-17-

Misfit Mismatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay... yeah... thanks, I'll call you later." Changwook ends the call and turns to his audience of four and a half. "The video is up."

"Yay! Put it on! Put it on!" Jaejoong keeps smacking Yunho's arm while he's trying to cast the video on the smart TV. But Jaejoong's physical interruption and an armful of Changmin make it very difficult to steadily use the phone. And Jaejoong is getting impatient. "Ugh! You don't know how to use it!" Jaejoong snatches the phone and plays the video on the television. "I'm starting it."

"Wait! Popcorn!" Woobin grabs the bowl of buttery popcorn from the table and puts it in the convenient spot on the couch between himself and Yunho. "We're set for influencer Park Minyoung's YouTube debut!"

"I'm not staying for this..." Minyoung tries to escape the embarrassment but Changwook is faster. She's pulled on the armchair and onto his lap, trapped between his arms and thighs. She whines but they ignore her leaving her to curse her silliness to play MTV host with Changwook's GoPro. "Hit it Jae!" On Changwook's cue Jaejoong plays the video.

It starts with Minyoung's impromptu post-shower silliness. "Oh my god it's like a Korean Paris Hilton in 2001!" Yunho's teasing only makes Minyoung let out an incoherent whine from her Changwook cage/cocoon.

After her little bit ends right where the battery runs out the video switches to Changwook crouching somewhere looking into the camera. "We're at the doctor's right now... but we're not going to film any of that. So Bunny's Umma is changing right now and she doesn't know I'm doing this. We just got this..." He shows a sonogram half covered by his fingers.

"Did you photoshop a bunny emoji on it? Or is there a bunny demon inside her?" Woobin points at the CG bunny emoji hovering over the sonogram. "I told Seongwha I don't want to risk people figuring out the gender okay!" Changwook retorts as his on-screen version speaks.

"We're keeping the gender a secret. So don't go spoiling it in the comments okay? We call the baby Bunny for now... but I guess you already know why from that video five months ago... By the way, her little clip earlier. She was saying our first date was in Tokyo... two weeks after we got together. We've gone on very few dates and it's always been out of the country. So now you know how we got away with our secret for five years... Oh! She's back!"

"I still can't believe you've never gone on a date in South Korea." Yunho scoffs. "We squeezed five years’ worth of Korean dates in three weeks before our wedding," Changwook says and Minyoung nods with misplaced pride.

"I'm curious..." Woobin points at Yunho and Jaejoong, "How did y'all get away with it longer than them?"

"I'm that good!" Yunho declares but Jaejoong scoffs. "Puh-leeeez! We hardly even got to see each other with our schedules. And when we did spend time together I'd be lucky if he'd let me leave the bedroom."

"I'd be lucky if you'd let me leave the bed!" Yunho retorts and Jaejoong can't argue because it's true.

The video has moved outdoors with the camera focusing on Minyoung walking in front of him. The cutesy BGM that's often there on Changwook's videos is a very good addition to Minyoung who's got a little groove in her step after a very happy purchase.

"Bunny's Umma, what do you have there?" Minyoung turns around, ice cream cone in hand and shows her bag, "Drapes and bedsheets for Bunny's room! With tortoises and ducks!"

"That's awkward because everyone knows bunnies and tortoise are rivals. There's a whole story on it..." a pouting Minyoung points at something towards Changwook off camera "You got a tortoise too!" The camera moves to the bag in his hand that has a green head of a stuffed tortoise and the tail of some kind of fish plushie peeking out. "It's a turtle! Know the difference." With a huff Minyoung stalks off. "Buin, where are you going?"

"To get cheese!"

"We already have eight at home!" The camera quickly turns to Changwook, "I've been told it's pregnancy brain. She keeps forgetting she already bought cheese."

"Aaaah~ why you say that!" Minyoung squeaks in embarrassment smacking Changwook's thigh. "Ah! Okay, sorry!" Changwook clasps that assaulting hand in his and pecks her crown to placate her. "It's okay. It's cute." Minyoung grumbles gibberish, an incoherent demand for more cuddles.

Meanwhile the video has cut to a mostly bare room. "This is Bunny's room..." Changwook's voice is heard before it focusses on a changing table and closet. "Some of the furniture got delivered while I was not at home... Buin has spent at least a week by herself while I'm working. Somehow she's managed to get all this stuff," the camera shows a closet sparsely filled with toys and some baby stuff. "And got a lot of landscaping done in our backyard for bunny. I want her to rest but she wants to make a cake for Ahn Jaewook sunbae's birthday and design her shoe collection for Jaejoong's Moldir brand..."

"Yah! That's supposed to be a secret launch for her birthday!" Jaejoong snaps at Changwook but Yunho reaching for her knee and it prevents an angrier reaction. Minyoung though isn't bothered that Changwook spilled her new fashion venture earlier than intended. She reaches for his face and nuzzles the jaw of this affectionate man who cares for her so much.

Her heart swells aware he knows her well enough to not suffocate and distance her with concern but still act on it to an extent she's comfortable with it. It's proven even more with what he says in his vlog.

"Her body aches at the worst times and she can barely eat without feeling sick. But she tries to hide it from me. Nothing new... she's always like that." The clip cuts to an open freezer overflowing with ice cream. "Buin has lived on ice cream with some other odd food combos for months. I kid you not, she once made me bibimbap with ice cream."

"You didn't like it?" Changwook responds to Minyoung's question by pecking those fingers his face.

"She's hardly gained weight and she doesn't even need maternity clothes. And she's making samgyetang for me..." he shows a pot of the stew simmering on the stove. "Right now she's altering her dress she will wear to Youngwoong's comeback concert. I wish I could show you how scary focused she is when she's working on her clothes. When Park Minyoung is with her sewing machine nobody is allowed to disturb her. I hope she won't stress herself... Can you tell I'm kind of panicky? I've seen a friend go through a difficult pregnancy and I'm honestly scared."

"By the way," Yunho interjects, "We were recently informed you were there when Jaejoong was having a bad episode and left without a word."

"Sorry for scaring you..." Jaejoong says sheepishly which honestly surprised Changwook. "Why are you apologising? You were in pain... I am not holding it against you or anything." He waves it off, "It's not a big deal. Forget about it."

In the next cut Changwook is in car going somewhere and this time it's being filmed by another person on a regular camera instead of a GoPro. It's past 10 in the night according to the caption.

"Joongi hyung and I wrapped filming a couple of hours ago... the movie is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter