Chapter One;

Scars

Click, Clack, Click, Clack.

Her shoes clicked on the white tiled floor, when she entered the room filled with people with black suits. Files in their hands, walking around, running around, finding people. Sitting on the chair by the computers, looking up gossip, stories, and the names of accused. 

"You're here. I was wondering where you were." Her boss said, not looking up at her and raising his cup of coffee towards his chin to take a sip of the hot brew.

"Yeah, the traffic was pretty tight." She explained, putting her black purse on her white cleaned table, when she picked up the files sitting right in front of her.

"So, I've heard." He remarked.

Crossing her legs, she looks through the files, chewing her tongue, when she sees her boss staring.

"ㅡAnd I've heard you had something to tell me. Spit it." 

Her boss, taken aback, stared back in horror, "How did you know?" 

"It's pretty obvious when people are talking behind your back in the women stall, isn't it? Word goes around, small world, it all happens, don't you think?" She walked up, getting herself a cup of coffee, before her boss stands up and walks towards her table.

"Therefore you would know what I'm going to talk about, right?" He raised his brow, when she came towards her.

"Let's just say I do. Why don't you rephrase. Tell me, what do you have in your mind?" She sat back down on her table, putting her cup down and leaning towards him, with her hands clamped together.

"Let's give it up, shall we?" 

His words stung her when she cocked her head from side to side, just to calculate what he was saying.

"Excuse me, tell me that again?" She questioned, standing up abruptly.

"It's been three months, let's just stop thisㅡ"

"You know, you seem so confidence for a man who only worked here for five years." She snapped, giving him the eye.

"If you heard already from the women stall, you should know. We're all tired, we've been tracking this guy for three months, we don't know what to do. We've been only talking and searching for him. What about the others? What about them, are we just going to keep pushing them to aside? Just because your boyfriend died doesn't mean he gets to be the first one." He snapped back at her.

"Kim Sunggyu," She glared, "Besides being the boss of this agency, you're supposed to be my friend. Our friend." She looked away, walking towards the files and then throwing it back on the table.

"I am your friend. I was his friend too, we're all friends here. I mean, maybe not close, but good enough. Aquaintances. We worked together, but you know how hard it is just to find this one guy? If all of us can't find him, how do you expect us to find him in a short period of time?" Sunggyu asked, massaging his temples.

"Keep the faith, keep the hope. I thought that was your motto?" 

"It doesn't matter! You need to snap out of it. We can't find him. Even if we do find him, we have no evidence. Do you expect us to find him and put him through court, or even kill him if we don't have evidence?" Sunggyu questioned when she walked towards her desk and opened her drawer.

Hurridely grabbing a piece of paper, she points her finger to the letter and gazed at him.

"You know, I got this letter. I showed it to you when I first got it. You were there. You know who this guy is." She hissed under her breath when Sunggyu slowly paced behind her.

"Keep the faith, keep the hope. I don't know about it this time around, ~~~~~." He shrugged, putting his hands in his pocket.

She watched him walk slowly to his chair and sitting down. Massaging his temples and un-wrinkling his forehead, he takes a sip of his hot brewed coffee once before stopping his gaze towards her.

"We all miss Myungsoo, okay? Not only you." He whispered, before she glared at him once more, giving him a scoff.

"Not as much as me." She remarked, grabbing her coat from her seat, and walking out of the room, leaving Sunggyu sitting there in worry.

`

"Take it, or leave it." 

"You're a tough cookie, aren't you?" Taekyeon chewed his gum roughly, when he spit it back out on the dirty cold street.

"You wanted it, I got it for you. It's all yours. Just hand me the money." He said, taking out his hands, and receiving the brief case, when Taekyeon handed it to him.

"You ain't a bad guy after all, right?" Taekyeon chuckled in soft whispers, before taking a step backwards. "Then, I guess we won't have to worry about any of our connections." He smirked, walking away, with the street lights flashing down on him.

Woohyun stared at the brief case full of cash, before smiling to himself. 

"Easy peasy." He chuckled, heading towards his house, when he sees the light on inside the kitchen.

The vase crashes right next to his face, as he sees it fall to the floor, when he opens the door to be accompanied by his father.

"You lazy kid. Where have you been?" He questioned, his head full of anger and redness, that it covered his whole pale face.

"I was out. I thought I told you I was coming in late," He said in a voice so soft, no one could hear.

"Late. I thought it was late as in maybe, 12? Do you know the time right now? It's 4 A.M. Do you hear me?" His father asked, when he slammed the counter hard, making a loud bang.

"I'm sorry, okay? I forgot the time." Woohyun sulked.

"You think I'm sorry will cut it? When the hell will you learn?" He snapped.

"Whenever I feel like it, okay? Stop nagging me. You've been nagging me every day for two years. I get it. It's getting old now." Woohyun snapped back, when he headed upstairs to his room.

"What did you say?" His father's voice echoed before he slammed the door and leaned on it, rolling down onto the carpet.

He opened the brief case to see the money again, before touching it and fanning it to himself. 

"You will never know, pops." 

`

Sorry, bad starting right? 

If it's confusing, let me rephrase: 

You are Myungsoo's ex girlfriend, since he was killed.

Sunggyu, is you & Myungsoo's friend (aquaintances, more like, teammates), who is also the boss of the agency.

Woohyun is the drug dealer who steals drugs and sells it to people for money. 

Please comment & subscribe (: 

`