-5-

Misfit Mismatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They haven't spoken since that night. Not that they know what to say to each other if they do talk. So weeks have passed since then.

Minyoung doesn't know how he's dealing with it. His acting gears mist be in overdrive pretending he's just as surprised by Park Minyoung's revelation as his peers who don't know that he gave that ring to Park Minyoung.

That left Minyoung to deal with the public storm she started. The people from their respective managements were close to pulling off their hair in panic that Minyoung felt sorry for them. They of course had a long talk with her with one person from Changwook's agency.

While they ensured she knew how much trouble she's caused them, they accepted her decision. Not that they have a choice. They know of their relationship but had no idea that Changwook had proposed and the absurd break they were on till Minyoung told them about it.

When asked about what they intended to do, Minyoung said she doesn't want to do much apart from put an end to untrue and unsavoury rumours. She wanted to talk with Changwook before making any official statements.

The only communication from Changwook was to his management through his mother. There are attempts to identify the maker of the ring and possibly find out who purchased it to propose to the actress. Per Changwook's request, they contacted the jeweller to not divulge any information about Changwook and his mother's purchase. While they were all grateful to the designer who customized the one-of-a-kind ring to Changwook's mother's specifications, Minyoung can't help feel a pang thinking Changwook wants to keep their relationship a secret even now.

A part of her is aware of the practicalities of his current situation but the other is afraid he might be furious at her decision without talking to him first. She hasn't had much time to think about that though.

Social media is of course afire since her declaration and taking up most of her time. Speculation about who the guy is has taken all sorts of twists since Seojoon and Minyoung put out official statements they aren't in a relationship with each other. Now it's not just her exes but also every man she's worked with that is under scrutiny (Yes even Ji Changwook).

It's come to a point where people with cameras - she doesn't know if they're reporters or sasaengs - are following her everywhere waiting to photograph her with someone who could be her fiancé.

That's led to her spending her break before her next drama at the very luxurious mansion of Youngwoong and her rich soldier. The top-grade security of the gated neighbourhood is perfect for privacy in this situation and the helpful house staff is making her stay very comfortable.

It's also fun to have Jaejoong's company. Jaejoong is trying to convince her to buy the house across the street and Minyoung is sorely tempted. She even checked it out with Jaejoong.

As it turns out the house is among a few others nearby owned by Yunho's parents. Rather, Yunho’s father is the landlord of the whole neighbourhood.

So Yunho is very willing to offer it a price that's within a comfortable budget for Minyoung and Changwook combined. It's also the perfect size, not too big that she'd need round the clock house staff to maintain it.

Nothing wrong with their secret shared home they live together in while maintaining their separate residences with their mothers. But the privacy and the community's weekly maintenance staff are great perks.

But Jaejoong and Yunho are operating on the assumption that Minyoung and Changwook are going to get married and set up their marital home there when Minyoung doesn't even know if he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter