Chapter Nine;

Scars

 

"Do you know Kim Myungsoo?"

Dongwoo showed the old man a picture of Myungsoo while he sat on the lather chair, wanting answers.

"Kim Myungsoo, you say? I'm not that sure. It's true I worked here and have been here for so long, but I don't think I remember everyone." He stated, taking off his glasses, and scanning the picture.

"Are you sure you haven't seen him?" Dongwoo pressed forward, when the old man shook his head.

"Maybe some descriptions will help, but so far, no." 

"Well, he'sㅡ"

"He's not a talkative person. He has cold eyes, and doesn't really have friends. He's quiet, and works well, but quietly, like I said. I've heard he had one friend in elementary school, that's all." Sungyeol cut off Dongwoo's setence, nad straightened his glasses, "I'm sure he was one of the best students. Considering he had no tardies, no missing assignmnents, perfect attendance, and perfect scores on his tests." 

"Oh, well if you put it that way, of course I remember him! Who wouldn't? I'm sure all the teachers on campus that was with him, knows him! He was the best in the class, best in the school, really, just like you said." He smiled at Sungyeol.

"So, you know him? Have you talked to him?" Dongwoo pressed forward.

"I haven't really talked to him personally, but I did talk about how he was very outstanding," The old man pushed up his glasses and stared at the picture, "We even offered him to go to the finest middle school after." He nodded in agreement.

"And, did he go?" Dongwoo questioned.

"Nope. He declined the offer. He said he couldn't bare to leave his best friend." The old man shrugged, "It was such a pity. The middle school wanted him, who wouldn't? He just wanted to go to the regular public schools, with his best friend." He shook his head.

"We heard that his best friend moved in fourth grade, is that true?" Sungyeol asked, writing things in his notepad.

"His best friend? Ah, the trouble maker." He snapped his fingers, "I don't know why Kim Myungsoo even hung out with him. They were total opposites." 

"Wait, do you know the best friend?" Dongwoo leaned foreword.

"Unfortunately, I don't. I've never talked to him. He was really quiet, so quiet, he made it look like Kim Myungsoo was a talkative person." 

"Tha'ts impossible." Dongwoo scoffed.

"But it's true! That boy never talked. Probably with Myungsoo, but not in person. I don't know if other people know his name, but I don't." He shook his head, "Not at all."

"But, if you know Myungsoo, shouldn't you know him? Like, in the yearbook or something, that they a picture of?" Dongwoo asked, hopeful that he would have some kind of evidence.

"I don't think so. They were both camera shy, they didn't like taking pictures." He said, when the school bell finally rang, and the old man sat up straight, then stood up.

"Well, excuse me boys, but it seems like I have to be gone, now." He cheekly smiled, when Dongwoo and Sungyeol both stood up and bowed.

"Thank you for the story." Dongwoo replied.

"No, it's my pleasure. I'm sorry I couldn't find out his friend's name, but I thank you young gentlemen for bringing up Myungsoo's name again. It was great to hear about him. What is he doing now?" The man answered.

"He's deㅡ"

"Very, fine. He's very fine, I'll let him know you said hi." Dongwoo interrupted Sungyeol's words, as he pushed Sungyeol outside to the halls.

"What was that for?" Sungyeol hissed.

"We're not telling anyone what happened to him, until we find this out." Dongwoo straightened his jacket and headed towards the car.

"Come on, let's go."

`

"Hyun woo, Hyun woo." 

She repeated his name, over and over again, holding onto the two letters she received.

Dropping them on the table, she rubbed her temples, to keep it from hurting, when she took a grasp of the letter again.

"He knows I'm reading this, therefore he keeps sending them. He knows everything, he knows everything I'm doing." She quietly said to herself, before mentally slapping her.

"But, why? Why is he sending these things to me? If he murdered someone, he should hide. Not let the world know." She said again, to herself before widening her eyes at the truth.

"Unless, he wants me to know."