that little moment at AAA. "If they hold something that's not in Minyoung's control against her then they're really stupid."

"It's all over the news is it..." Jaejoong winces seeing her own delayed realization upon Minyoung's water breaking. "They might want Minyoung and Changwook at AAA every year."

"They should have it in their house next year." Yunho chuckles. "Anyway I have Minyoung's things in the closet and there's spare clothes too. Lieutenant Shin is bringing the grandmothers here. And Miran-ssi told me Min's in bed."

"What about the others?"

"Joongi said they're all at his place or he's sent them home safely. We don't want to cause a frenzy by having any more celebrities here."

"But we already have a frenzy..." Jaejoong sighs, faintly hearing fans screaming in the distance. "Did you pull a Yoochun?" Jaejoong alludes to Yunho shutting access to the whole VIP wing which was sparsely populated anyway to cause any inconvenience to other patients.

"When Yoochun pulled a Yoochun for you, he didn't have to deal with media and fans camping outside the hospital and he didn't station a small army on the whole floor." Yunho sniffs haughtily about to mention how he managed to book the VVIP luxury room on short notice when Dr. Cha steps out of the inner examination room. They straighten up instantly and Jaejoong switches off the television.

"How's she doing?"

"We're still a few hours away. But the epidural will help her with the pain." Dr. Cha opens the door wider, "You're welcome to see her. I'll be back to check on her in a bit." The doctor excuses herself and leaves before Yunho and Jaejoong shuffle past the white drape screens.

They find Changwook first, taking off his tuxedo jacket and shirt. After he carried Minyoung off the stage, put her in a wheelchair provided by production staff, rode with her in the ambulance while Woobin and other Jung bodyguards got Jaejoong, and followed Minyoung to this room where Yunho was waiting and stayed with Minyoung while Dr. Cha checked her, Changwook hasn't had the chance to change out of his suit. His undershirt is stained with sweat and sticking to his torso uncomfortably.

"I've got a change of clothes for you." Yunho points to the seating area outside. "I found your sweats on your bed and got those. I hope that's fine."

"That's more than enough." Changwook takes the discarded shirt and jacket to go out, "Min, I'll be back in sec. Don't have a baby without me." With that he slips out of the opening in the screen that separates the waiting lounge from Minyoung's room.

Minyoung tiredly waves at him and slumps into her pillows. "Hey~ did you know epidurals are fuuun~?"

Jaejoong blinks at Minyoung's weird dazed tone and looks at Yunho, "Is that supposed to happen?"

"I think she's traumatized by her third dramatic episode at Triple A." Yunho whispers back.

Changwook returns quickly after changing hurriedly. As soon as Minyoung sees him she points at him enthusiastically, "Did you find my Crocs?"

"Yes!" Changwook replies to Yunho and Jaejoong's mild horror, "They're in your closet back home. Perfectly safe." Minyoung lets out a satisfied hum and relaxes. "Don't mind her." Changwook explains, "it's the trauma from her third strike at Triple A. She's been funny since the ride to the hospital."

"Reminds me of last year. She called me to say she wants to run away to Greenland." Jaejoong sighs blissfully in nostalgia.

Yunho's phone rings and he answers it after telling them it's Woobin. Yunho doesn't speak much other than hum or say an occasional "okay." After five minutes Yunho ends the call with a short "I'm coming there."

"Something wrong?" Asks Changwook trying to not panic yet.

 "Every entrance to the hospital is crowded with fans and reporters. There's no way for your mothers to get through them." Yunho struts outside while texting someone as Changwook and Jaejoong follow him.

"Can't we move them? This could cause problems for other patients." Jaejoong's tone is tense, terrified if some emergency case encounters trouble because of people trying to stalk a celebrity couple about to have a baby.

"I'm calling for police assistance to control the crowd at the main entrance," Yunho heads to the door opening to the empty VIP hallway. "You two stay with Tiny and Bunny. Don't step out of this room. A couple of people snuck in and we don't want them to see you till our guards find them."

"Wait! People already snuck in?" Jaejoong almost shrieks but doesn't want to scare Minyoung. "Don't worry. Yu has tracked them through the security cameras. They'll get them out in no time as long as they don't find you. So stay here. There are two guards outside if you need anything. I'm going to go help Falcon."

"Falc-" Changwook stops himself realizing Yunho is in Captain King mode. But Jaejoong hasn't noticed yet. "How are you going to get Ajhumma-deul through those people?"

Yunho has to pause before he smiles at his worried wife. He forgot that Jaejoong doesn't know much about his previous career. No surprise she forgot.

"Not my first time escorting VIPs through a difficult situation, love." Yunho punctuates with a wink before shutting the door behind him.

"Ugh! He's such an arrogant soldier!" Jaejoong huffs even as Changwook laughingly throws an arm around her so they can go back to Minyoung.

 ~~~

Song Yoojin and Chae Jihye woke up with a start when they heard a slight sound. Jumping to their feet they rush to the section where Minyoung is. But to their frustration, Minyoung still looks very much pregnant. Changwook is fluffing her pillows for her and Jaejoong is braiding her hair. The sight in general doesn't suggest Minyoung is having a baby in the next five minutes.

Looking at her watch, Jihye notes it's past 3 in the morning. Yunho and Woobin managed to bring them here only a couple of hours ago. That time they were relieved that they didn't miss their grandchild's birth but now they're getting impatient.

"You think it’s a false alarm? She still has a month to go." Yoojin whispers to her.

"Her water broke on TV. It doesn't get realer than that." Jihye tugged Yoojin away from the screen and back to where everyone is gathered around the young lady they recognize as Somin. They woke up to the sound of her closing the door earlier but had failed to notice her.

Somin is pulling out sachets of instant coffee mix from various brands out of a large stroller while Yunho and Woobin are getting a box of assorted sweets out.

"You certainly bought a lot." Yunho remarks finding a little tray of mini cupcakes and a single donut. "My former boss was very happy I'm relieving him of all the leftovers. And trust me." Somin gestures to the stack of boxes from the cafe she used to work at. "They are perfectly fine. Just a little dry."

"Why'd you get so much coffee?"

"Heechul unnie told me to." Somin explains with wild gestures, "She knew that you have a lot of security here. So she called me to tell me I should take coffee for everyone coz only I could get in without getting mobbed. But I can't carry all those coffee cups. So Seunghyun oppa got all the coffee premix he could find and Seungho oppa got me the stroller which by the way is for Baby Bunny. Seunghyun oppa actually drove me to the cafe and then up to the alley 10 minutes away from the staff entrance."

"Two celebrities visiting you at night. Someone's going to cause a dating scandal." Woobin teases her before feigning a gasp. "Do I have to pretend to be your boyfriend like in those dramas?"

"Pretend?" Snaps Somin. Yunho gives Woobin a warning nudge before he gets in trouble and changes the subject. "You got in easily unlike the rest of us."

"That's because I bulldozed through the mob with the stroller yelling 'my baby is sick!'"

"Why didn't we do that? You always make me the bait! This is the last time I'm pretending I'm Kim Woobin." Woobin playfully jibes but Yunho ignores him and takes a bag full of coffee mix to one of the guards outside to distribute among others.

"Jae! Food's here!" Yunho hollers for the other two but only Changwook steps out. He goes straight to his mother when he sees her and his mother-in-law standing in a spot in the room quietly. "Hey... you two are up... I told you I'd wake you when it's time."

"Don't worry about us. We just wanted to eat." Jihye lies, not wanting to worry her son or make Somin think she woke them up unintentionally.

"Daejang, Jae asked for something berry-flavoured. Min's clinging to her so she can't come over." At Changwook's request Somin hands Yunho a blueberry donut which he takes to Jaejoong.

"Changwook-ssi, would you like some coffee?" Somin shows him a selection of coffee sachets of different kinds.

"Maybe later. I'm starving right now." He looks through the boxes and picks up pastries without much thought, piling them on tissues for himself.

"Somin-ssi could you make me some coffee. I feel like I'm going to sleep while standing." Yoojin doesn't want to sit down lest she dozed off. So she paces in a short circle to stay active.

Woobin has already fetched two cups of hot water so Somin can make coffee for the two grandmothers-to-be.

"You kids don't look tired at all!" Jihye runs her fingers through Changwook's hair that's still slick with product from when he got dressed for AAA. He moves away from her hand because he's about to become a dad and his mom is still treating him like a kid. "Umma, you should know better than anyone how long are schedules can get when we're filming. We're used to it."

"Don't get snarky with me!" Jihye retaliates by knocking his head with her knuckles, "I'm only concerned about Somin-ssi and Jaejoongie's husband. The poor girl is running errands at three in the morning."

"That's okay. I'm used to it too." Somin quickly hands the older woman her coffee because clearly the sleep deprivation is getting to her. "I'm used to pulling all-nighters to study."

"Ajhumma, you don't have to worry about Jung Daewhi either. We've gone a whole week without sleep when we were soldiers." Woobin assures but it only gets Changwook to shoot a smug look at his mother. He’s done the student, celebrity, and soldier life and it proves his p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter