Chapter Twenty One;

Scars

She walked in, and the house was quiet. She didn't hear Woohyun in the kitchen making dinner, or the vaccum cleaner on, or even the scrubbing in the bathroom.

She stepped in, taking off her heels, as she threw her purse into the couch, where was Woohyun? It wasn't her to wonder, but she was worried, where was he?

Before she could talk to herself more, she felt arms around her shoulders, making her gasp in surprise.

"Don't move."

She remembered that voice, anywhere mostly. It was definately, Woohyun.

"Release me, right now. I'm not in the mood of games." She whispered, but in a strong voice, for him to let go.

"I want to tell you something. No, scratch that. I need to tell you something. About me, about us." He said, by her ear, as he turned her around holding on her shoulders.

"I don't care whether you are scarred, or have thorns. I'm here now. I don't care if you still love your boyfriend. Like I said before, I can't be your perfect prince charming like how he was to you. I can't be just like him, I can't promise you anything. But I do know, I can try to be the closest person to you, just like himㅡ"

"I don't need you to try." She harshly cut him off, "I don't want you to try to love me, or try to him when you're not. You'll never be near him. You won't even be this littleㅡ" She pinched her fingers together, "Close to him."

"You didn't give me a chance! Your boyfriend isn't going to come back." He harshly told her, "As much as you try, he'll never come back to you. You can pray, you can wish, but it's never going to happen." 

"You're a jerkㅡ"

"I don't care, okay?" He his lips before it turned dry, "I like you. I want to be there for you. It pains me to see you cry every night in your sleep always thinking about him. You don't think I know? I've been attracted to you the first time I woke up from my hangover. When I opened my eyes, you were so beautiful, I couldn't walk away from you just like that without trying!" Woohyun yelled into her.

"So about your pops, were you lying?" She accused.

"No, everything I told you were true. I do hate my dad, I do hate him. My mom died, everything is true! But I don't want to walk away from you. You're right. I'm a jerk, I'm not a good son, or a good person. I have many secrets like I said, and I have many regrets, but you made me think that it's going to be okay, whether I do end up living my life as hell. If you're with me, I feel like my life isn't hell, and sometimes I wouldn't mind living there. Do you understand me?" He shook her gently.

"Your sudden confession, it's not going to do anything." 

"Your boyfriend. He loved you, he loved you a lot. I know. From how you described him, I know how much he cared for you. Since I know what he did, I can be him for you. But don't look at him anymore, look at me. Look at Woohyun, will you? I like you. I promise I won't hurt you. I won't leave you. I'll catch you when you fall, I won't just throw you down when I don't like you anymore. I can promise you that I will love you." He paued, "I will and forever love you."

"You're insane." She whispered, not knowing what to do.

"What do you say?" He asked, when she shook her head from all the frustrations that happend today, and what ever happened after. She wanted to erase everything, all those pain, those horrid memories, she wanted to erase them all.

Her tears began to uncontrollably fall once more, when he grabbed her and embraced her into a hug.

"Don't cry." He whispered, kissing the top of her head, when she slowly wrapped her arms around Woohyun's body, giving him an acceptance.

Maybe it was time to move on, maybe Myungsoo was now gone in her life, the fact that he will never come back. That he will never be a part of her life anymore, that he won't be with her. But the fact Woohyun will be, was just good enough.

"Can you really promise me everything?" She whispered, gently, ever so gently into his chest.

"I promise."

`

Sungyeol leaned on his chair, wondering what to do, after the video incident when his phone rang. His eyes bulged out of his sockets when he read the caller id.

Lee Howon.

"Howon!" He yelled on the other line to hear Howon chuckling.

"Hey, Sungyeol. My man, haven't heard from you in a long time." Howon said on the other line.

"I don't care. What happened, when are you coming back, did you find anything, are youㅡ"

"Woah, slow down, man. I'll answer your questions later. We're coming to Korea soon, we're just getting into the plane." Howon said.

"That's good to hear." Sungyeol breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yeah. Well, we have to get on the plane, so I'll call you back when we get there." Howon said, in a rush. 

"Is it good news, or plan failed?" Sungyeol quickly added. 

"It's good news."

`