-9-

Misfit Mismatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So you were the first to catch a fish?" Changwook grins at her awestruck voice. Turning on his stomach he recounts his day filming Fisherman and the City. "Yup. I'm an expert you know."

"Sure you are. I could tell the way you ran away when I was eating live octopus that you are a natural."

"Don't remind me. Tomorrow we have to fish for Gyeonsang octopus."

"Be brave okay. You can do it."

"Yes Ma'am."

There's a knock on his hotel room's door. Changwook jumps off his bed and speaks in a low voice. "Someone's here. I'll call later."

"Okay. I'm going to bed. Night." Minyoung hangs up while Changwook gets the door.

"Oh... Sunbae!" He opens the door wider and lets Kyungkyu in. "Evening... I thought we could hang out without cameras for a bit." Kyungkyu drops the bag from the convenience store on the bedside table and sits on the bed that seems undisturbed.

His manager is loitering somewhere and will be back soon. But from the looks of it drinking the night away isn't on Kyungkyu's agenda. In fact it appears his senior is here for a specific purpose.

Changwook quietly sits on his bed and Kyungkyu hands him a pack of banana milk from the bag. "We have to leave early for the pier. And getting drunk won’t do."

"It's okay. I like banana milk." Changwook tucks the straw into the tin foil opening and sips quietly waiting for Kyungkyu to speak.

"So Youngwoong... she's your friend, right? Saw her announcement about her baby a few days ago. How is she doing?" Changwook observes him for a second and answers after he's determined Kyungkyu isn't fishing for gossip. "She's great. The baby is great. They returned home a few days ago. We're all just happy for her."

"That's good..." Kyungkyu smiles to himself, "What was the baby's name? Changmin? My first thought was that sounds a lot like your name. If you combine it with say...Minyoung?" And Kyungkyu guffaws at his lame joke while Changwook can only laugh awkwardly. "Don't play dumb with me Changwook-ssi. Or did you forget what happened when Youngwoong was on Let's Eat Together a couple of years ago?"

It took a heartbeat but Changwook finally remembers when Jaejoong and Kyungkyu accidentally ended up at Minyoung's mother's house with a filming crew and Jaejoong calling him right as they were heading to dinner where he'd propose to Minyoung. "Oh right... Thank you for respecting our privacy then."

"Well it was quite the surprise seeing that picture. For a second I couldn't believe I'm looking at Park Minyoung and Ji Changwook. You guys hid it well." Kyungkyu gives him a little applause that has the younger all bashful. "But I'm confused you know. I thought after Minyoung-ssi publicized it you two would reveal your relationship. At least after you were discharged. Wait... are you still together?"

Changwook nods, but winces subtly. It seems that this is the same query of anyone who knows they're together including his mother. Minyoung's mother is still blissfully oblivious about the dating protocols for celebrities.

But what bothers him is if Minyoung thinks the same. And if she does why won't she tell him? He's too reticent to ask her but he also doesn't have much of an answer for others.

"We haven't really talked about that." Is his automatic response to Kyungkyu as is to others. "Oh... well it's your life... so are you two planning a wedding?"

"We're trying to. We sat with the mothers and tried to decide a date. But we still haven't managed to do that." Changwook answers in relief that there's something they're doing that is not doubtful.

Though when they tried to discuss their schedules with their respective agencies they bluntly asked if they plan to make an official statement that they are together. Minyoung's side sounded more desperate and he gets why. But she got them to stop pressing on the matter till they've discussed it with each other. She's only preventing his anxiety, Changwook knows, but the more they drag this the harder it is for them to plan a wedding.

"You know..." Kyungkyu began, "maybe you should ease into it. Get caught in public a few times. Generate some rumours. So when you tell people you're Park Minyoung's fiance," Kyungkyu smacks his hand together, "It will be the Ah-hah moment your fans need. Otherwise you're going to look like a bad guy for making that beautiful woman wait."

Changwook chuckles. He does look bad doesn't he? How could someone be with this wonderful woman and not tell the world!

"You know what Sunbae... you're absolutely right."

"I am, aren't I?" Kyungkyu takes the bagfull of things he bought, gives Changwook a health drink and gets up. "Good. This went faster than I planned. Now I can sleep longer. I'm taking this. Good night."

Kyungkyu in true Lee Kyungkyu fashion strolls out of the room leaving Changwook laughing at this whole talk.

~~~

"I bet he was screaming over a tiny fish." Minyoung sniggers around the coffee cup, imagining her scaredy cat fiancé on a fishing boat wrestling a wriggly fish.

"Remember when I chased him around with a snake? He hid in the closet for two hours... good times." Jaejoong looks down at her 10 day old baby. "Now you can scare Changwook Samcheon with your crying. Or poop on him like you did with your daddy." Changmin gurgles happily more from a full stomach and warm cuddles but Jaejoong knows better than to fall for that. She has a mischievous tyke on her hands and only her soldier husband has proven to be equipped for it.

"He pooped on Daejang?"

"With great pleasure." Yunho answers Minyoung from across the room where he's studying some papers.

"Where is Changwook anyway? Doesn't he have some time off before he starts filming that cryonics drama?"

Minyoung winces when Jaejoong inquires his whereabouts. Jaejoong's curiosity mostly stems from a very unusual development since Minyoung is enjoying some quiet time after wrapping her latest drama.

Since returning from Fisherman and the City, Changwook has spent his own downtime within a two feet radius of her for the better part of the day. And he's suddenly gotten a fascination for late night walks and morning jogs along the Han river to which he drags her to.

Even unusual is his sudden generosity. She doesn't mind the pretty clothes but he's always taking her to the stores to shop without telling her when and where. These random shopping trips are always topped with a romantic dinner and a walk by the Han.

When she asks what's gotten into him, he distracts her with some appliance or decor for their house. And she's so easily distractable. The high end mixer in their kitchen and absolutely beautiful chandelier in the living room are proof.

"Hello? Earth to Minyoung!" Minyoung nearly spills her coffee when Jaejoong nudges her with her foot from the other end of the couch. "I asked where's that guy who's been stuck to you like a remora?"

"He is like a remora isn't it? He even offered to help me take a bath." Minyoung muses mostly to herself, "He's at the salon to get his hair cut and styled. And he kept bugging me to come along. He's acting really weird these lately..."

"You complain when he's not affectionate enough. Now you complain he's too affectionate. You're too fussy."

"But it's too sudden. And I can tell he's up to something. I just don't know what."

"Aish! Just enjoy it."

Their banter is interrupted when Yunho comes over, "Jae, do these add up?" Yunho wants her to check a document but her hands are full. S

o Minyoung places her coffee aside and leans toward her to pick up Changmin. As soon as she's able to, Jaejoong takes the paper and studies it. Meanwhile Minyoung is ecstatic about cuddling her godson.

Changmin is initially upset about being separated from his mother and being interrupted right when he's about to slip into a nap. But this person smells nice and she's also very good at carrying him unlike his two nannies who think bouncing him around is a great idea.

So he lets out a little yawn and curls up against the sweet smelling lady. Minyoung melts at this little cuddly food monster with an attitude. What an honour to be considered worthy by Lord Jung Changmin!

Seunghyun threw a tantrum at the party last week after Minyoung oh so triumphantly declared she and Changwook are the godparents. He then changed his tune when he experienced how loud Changmin can be. Only a few can handle it, Minyoung being one of them.

Minyoung gets her phone and takes a selfie of herself with Changmin against her chest. Even though Changmin's face is mostly covered with him burying his face in her hair and his hamster cap, she loves how her own face is lit up in joy only being close to this precious little human. It's so good she wants to post it online.

"Changmin's Umma and Appa, can I Instagram this picture?" Jaejoong and Yunho look at the photo and don't see a problem with it. "Sure. We don't mind if you even mention his identity. It was fun how people reacted to one photo of his foot." Yunho particularly loves how Jaejoong's fans have named Changmin their Little Prince. Wait till they know, and they will with the unfiltered Jaejoong, that he's the grumpiest baby with the attitude of Kim Heechul.

Yunho, who is the reason Jaejoong is even an idol, is rediscovering several new facets of idol life since he’s not away from Jaejoong at long lengths of time. Also he’s a recent integration to Jaejoong’s circle of celebrity friends. So he’s quite enjoying seeing how everything they do can create a hype and also their little gimmicks to avoid it.

With their permission Minyoung shares the photo to her Instagram page captioning it with "Baby Youngwoong is the cutest #godson #dayoff."

The responses were instantaneous. She has to laugh at everyone speculating if she's the godmother of Youngwoong's baby. The early reactions are from her own followers but she's sure it'll blow up when Youngwoong's fans and more will catch up.

When her phone rings with a call from Changwook she quickly answers the call. "Park Minyoung we discussed this. Just because you're godmother you're not allowed to kidnap the baby."

Minyoung would pout but she's too softened by the baby she's holding to be affronted. And there are important things to note. "I posted that picture only a minute ago. Are you stalking my Instagram?"

"That picture has gone viral already. I couldn't not see it. Anyway, get over here. There's somewhere we need to go."

"Again! You keep dragging me to random things. Give me b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter