-30-

Misfit Mismatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miran had returned to her seat after making that bowl of rice for Changwook to pass to Yunho for Changmin. Unlike the other flustered adults, she was swift and calm. Changwook had only come to his senses when she pulled his hand and placed the bowl in it.

Woobin takes one plate from Changwook and piles the shrimp on a plate for Somin knowing she likes it. After placing the other plate on the table and telling Minyoung and Seonmi to help themselves Changwook is about to relieve Somin of Chaerin's babysitting duty. But someone else beats him to it.

"Hey! I finally get to see our niece!" Somin's breath hitches when she feels Hyunsoo's head hovering over her shoulder. It shouldn't be a big deal. She has been cuddly with her boyfriend and friends, and even male cousins. But they were platonic and brotherly. She's never been made so uncomfortable by a man before.

Back in the kitchen his hand lingered far too long on her lower back with way too much pressure and he looked at her with a leery grin when he said he was kidding when he asked if she had a boyfriend. At that point Somin wanted to put as much physical distance between herself and this man. This is far from what she wants.

When Hyunsoo's hand noticeably brushes her arm while reaching for Chaerin's face, Somin instinctively twists her body away from his hand, holding Chaerin away in the process. "No!" Somin's mouth is open but that word didn't come from her lips. Someone beat her to it.

Timidly she peeks at her side and finds a delicate hand holding on to Hyunsoo's wrist. Only when does that hand let go as if burned does Somin realize it was Minyoung.

This was obviously a big reaction after Changmin's tantrum. The older group hasn't noticed but the ones around them are frozen by Minyoung's abrupt move.

Retreating her hand to herself and wiping it against her dress on her thigh, Minyoung looks at Hyunsoo angrily. "Sorry... Chaerin's sensitive to strong smells and you smell of smoke so..." It's a weak excuse but the point is clear. Stay away from the baby and the girl holding the baby.

"Honey..." Seonmi bites out and for a second Minyoung thinks that her cousin is about to show her displeasure over her curt behaviour towards her husband. But Seonmi surprises her instead. "It's rude to touch other people's babies without permission."

"Oh... oh right! Sorry! My bad!" Hyunsoo laughs it off. But Woobin can tell this man is masking his embarrassment very well. And he's also somewhat angry.

With a slight movement of his head he signals Changwook to pick up his daughter before Somin unknowingly hurts her while moving too hastily. Chaerin doesn't like being moved around so much. So she makes a fuss.

While the baby transfer is on they didn't see Hyunsoo walk around them and sit on the empty chair beside Miran. That move alone made Somin flinch because he's right in front of her, leaving the others appalled.

Woobin meant to sit there so he'd be in front of Somin. He assumed Hyunsoo would sit on the chair on the other side of his wife. Miran, who hasn't experienced his behaviour yet, doesn't realise as her attention is divided between eating quickly and keeping an eye on Changmin and his parents in case she's needed.

Seonmi is trembling with fury. Despite the many attempts to fix his inappropriate behaviour Hyunsoo has clearly not learned to not make unsolicited advances at woman. At first she was worried he'd be too into Minyoung but he's been getting handsy with the other women here too. She doesn't know if she had become blind to his behaviour lately but she was naive to think he had changed. Her friend Somin was right when she said that Hyunsoo has taken marriage as a license to pass his inappropriate behaviour as a harmless joke.

And look at him now! How many overt reactions of repulsion will it take for Hyunsoo to get the message?

"Honey, why don't you sit next to me?" Seonmi points at the chair next to her invitingly, but there's a desperation and threat in her voice. Hyunsoo though barely looks at her, "That's fine honey. I'm already settled in."

Woobin's alarm bells go off in his head. He realized that the anger he detected in Hyunsoo earlier was towards his wife. Two consecutive embarrassing situations and Seonmi has become the face of the humiliation he has suffered.

He can tell Seonmi is not meek or submissive. But he doesn't know how she is with Hyunsoo when they're alone. He's suddenly worried he'd do more than just behave like a rebellious brat when it will be just the two of them.

"So Minyoungie, is it true you're doing that drama with Seo Kangjoon?" Hyunsoo brings up a topic so casually while being too familiar with Minyoung that Woobin feels a sense of foreboding. He's not sure how to react. This is not in his soldier or corporate expertise. He doesn't know who to help and who to tackle.

He looks at Yunho with wild desperation in his eyes but the other only slightly opens his hand in a silent command. "Stay," his captain orders. They don't want to cause a frenzy with babies around. Maybe later they have a good chat with Hyunsoo. For now they'll allow the conversation to flow in this seemingly harmless direction.

Though Minyoung doesn't feel any ease responding to him. "Maybe... if I've recovered in time. I don't want to delay filming." Minyoung takes a mouthful of rice and meat so no one, especially Hyunsoo, would make her talk. But Hyunsoo is adept at ignoring social cues.

"I saw your interviews. Pretty cool! Even with the dry hair and dark circles you managed to look hot!" Everyone feels a mix of cringe and shock. Even Seonmi is offended by that tasteless backhanded compliment. Even she got the point Minyoung was making with that interview and is making her dread how he'd behave if she got pregnant.

Minyoung barely gives him a half sneer for a smile. But Hyunsoo being besotted with Minyoung, doesn't quit talking directly to her. "You should do the drama anyway. For your fans! Everyone wants to see you on TV! But what are you going to do about your baby?"

Minyoung discreetly Changwook's hip before he snaps. She understands the sentiment. They don't like Hyunsoo talking about Chaerin. They don't want him touching Chaerin. They don't want him even breathing near Chaerin. But Somin is finally breathing easy and for her sake Minyoung will keep Hyunsoo's attention on her.

"She'll come with me whenever possible. We already have a nanny who will accompany me."

"Just you? Mr. Park Minyoung's husband not going to babysit?"

"You don't call taking care of your own daughter babysitting?" Changwook snaps prompting Minyoung squeezing his hip in warning. Seonmi catches that and now she's worried Hyunsoo is going to get a pounding. She even sees that other man have some telepathic conversation with Youngwoong's husband most probably about Hyunsoo.

Seonmi has half a mind to drag him away and either give him a good talking to or dump him at his brother's who recently got dumped by his third wife for cheating on her. Now that she thinks about it, she's really married a horrible man. She didn't realise until Changwook said it but she really just picked the worst man for a husband to get a personal and pitiful victory over Minyoung.

She's marveling at how Minyoung is keeping her cool while they are all taut with tension caused by Hyunsoo.

"Chang prefers to spend time with his princess on a day off." Minyoung's response is placating for Changwook. It is what they decided after all. At first Changwook was all for taking their baby everywhere they went. But after Chaerin was born he was so besotted by his bunny princess he knew he'd never be able to focus on acting if she was in his proximity. Minyoung felt the opposite, wanting Chaerin with her so she's not worrying about her when she's out of sight.

Leave it to Hyunsoo to put a disgusting spin to it. "Oh! No nanny for Chang? Looks like somebody can't be trusted to stay with the nanny while mommy is away."

Seonmi's headache returns. Miran regards the man sitting next to her with a sideways glance. The others are internally shaking their heads while Minyoung gives up. She can't do anything to save Hyunsoo from Changwook. Anything in public that is. His first birthday after they began dating, she gave him a memorable night that ironically made him forget his phone password. She could make him forget Hyunsoo's existence if minor accidents had not hampered her c-section recovery.

"What are you implying Hyunsoo-ssi?" When Changwook drops any facade of being civil, Yunho suddenly appears beside him. No, he doesn't stop him. He's not very keen on saving Hyunsoo from what he deserves. Yunho actually takes Chaerin out of the crossfire and returns to the same spot.

Enchanting as he is, Chaerin doesn't fuss and stares at her godmother's husband enamoured. Meanwhile her father is in a tense fight with the creepy man who likes her mother.

"I just think someone lucky enough to be with The Park Minyoung and still make her wait is either stupid or getting his fix elsewhere."

"That may be your policy. Not mine," Snarls Changwook, slightly distracted by Miran doing something with her phone under the table.

"Hyunsoo, I'm not a trophy or object. Stop putting The with my full name." Minyoung snaps, "and I'd appreciate if you don't insult my husband."

"I was just kiddi-"

"Drop the subject before someone hits you Hyunsoo-yah." As Seonmi said that she noticed Somin petrified about something.

"Okay..." Hyunsoo shrugs, "Oh by the way, did you know I ran into Baek Minwoo the other day?"

Minyoung frowns in confusion, "Who?"

"You know... Minwoo... he was in the same high school with us."

"I don't know him... we had very different friend circles." Minyoung knows Hyunsoo is provoking her in some way, revelling in attention from her even if it's loathe. Changwook is returning the favour by rubbing her shoulder even though she knows he's probably seething with the urge to throttle Hyunsoo.

 "Oh right... You were the celebrity model of our school. Why would you know us losers at the bottom of the high school food chain?”

 Minyoung an eyebrow, wondering if this man is pouring out some pent-up frustrations from when they were teens. "You're exaggerating... you and I only had different classes."

"Oh no no! I understand. It wasn't a big deal." Hyunsoo waves it off, "You know I don't even blame you for turning me down when I confessed to you at graduation. You were way out of my league."

"Blame me for what..." Minyoung grumbles when she realizes something. Since Hyunsoo wants to open this can of worms she might as well set the record straight with Seonmi. "Three months before graduation he dates my friend to get my attention. And then dumps her on graduation day to ask me out."

Seonmi's jaw drops. This is not the story she was told. Hyunsoo claimed that Minyoung led him on so he'd break up with the girl he was dating and then rejected him. Even if she was never on good terms with Minyoung she found that story hard to believe back then. Now she can't believe she married someone who has no regard for women's feelings. It’s worse that he doesn’t realize how wrong his behaviour is.

"Seriously man... you're pathetic..." Woobin sneers in disgust.

Hyunsoo knows everyone would believe Minyoung but it doesn't stop him from stuttering out a lame excuse. "No... that's-" Suddenly Hyunsoo's hand is moved under the table and dropped on his lap by a deadpan Miran.

"Excuse me but do we know each other?" Miran asks Hyunsoo with a scarily blank face. The others aren't sure what she's pulling given that she was inattentive the entire time. Hyunsoo is sweating bullets but under Miran's glare he shakes his head. "Were you a Sergeant in the army?" Hyunsoo shakes his head again. "Are you a fifth dan in Taekwondo?" Another slow head shake. "Is your name Jang Yu?" Hyunsoo is too scared to shake his head at this point. "If you're not my boyfriend, what made you think I'd be okay with you feeling me  up!"

 "What!" Seonmi shrieks as the others are equally appalled. Hyunsoo raises those offending hands in surrender, "I was kidding! I swe-"

"The is this!" Yunho's voice booms with unmistakable wrath! He's standing now and looking at something on his phone. Behind him Jaejoong has carried both children and walked to the path that leads to the front of the house with long strides. Now they don't have to hold back around the babies.

Yunho stalks to the table and slams his phone on it. It's a miracle it didn't shatter given the force was enough to rattle the plates and Changwook's half-consumed can of beer even topples and rolls off the table before dropping on the grass. They aren't bothered by the puddle of beer as they all crowd around the phone to watch what seems to be a video on it.

Meanwhile Yunho pulls the petrified Somin away from the group, specifically from Hyunsoo. Miran shoves Hyunsoo away roughly to go around the table and get Somin to a quieter corner. Somin is still visibly shaken that she can't form words. Nonetheless Miran tries her best to assure her she's safe. "Don't worry! I know you were terrified. But you're safe. He can't do anything to you." The words get through to her as Somin nods her head and breathes more easily.

At the table everyone is feeling all kinds of shock and disgust seeing that it is a video of Hyunsoo's hand repeatedly grazing Miran's knee and thigh over her leggings, at times lingering more than a couple of seconds to be mere accidental brushes. Hyunsoo was so into taunting Changwook at that point of the conversation for stealing the object of his affection that is Minyoung, he doesn't even realize Miran has easily filmed his side profile with his hand on her thigh. Knowing it's her word against his, Miran filmed him to catch him redhanded.

More shocking is his tenacity to multi-task in this absurd situation. Not only is he verbally sparring with Changwook, his leg is moving under the table when he's not copping a feel of Miran. Miran managed to film him drop one of his borrowed slippers for his nasty sock-clad foot to brush insistently against Somin's bare legs under the skirt of her dress.

"This piece of-" Woobin moved to climb over the table and do some serious damage but Yunho held him back just as one furious woman storms through the group. Yunho's outburst had attracted the elderly group who were coming over just in time to see Seonmi plant her fist squarely into his nose.

Hyunsoo falls on the ground screaming in pain while clutching his bleeding nose. Her parents are shocked and the others are frozen at the unexpected turn of events.

"Oh my god! You have a sickness!" Even though Hyunsoo is too out of it in pain, Seonmi shrieks in rage. "I was so stupid to think you were a silly flirt! To two- no! Four women! With their partners and your wife right here! This has to be a disease!"

Her parents finally understand what is going on. By then Hyunsoo has managed to regain some sense over the blinding pain and struggles to get on all fours. That's when Seonmi's furious father hauls him up by his shirt, "You bastard! How dare you!"

"Appa!" Seonmi's steady but angry tone tells her father he doesn't have to kill him yet. She looks at her mess of a husband, wordlessly demanding his attention irrespective of the pain she's inflicted on his stupid face. "You will go home... not to our apartment, to your parents. And you are going to get help for your problem because I'm not going to be treated like all your rotating sisters-in-law because your brother can't keep it in his pants! And you better get your act straight or your parents warned you what happens if you go on the same path as your brother."

"Bu-but-"

"shut up!" Seonmi growls at her lousy husband. "Even though I was stupid enough to marry you I won't allow you to humiliate me. Nor am I letting you use a wedding ring as a license to harass someone else. And!" Hyunsoo flinches at that loud syllable, "I especially won't divorce you so you can inflict your insufferable habits on another woman. Fix your addiction and then we'll talk."

"But... but... Umma will-" But Seonmi's smirk tells Hyunsoo she doesn't care that his mother would half kill him before probably getting him the help he needs. His parents reached their limits when his brother cheated on his wife for the third time and his mother clobbered the crap out of him. Hyunsoo didn't care because it wasn't him that was caught. But now he's on death row and he can't be saved.

"Let's go serve you on a platter to your mother," Seonmi's father sniggers devilishly while dragging Hyunsoo by his shirt behind him.

"Sorry for the mess. We'll be leaving early." Seonmi's mot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter