Day off

Dating an Idol [ sequel to My Celebrity Crush]

 

“Hello beautiful, want to have lunch together?” you recognized that voice and immediately glanced up. “Yah, don’t talk to me so comfortably..” You said, glaring at him. “Araso.” He bent down a bit. “Noona, let’s go and have lunch..uh?” He insisted. This time Hyuna turned to look at the two of you. She gave a faint smile.

You replied back her smile and turned to look at Chunji again.

“Okay.” You finally gave in and quickly grabbed your bag. On your way out of the office, you could feel that your colleagues were looking at your direction. You started to fasten your pace as Chunji followed you from behind.

“Noona, why did you walk so fast? Do you feel awkward walking with me?” He asked as soon as both of you got on to the lift.

“Of course. People might misunderstand us.” You answered brief. He laughed a bit. “Stop being so paranoid noona. Don’t mind what other people think about you.” He instantly said. You sighed. “You don’t know what I’ve been through…” You mumbled. “What?” he asked. You just shook your head slightly.

“Chunji ah. Why didn’t you tell me your father owns this firm?”

He chuckled a bit and a smile was formed on his face.”I am not the one to be blame. Noona, I’ve told you everything about my family background, you are the one who weren’t listening.” He answered. You gave him a confused look, as your furrowed your eyebrows. “You did?”

Again, he laughed. “Noona, you really didn’t remember?” You shook your head. “Aishh, I guess you had really grown older.” He teased. “Bwoh?” You hit him on the shoulder. “I’m not old. I’m not 24 yet.” You growled. “I’m just kidding noona.”

You then walked together to a nearby restaurant to have lunch.”Is this okay noona?” Chunji asked. You just nodded and followed him into the restaurant. Just then, you saw Sohee having lunch with her friend. Sohee realized you and immediately waved at you. She then gestured for you to come and sat at her table. You gave her a smile and grabbed Chunji’s hand towards where she sat.

“Yeon Jung ah… Come join us.” She invited. “Are you sure this is okay?” You asked. Her friend just smiled.

“Don’t worry. Just sit. Chunji ah. Sit..” She told chunji. You looked at chunji and back to Sohee again. Chunji immediately took an empty seat and pulled a chair for you, gesturing for you to sit down.

“So, you guys work together huh?” Sohee suddenly asked. “You knew?” Sohee nodded. “We coincidentally met the other day and since I already know you’ll be hired, I told Sohee noona about it.”  Chunji explained it to you. You nodded.

“Want to order anything?” She asked.

Then the four of you had lunch together, however Sohee’s friends Yubin excused herself first. After Yubin left, you guys continued to eat the meal while talking to each other.

SOHEE’s POV

“I need to go to the toilet for a moment.” Yeon Jung excused herself. She stood up and directly went towards the bathroom.

I watched as she disappeared and turned to look at Chunji. “How’s thing going on?” I asked him, leaning a bit closer to him. He was quite surprised by my sudden question. He merely smiled and put a thumb up. “Don’t worry noona, everything seems perfectly fine and according to plan…” He tried to convince me as he continued to chew his food.

“This plan better goes well.” “Relax noona…It’ll work out..”

“She’s out..” I warned him and leaned against the chair. “Yeon Jung ah. I think I need to head first.” I said glancing at my watch. “Ohh, are okay walking to office alone? I didn’t expect Yubin will leave first.”

“Don’t worry, I’m fine.” I convinced her and stood up. “Then I’ll be going first. Bye” I waved at the two of them and turned to glance at Chunji for one last time before making my way out. He smirked and mouthed “Don’t worry..” immediately after that I left.

****

“Okay good job guys… You guys did an excellent job. So I’ve discuss with the other managers and we decided to give all of you a day off. You can do whatever you want. Go meet your parents or your friends…”

“Or even go on a date, just don’t get caught this time..” The manager said looking at Myungsoo’s direction. “Oh Yeah!!! Free at last…” Sungjong jumped up and down.  Woohyun rushed towards Myungsoo. “ Yah myungsoo ah. Lend me Yeon Jung for a day..” he said. Myungsoo glared at him.

“Yah yah, you know you shouldn’t look at your hyung that way.” He constantly glared at Woohyun. “Okay, so it’s still a no. Stingy dongsaeng.” He mumbled and walked away.

“You too. You guys can have a day off too.” The manager pointed at both Sun Young and Jieun. Sun Young grinned widely. She then started to pack some stuffs when Sunggyu suddenly approached her.  “Noona..” He called, rubbing the back of his neck. Sun Young glanced up and met his small eyes. “Are you doing anything tomorrow?” he asked.

“If you are going to ask me out, sorry I can’t...” She coolly answered. “Why? Noona, it’s not a date, I just wanted to go out and hang out with you, as friend. That’s all. Please…” he pleaded. She paused to think. “Please noona, just one.. huh?” He pleaded again. She turned to face him again. “I’ll think about it. “ She replied. “Okay then..” he flashed one last smile before leaving her. 

"Sunggyu ah.." She called him. He spun his head so that he faced her. "Okay.." She answered brief. "Okay? I thought you said you'll considered. You have already make up you mind?" He asked. 

She just nodded. "What, you want me to take it back?" 

"ani ani. Okay then. see you tomorrow." He said, smiling at her.